Mitch will more than likely get the 5th year option

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fans control who gets re-signed?

If anyone thought Pace wouldn't have his 1st rnd pick back, wake the fuck up. There's no way he would cut bait on MT...admitting a busted pick. He will ride that horse till the last moment, see Kevin White rinse repeat.

Only when they play Madden.

Twitter blue check marks have been abuzz the past two months with who the Bears will pick up at QB.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm not suggesting. He's played like a backup all season long and the stats back that up.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match over a few games when he's looked like shit all year outside of last night.

He played like shit last week?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Well guess what happened the minute the oline started playing better?

Just overall better playcalling and execution. When the Bears Tight End broke one for 30+ yards on that screen when the Cowboys were in an all out blitz it slowed their blitz down. Mitch was also burning the Cowboys aggressive rush with his runs.

HUGE GAME vs. PACKERS. Not only for the standings but that Packer DB who was talking trash about Mitch in the postgame in week 1 of how "we just wanted Mitch to play the position of QB and knew we had a chance.." You say that on live TV it's the ultimate disrespect for a professional athlete playing the position of QB.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mitch has 4 games this season in which he’s thrown for 3 TDs with a rating of 115 or better (all wins) but he’s only played one good game all season? I’m confused.

@halftime please clear this up for me!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if some members (mostly dum dums) don't believe so, or have a vendetta against it. I mean there are people on here who still don't believe Mitch starts a game next year.

The option is only guaranteed against injury, and the Bears have until May of 2021 to cut him.

We can do the same with floyd this year. If the Bears decide they do not want to retain his shitty, mediocre services, Bears can cut him by May and not take a cap hit.

So before some of you flip out, just letting all of you know.

You will most likely get mad for the 5th time today by noon o'clock.

Baby bitch.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm not suggesting. He's played like a backup all season long and the stats back that up.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match over a few games when he's looked like shit all year outside of last night.
Passer rating over 115 in 4 of 12 games, 70.1 or below in 6 of 12. He has been more inconsistent than just bad. But as is well documented, I feel that falls much more on his HC than him. I care not, as long as Nagy/Mitch can, make good Mitch show up with greater consistency.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Mitch has 4 games this season in which he’s thrown for 3 TDs with a rating of 115 or better (all wins) but he’s only played one good game all season? I’m confused.

@halftime please clear this up for me!

Okay, Mitch has played good in 3 games outta 13.

Congratulations on winning that argument.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For me it depends on what the franchise tag climbs to.

24 million for the option
29 million for the tag

Is it worth risking 24 to potentially save 5.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Facts:

1. Mitch is ascending.
2. For the year, he's got a 2:1 TD-INT ratio (Same as last year) and his rating is 86.9 which is BELOW his career average rating of 87.4.
3. He has four less fumbles this year than 2018 while being sacked more.
3. Fans and Bears brass need to see more.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So he wasn’t good against Detroit, Washington and the Giants?

He's always been good against lower competition. The reason this one is more satisfying is because it was against a top ten defense. Much like Tampa last year where now we've seen he can at least do it, so there's hope that he's progressing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well guess what happened the minute the oline started playing better?

His stats when keep clean have actually declined. OL has very little to do with it. What has improved are his numbers when pressured. More to do with his running and making more plays on the move than early in season.

coolio

Liked Posts:
It all started with the rams game. But I don't see the reason to pick up his option, if he plays like usual self for atleast 2 of these 3 next games then what? Why couldn't we just bid for his services if Pace really wanted to keep him? You're telling me someone is going to give pay him more than 24 million a year?

Are we supposed to just forget about all the other games where he didn't play well? What if he gets hurt scrambling like he has before this game* and last season?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Okay, Mitch has played good in 3 games outta 13.

Congratulations on winning that argument.

Which of the 4 performances was the bad one so I can make sure it is on the ledger in the lousy column?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Instead of focusing on specific games, review post #31. Mitch is playing at his career average. Need to simply see more to know which was this is going to go. These three games are larger than the playoff implications IMO.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't we seen this movie before? Trubisky has played pretty well the last three games in the easiest stretch of the schedule (ironically since being benched - whoops I mean hurting his hip). He has also made some blunders that reminded us why we are uneasy with extending his contract - last night's interception thrown to two defenders about 15 yards away from the nearest receiver for example.

Without burning a high pick or overpaying a vet, what the hell is wrong with having some competition next year? Imagine him having to put the game on his back or at least play mistake-free to beat a team like Baltimore or San Francisco. Think he could do it?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Even before these last few games, there was no way the Bear weren't going to exercise the option. The question was always what else they were going to do and still is. In either scenario, it would have been stupid to not bring him back for $4m.
This topic isn't going to get much traction because there's little to discuss beyond his play. He's finally willing to make deep ball mistakes and leave the pocket again. It's what's needed to learn a proper risk, reward ratio. Don't know if it was the shoulder or a mindset to stay at home and read but it was a relief to see him take off when appropriate yesterday. I've been saying I dislike picks less than the next guy but they have to be right kind. He's fooled us before but it looks like he's getting there.

This worded weird, you do understand that the 5th year option amount isn't $4m, right?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It all started with the rams game. But I don't see the reason to pick up his option, if he plays like usual self for atleast 2 of these 3 next games then what? Why couldn't we just bid for his services if Pace really wanted to keep him? You're telling me someone is going to give pay him more than 24 million a year?

Are we supposed to just forget about all the other games where he didn't play well? What if he gets hurt scrambling like he has before this game* and last season?

LOL what? Of course they should pick up his option.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This worded weird, you do understand that the 5th year option amount isn't $4m, right?
Ya, fucked up. Didn't realize they had to decide on 2021 options by the middle of April. If he plays similar to the last few games, I do it but I do but I still bring in some young blood.

Last edited: