Mitch Trubisky fans may want to look away

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You really must have just started watching the bears.

In 06 if we had a better QB than Sexy Rexy that team wins the superbowl.

David Terrell still is the biggest bust in franchise history to me.

One thing this organization hasnt had in decades is balance. Once they finally built a stacked offensive unit under cutler the defense fell into the abyss. They slightly had that in 2018. I'm willing to believe with a better run game they can regain some form of it again.

Edit: I feel like a lot of it is recency bias as well. That or too many of you have never felt the heartbreak of a disappointing season since this team hasn't had too many in recent memory. 2007 was much more of a disappointment, and that roster was more talented.

Not only the biggest bust but to me personally, the most shocking bust. I was at that famous Northwestern game in Evanston and saw him play up close. He was incredible in that game....like 10 catches and 3 TD's.....precise routes and great hands. I loved that pick. Just goes to show how huge the jump is to the NFL from college.

And you're correct, too many kids in here telling everyone who the best or worst in history is when their entire football history is like 10 years. LOL

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not only the biggest bust but to me personally, the most shocking bust. I was at that famous Northwestern game in Evanston and saw him play up close. He was incredible in that game....like 10 catches and 3 TD's.....precise routes and great hands. I loved that pick. Just goes to show how huge the jump is to the NFL from college.

And you're correct, too many kids in here telling everyone who the best or worst in history is when their entire football history is like 10 years. LOL

10 yrs is being generous.

DT was probably the most disappointing/shocking one too for me. Bought a jersey of his the day he got drafted. Was shocked when he was a massive bum.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
WHen it comes to Mitch it is obvious the team is working to make him better. The off season coaching changes show this.
Mitch's issues primarily come from reading defenses pre-snap and post-snap. I think what happened is that NAgy and company were far too concerned with getting Mitch to memorize the playbook and forgot that they still had to develop a QB.

IF the coaching staff goes back into this season worried about more plays then it is a massive mistake. They need ot break down Mitch to his core, give him what he can handle, make it work and have him learn how to read defenses at a pace he can handle.

Not every QB learns at the same rate, and with Mitch he obviously was thrown too much and it is obvious his lack of snaps in college and lack of time spent developing in the pros has set him back.

Have this off season be less about the playbook and more about making Mitch work and we can possibly salvage him.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Cedric Benson was a pretty big bust. .. curits P Enis ... Cade... so many to choose from.. I should become a packers fan

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I believe that after 2 years, the coach should not be fired. Maybe if this next year sucks again, I will have a different opinion. I do not think that Pace's performance was such that he should be fired. Maybe if this next year sucks I might think differently.

Uh, ok, thanks I guess.

Is Pace the reason we sucked last year though? Or do you also chalk it up to bad juju or a momentary loss of favor from the football gods like so many others here?

mecha

Liked Posts:
even after multiple misfortunes and botches in the 1st round, Pace is still a savior compared to Angelo and Emery.

my interest in this team is rapidly going away. and it all started with that overpaid double doink douchebag with his 52 and 12 year old looking face. against the Eagles, of all teams. I hate the Eagles.

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
Uh, ok, thanks I guess.

Is Pace the reason we sucked last year though? Or do you also chalk it up to bad juju or a momentary loss of favor from the football gods like so many others here?
I know, there were times I was going crazy and wanting some changes, and if this year is crap, then you've won me over. To me the main problem appeared to be Nagy not developing an offense for the team he has and keeps developing plays for KC or another team. Howard is a prime example, 2 years ago all we hear is once we get a real running back that I like, well then look out, but the truth is we took a step back as far as running the ball. So that is on Nagy. Not sure he knows how to run the ball.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I know, there were times I was going crazy and wanting some changes, and if this year is crap, then you've won me over. To me the main problem appeared to be Nagy not developing an offense for the team he has and keeps developing plays for KC or another team. Howard is a prime example, 2 years ago all we hear is once we get a real running back that I like, well then look out, but the truth is we took a step back as far as running the ball. So that is on Nagy. Not sure he knows how to run the ball.

Everything you say about Nagy is true and spot-on. Mitch has also shown he doesn't have it imo.

And it is easier for Nagy to change and be a decent enough coach to win and far harder (impossible perhaps?) for Mitch to change and be good enough to win - and I mean WIN. It all. He can be good enough to get us back to playoffs but in the playoffs is when QBs need to be QBs and I don't think he has it. I like him for working hard but that doesn't get us back there unfortuanately.