Mitch will more than likely get the 5th year option

msadows

Liked Posts:
Even if some members (mostly dum dums) don't believe so, or have a vendetta against it. I mean there are people on here who still don't believe Mitch starts a game next year.

The option is only guaranteed against injury, and the Bears have until May of 2021 to cut him.

We can do the same with floyd this year. If the Bears decide they do not want to retain his shitty, mediocre services, Bears can cut him by May and not take a cap hit.

So before some of you flip out, just letting all of you know.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So he wasn’t good against Detroit, Washington and the Giants?

Its okay to bash him when he plays bad, should be okay to bash him when he plays good.

This is chicago, we treat our starting QB's like dirty strippers.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Its okay to bash him when he plays bad, should be okay to bash him when he plays good.

This is chicago, we treat our starting QB's like dirty strippers.

I‘m just trying to figure out which games don’t count. I know last year Tampa Bay didn’t happen.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This isn’t rocket science this team is built to win with a qb on a rookie deal and with our low draft capital and half the league needing a qb we are stuck with him regardless cause no top tier qb is dropping out of the first

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch has been good the past few games. This isn't an all of a sudden thing.

Past 4 to 5 games he has been making deep reads into plays.

Last night it just happened to be against a good defense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even before these last few games, there was no way the Bear weren't going to exercise the option. The question was always what else they were going to do and still is. In either scenario, it would have been stupid to not bring him back for $4m.
This topic isn't going to get much traction because there's little to discuss beyond his play. He's finally willing to make deep ball mistakes and leave the pocket again. It's what's needed to learn a proper risk, reward ratio. Don't know if it was the shoulder or a mindset to stay at home and read but it was a relief to see him take off when appropriate yesterday. I've been saying I dislike picks less than the next guy but they have to be right kind. He's fooled us before but it looks like he's getting there.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he wasn’t good against Detroit, Washington and the Giants?

I won't get into the details of those games, but...

Notice how much better everyone feels with competent QB play. For weeks people have been moaning about a massive overhaul on offense. I've always maintained this team just needs competent QB play to win, whether it's Mitch or someone else.

I've been told multiple times "no QB can win with this oline, if you bring in someone else you'll have the same problems."

What do you know? Mitch played a good game and we won easily. And no, it wasn't just his running. He was throwing much better last night. He was confident and seeing the field.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Notice how much better everyone feels with competent QB play. For weeks people have been moaning about a massive overhaul on offense. I've always maintained this team just needs competent QB play to win, whether it's Mitch or someone else.

I've been told multiple times "no QB can win with this oline, if you bring in someone else you'll have the same problems."

What do you know? Mitch played a good game and we won easily. And no, it wasn't just his running. He was throwing much better last night. He was confident and seeing the field.

I would not go into the details of those games either if I were trying to suggest he’s played one good game this year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not go into the details of those games either if I were trying to suggest he’s played one good game this year.

I'm not suggesting. He's played like a backup all season long and the stats back that up.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match over a few games when he's looked like shit all year outside of last night.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don't think those others were good games. They were just ok.

BUT....stringing together a GOOD/GREAT game along with those ok games is something new, and is encouraging.

Let's see if he can do it against better competition now...

msadows

Liked Posts:

Well guess what happened the minute the oline started playing better?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Many fans already were packing his bags.....
The fans control who gets re-signed?

If anyone thought Pace wouldn't have his 1st rnd pick back, wake the fuck up. There's no way he would cut bait on MT...admitting a busted pick. He will ride that horse till the last moment, see Kevin White rinse repeat.