Mitch as a backup or TE?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
PACE ****ed up royally, we can all agree, trading up for what looks like a bust of a QB as far as starting QBs go in the NFL

But

What if he takes a team-friendly deal to be the backup QB while they go out and get a starter?

Bonus question:

Why not convert him to TE after his hip heals?

He's big, can run like a gazelle, and maybe can catch (he IS athletic af, and tough as CHIT *physically*)

Do you think it would be more difficult to learn the TE position vs learn how to play QB at a pro level?

Honest question.

Thanks.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It'll take 3-4 years to learn the blocking schemes and all that jazz but he's honestly too old at this point.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
PACE ****ed up royally, we can all agree, trading up for what looks like a bust of a QB as far as starting QBs go in the NFL

But

What if he takes a team-friendly deal to be the backup QB while they go out and get a starter?

Bonus question:

Why not convert him to TE after his hip heals?

He's big, can run like a gazelle, and maybe can catch (he IS athletic af, and tough as CHIT *physically*)

Do you think it would be more difficult to learn the TE position vs learn how to play QB at a pro level?

Honest question.

Thanks.
I think we should trade him to the Dolphins.

greg23

Liked Posts:
What if he just bulked up and became the LT we need?

LT offer good value at #2

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Mitch is yearning for his NC days where he could just hold a clipboard behind a scrub QB. Zero pressure. Zero expectations.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What if we just put him back in the dumpster?

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Lets see he's 6 foot 2 runs a 4.6 weighs 230 lbs I mean he can't be a worse tight end at receiving then what we have right now

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Lets see he's 6 foot 2 runs a 4.6 weighs 230 lbs I mean he can't be a worse tight end at receiving then what we have right now

Mitch would forget his routes. He's not very bright. Nagy already mentioned having to dumb the playbook down after the week 1 debacle.