Mitch the silent assassin

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Reddit also streams nfl games for free
No it doesn't, that would be highly illegal and a horrible decision by reddit. However, there is a subreddit that people post links to other websites that stream games.

Do I think he deserves it? Fuck no. But will he get in? Definitely.
Every current HOF QB has put up at least 1 top 5 season. Eli has 0. How is that a 'definitely'? It would be unprecedented..

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also not sure how you can say Flacco has is more deserving than Manning when Flacco had arguably one of the best defenses of all time, not to mention that Flacco only has 1 SB where Eli has 2 and 2 SB MVPs
Let's see, he pulled them back from certain defeat in the waning seconds against Denver and it's hilarious that you give Eli full credit and his defense none while giving a piss poor defensive effort that gave up 35 to Denver and 31 to SF in the SB all the credit. The Giants held the Patriots to no more than 17 points in their 2 SB games and in both those post seasons ranked as the #1 defense among all 12 playoff teams in points allowed while the Ravens ranked #8 in their SB post season run. I know someone like you can't understand this, but it's easier to win games when you hold the opponent to a much lower score like that. Flacco's rating that post season was 124.2 with 11 TDs and O Ints.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No it doesn't, that would be highly illegal and a horrible decision by reddit. However, there is a subreddit that people post links to other websites that stream games.

Every current HOF QB has put up at least 1 top 5 season. Eli has 0. How is that a 'definitely'? It would be unprecedented..
The bolded is true. That is what I meant. There is a subreddit that does that, not Reddit itself.

I believe the HOF will focus more on the fact that he has 2 rings, 2 SB MVPs, beat an undefeated Patriots team, and is a Manning.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Let's see, he pulled them back from certain defeat in the waning seconds against Denver and it's hilarious that you give Eli full credit and his defense none while giving a piss poor defensive effort that gave up 35 to Denver and 31 to SF in the SB all the credit. The Giants held the Patriots to no more than 17 points in their 2 SB games and in both those post seasons ranked as the #1 defense among all 12 playoff teams in points allowed while the Ravens ranked #8 in their SB post season run. I know someone like you can't understand this, but it's easier to win games when you hold the opponent to a much lower score like that. Flacco's rating that post season was 124.2 with 11 TDs and O Ints.
When did I say Eli’s defense does not deserve credit? If you seriously don’t think that Baltimore defense wasn’t one of, if not the best, of all time I really don’t know what to tell you except you’re an idiot. And good for Flacco. He had one exceptional post season run but that’s not enough to get into the HOF. Eli has 2 rings and 2 SB MVPs which is still more than Flacco has ever accomplished. Also I don’t get why you can’t undertsand that QBs are the position held the most responsible for their team’s record. Following that logic, a SB win, whether they won it “on their own” or not is the type of accomplishment that can land a QB in the HOF if they can repeat it, which Eli has.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bolded is true. That is what I meant. There is a subreddit that does that, not Reddit itself.

I believe the HOF will focus more on the fact that he has 2 rings, 2 SB MVPs, beat an undefeated Patriots team, and is a Manning.

Not enough for a chit QB

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
When did I say Eli’s defense does not deserve credit? If you seriously don’t think that Baltimore defense wasn’t one of, if not the best, of all time I really don’t know what to tell you except you’re an idiot. And good for Flacco. He had one exceptional post season run but that’s not enough to get into the HOF. Eli has 2 rings and 2 SB MVPs which is still more than Flacco has ever accomplished. Also I don’t get why you can’t undertsand that QBs are the position held the most responsible for their team’s record. Following that logic, a SB win, whether they won it “on their own” or not is the type of accomplishment that can land a QB in the HOF if they can repeat it, which Eli has.
Use some sense, man. Defense wins championships. Doesn't matter how good the Baltimore D was in the regular season. In the post season they were giving up points left and right and needed Flacco to bail them out. While it's typical for QBs to get more credit from stupid fans, it's not truly indicative of who truly deserves the credit. Do the Giants win those 2 games if their defense, like Baltimore's, gives up more than 30 points? Of course not. Hell, they needed a miracle catch in each game just to win those low scoring games. When your QB is Eli, make sure you don't give up too many points and pray for a miracle.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There are many who have been on winning SB teams.
Bob Griese
Jim Plunkett
Joe Theisman
Jim McMahon
Phil Simms
Jeff Hostetler
Mark Rypien
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Joe Flacco
Nick Foles

Would be harder to name QBs who played in 13 seasons without winning a playoff game.
Would that be teh same Phil Simms who completed some insanely high percentage of his passes in a Super Bowl and won the game? 24 passes in a row, or some shit?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Use some sense, man. Defense wins championships. Doesn't matter how good the Baltimore D was in the regular season. In the post season they were giving up points left and right and needed Flacco to bail them out. While it's typical for QBs to get more credit from stupid fans, it's not truly indicative of who truly deserves the credit. Do the Giants win those 2 games if their defense, like Baltimore's, gives up more than 30 points? Of course not. Hell, they needed a miracle catch in each game just to win those low scoring games. When your QB is Eli, make sure you don't give up too many points and pray for a miracle.
Defense does not win championships anymore. That’s why the Bears have one Super Bowl and the packers have 4. That’s why the patriots have 6 and the Ravens have 2. I could go on and on and on. It’s just simply not true anymore. You can engage in hypotheticals all you want about what would have happened “if the giants D gave up 30 points” all you want but nobody cares. It didn’t happen. What if Grossman was good and Cutler actually gave a shit? The bears would have 3-4 Super Bowls but they don’t. That’s the reality of the NFL.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Whether or not he deserves it is an entirely different discussion, but he will be a HOFer.
He plays in New York, which in itself is often enough to get a guy in the HOF. He has two Super Bowl wins over Brady, including the win over a 17-0 team. THAT alone got him in.
Remember, the New York writers got Joe Friggin' Namath in the HOF, and he is one of the most average QBs ever - if even that. He is the single most overrated athlete I can name.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
H

He plays in New York, which in itself is often enough to get a guy in the HOF. He has two Super Bowl wins over Brady, including the win over a 17-0 team. THAT alone got him in.
Remember, the New York writers for Joe Friggin' Namath in the HOF, and he is one of the most average QBs ever - if even that. He is the single most overrated athlete I can name.
I didn’t even think about the NY thing but yeah that’s a big factor in his favor too.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Defense does not win championships anymore. That’s why the Bears have one Super Bowl and the packers have 4. That’s why the patriots have 6 and the Ravens have 2. I could go on and on and on. It’s just simply not true anymore. You can engage in hypotheticals all you want about what would have happened “if the giants D gave up 30 points” all you want but nobody cares. It didn’t happen. What if Grossman was good and Cutler actually gave a shit? The bears would have 3-4 Super Bowls but they don’t. That’s the reality of the NFL.
I am not sure which side you are arguing here.

Are you suggesting the Patriots won 6 SBs on the strength of their offense alone?

Check the scores. Did you already forget last year's game? They scored one TD, late, and won the game!

Please list for me all the teams with Super Bowl wins that had bad defenses - you seem to be implying the Pats and Green Bay would be on that list, but you'd be really, really wrong.

Many teams that won the SB had good to great offenses, but almost none of those - if any, actually - also had poor defenses.

The Rams' Greatest Show on Turf? #6 defense, and won a low scoring game by less than a TD.

Denver could never win one behind Elway and the offense, but finally broke through when they had good D.

On and on.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:cutty:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I am not sure which side you are arguing here.

Are you suggesting the Patriots won 6 SBs on the strength of their offense alone?

Check the scores. Did you already forget last year's game? They scored one TD, late, and won the game!

Please list for me all the teams with Super Bowl wins that had bad defenses - you seem to be implying the Pats and Green Bay would be on that list, but you'd be really, really wrong.

Many teams that won the SB had good to great offenses, but almost none of those - if any, actually - also had poor defenses.

The Rams' Greatest Show on Turf? #6 defense, and won a low scoring game by less than a TD.

Denver could never win one behind Elway and the offense, but finally broke through when they had good D.

On and on.
I’m not arguing they won those 6 SBs on the strength of the Offense alone, but it was certainly due to the offense and having Tom Brady more than the defense. And that’s not to say the patriots had bad D but they wouldn’t have gotten close to 6 SBs without Brady and a historically great Offense.