Mitch Trubisky: "You gotta believe this week is going to be the week."

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Are you buying it this week? Is this the week that the Bears offense explodes for 18 points?

Let's hear some theories on what happens vs the Redskins...

Tribune story

Asked where his confidence was Thursday afternoon, Trubisky gave a measured response, using “believe” six times.

“It’s good,” he said. “You just gotta believe this week is gonna be the week. So we haven’t been executing the way we want to. There (are) definitely some things that we are missing on film, but we’re coming together and we’re correcting them. The most important thing to me is that my guys still believe in me. I believe in myself and we’re one unit. We’re together. We’re sticking together and we’re gonna do what we gotta do to correct it and we gotta believe that this offense could explode at any minute because of the playmakers and the special guys we have in the locker room.

“We just gotta keep believing in that, believe in the plan, have a great week of practice and then go out there and execute it on game day. That’s most important. It’s great to have great practices during the week, but you gotta make sure you are performing on game day and making those plays for your team. I am feeling good about where we’re at and you just gotta believe that this is the week.”

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
"We're only going to score 17 points? Haha, okay!"

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
No we do not.

Stop playing like shit for 3-4 straight weeks and I will start believing a little.

I gotta admit, you've done a complete 180.

It's a good thing though. We don't want to be bullshited by this team anymore. Nagy's team concept and leadership is welcome, but you've gotta start putting points on the board.

I like this tidbit from Mitch in the quotes: "...this offense could explode at any minute..."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It's a good thing though. We don't want to be bullshited by this team anymore. Nagy's team concept and leadership is welcome, but you've gotta start putting points on the board.

I like this tidbit from Mitch in the quotes: "...this offense could explode at any minute..."

I am in the boat where I do not need to hear about it anymore. Score fucking points. Look competent. Stop talking to me about 202, stop talking to me about development, stop telling me about opening up the playbook, just score fucking points.

They spent all offseason fluffing the QB and the offense and then shit down their leg. That burns a lot of credibility in my books.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am 100% buying that MT believes it. I am significantly less but still remain optimistic. Patience is running thin and I believe Nagy has to share the blame.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

When you’ve been a bears fan for as long as some of us have been reality hits us faster. This isn’t our first rodeo. We are the only team in the modern era that can’t put together a competent offense.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
When you’ve been a bears fan for as long as some of us have been reality hits us faster. This isn’t our first rodeo. We are the only team in the modern era that can’t put together a competent offense.

I hear ya.

I've been watching a lot of other teams, which I normally don't do, and it seems like they can all move the ball.

I'm sitting there watching JAX last night, a team who struggled offensively with Bortles last year, and they bring in Foles to elevate the offense....Foles gets injured, Minshew comes out like a competent NFL QB on day one and can move the chains.

These other teams' offenses look professional...ours looks like a shitty college team.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Are you buying it this week? Is this the week that the Bears offense explodes for 18 points?

Let's hear some theories on what happens vs the Redskins...

Tribune story

Asked where his confidence was Thursday afternoon, Trubisky gave a measured response, using “believe” six times.

“It’s good,” he said. “You just gotta believe this week is gonna be the week. So we haven’t been executing the way we want to. There (are) definitely some things that we are missing on film, but we’re coming together and we’re correcting them. The most important thing to me is that my guys still believe in me. I believe in myself and we’re one unit. We’re together. We’re sticking together and we’re gonna do what we gotta do to correct it and we gotta believe that this offense could explode at any minute because of the playmakers and the special guys we have in the locker room.

“We just gotta keep believing in that, believe in the plan, have a great week of practice and then go out there and execute it on game day. That’s most important. It’s great to have great practices during the week, but you gotta make sure you are performing on game day and making those plays for your team. I am feeling good about where we’re at and you just gotta believe that this is the week.”

I actually think that after the Green Bay disaster, the rose colored glasses have come off. And the sense of urgency is palpable. Finally, they have a world class defense. Those are probably the offense's best assets right now to work things out. IMHO, you are going to see a basic offense that will, each week do something slightly better. For example, week 2 incremental positives were Montgomery, Shaheen, and Cohen. Week 2 will show another set of incremental progress. By week 8, they should have an average offense.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What an arrogant bastard. He needs a lesson in humility.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
You can believe this offense will work all you want. Mitchis an athletic QB who is best rolling out. He was never a pure pocket passer.

Get him a bit dirty. Design some runs. Hes 230lbs not 190lbs .

If he can be a threat with his legs he will be way more effective.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He needs to run. If it cost him years on the back end of his career so be it. He’s not good enough to just be a pocket passer. He’s gonna be a backup unless he reverts back to a runner anyway. 8 years in the league as a poor mans Vick is better than 10 years with 7 of them as a backup.

Reactions: DC

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I am floored mitch looks this bad. He looks to be top 5 worst starting qbs in the league at the moment. We need him because unlike the lovie years our running game blows.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Get used to this. He's not named Windy for nothing.

Mitch need to just shut up and play.

Exactly this. It's like he's never read any of his posts. Whenever things aren't good he starts crying like it's the end of the world.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bears still lose this one. Trubisky can keep doing pressers like "IT'S COMING, I PROMISE IT'S COMING!" and it doesn't mean shit to me. I'll be working out of town (in cheese land, so that makes it worse), so I'll miss this game too. something about Redskins and MNF just sounds like a total meltdown disaster of 2009 Cutleresque proportions to me.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Bears still lose this one. Trubisky can keep doing pressers like "IT'S COMING, I PROMISE IT'S COMING!" and it doesn't mean shit to me. I'll be working out of town (in cheese land, so that makes it worse), so I'll miss this game too. something about Redskins and MNF just sounds like a total meltdown disaster of 2009 Cutleresque proportions to me.

I shouda put this video in the original post. Tarik Cohen thinks they can get 30 points...

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't even remember if the Bears have beaten the Redskins in the last 15 years. they've had some pretty F-ing embarrassing losses to them.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly this. It's like he's never read any of his posts. Whenever things aren't good he starts crying like it's the end of the world.
I like it. Passionate fan stuff.