Mitch will more than likely get the 5th year option

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Even if some members (mostly dum dums) don't believe so, or have a vendetta against it. I mean there are people on here who still don't believe Mitch starts a game next year.

The option is only guaranteed against injury, and the Bears have until May of 2021 to cut him.

We can do the same with floyd this year. If the Bears decide they do not want to retain his shitty, mediocre services, Bears can cut him by May and not take a cap hit.

So before some of you flip out, just letting all of you know.

Floyd has been mediocre at best since his first 2 games. He can't close on the QB and stands too tall to slice in and commit to getting sacks. He isn't bladed although he is perfectly built to attack that way as he is rather thin and tall and should possess the leverage to get low and drive through blocks at a solid angle. This means even with those long arms hes unable to make first contact and turn tackles. Is the guy a starter. yes. Is he a quality starter. depends on the talent around him. He's under performing and if anyone needs to step up with the starters out to injuries its this guy.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Haven't we seen this movie before? Trubisky has played pretty well the last three games in the easiest stretch of the schedule (ironically since being benched - whoops I mean hurting his hip). He has also made some blunders that reminded us why we are uneasy with extending his contract - last night's interception thrown to two defenders about 15 yards away from the nearest receiver for example.

Without burning a high pick or overpaying a vet, what the hell is wrong with having some competition next year? Imagine him having to put the game on his back or at least play mistake-free to beat a team like Baltimore or San Francisco. Think he could do it?

No one is saying not to bring in a vet or draft another QB, all this thread about is the fact the bears are def. starting him next year, and they are def picking up the option.

And I don't believe we've seen THIS movie about trubisky. We've seen him play well and bad, we haven't seen the man sink to the depths of ending his career only to come out unscathed and better than ever before. These last two games are more than likely the best of his career. For the first time it seemed like mitch was confident in his abilities and knew the offense was going to fuck that defense up. His guy misses a catch? Gives him a thumbs up and goes back to the same guy right after. Confidence and Charisma go a long way in any aspect in life, but especially sports.

Honestly, what a redemption story if it continues. The guy was a national joke for the last few months. Even the Fox NFL pregame dudes were making jokes about him before the thanksgiving game.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Ya, misspoke but why worry about 2021 now. What I meant is that we only save $4.4M by not keeping him around next year and that's a no braner.

Team has to decide to pick up the option between last game of this year, and May 3 of next year, or it's automatically declined.

You're right that the idea that Mitch should be cut before his 4th season which is almost fully garaunteed is fucking dumb. But that's not what this post is about.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Team has to decide to pick up the option between last game of this year, and May 3 of next year, or it's automatically declined.

You're right that the idea that Mitch should be cut before his 4th season which is fully garaunteed is fucking dumb. But that's not what this post is about.
Ya, caught that before you responded and fixed. Thanks

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Im sure everyone in the NFC north would love for us to pick up his option lmao.

They have to make a decision on that this offseason. It's easily the smart money move, especially considering how he hasn't proven whether or not he's the guy. You do realize the Bears don't have to use him as the starter in the fifth year right? Your scenario of letting his contract run out and bidding on him likely costs them more money, especially against the cap. It's stupid.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It all started with the rams game. But I don't see the reason to pick up his option, if he plays like usual self for atleast 2 of these 3 next games then what? Why couldn't we just bid for his services if Pace really wanted to keep him? You're telling me someone is going to give pay him more than 24 million a year?

Are we supposed to just forget about all the other games where he didn't play well? What if he gets hurt scrambling like he has before this game* and last season?
Do you not understand that the $24M is only guaranteed for injury? If he balls out next year the Bears get him for $24M or have leverage for an extension. If he doesn't you rescind the option before the 5th yr. If he balls out and they don't option him he will get well in excess of $24M. Dak Prescott turned down $30M/yr.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Do you not understand that the $24M is only guaranteed for injury? If he balls out next year the Bears get him for $24M or have leverage for an extension. If he doesn't you rescind the option before the 5th yr. If he balls out and they don't option him he will get well in excess of $24M. Dak Prescott turned down $30M/yr.
Dak May regret that...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Options are only guaranteed for injury...picking it up means little

coolio

Liked Posts:

Just delaying the inevitable really. Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston were higher rated prospects than Mitch ever was, and they're about to be let go next year. If i was a Packers or Vikings fan I would be estatic they're picking up his option. This place was very "ditch mitch" "anti pace" and now one game has completely changed that.

How the bears played last game I believe is putting a bandaid on a much bigger problem. Dallas was not expecting him to run, Packers were and they shut that shit down. They made him play quarterback like teams and have been doing this year and he's gotten exposed. First read not there? he used to take off, and teams picked up on that.

Blame the coaching, blame whoever you want. Nagy can't make him more accurate. We have more evidence that he isn't the guy than opposed to he is, Did he play well ? Yes, does he deserve most of the credit for the win? Yes, but the defense was spectacular as well.

Because what people aren't understanding is Mitch can't do what he did last game every game. Defenses were taking that away from him.

He's not Lamar, people think he can just be Lamar and that's the funniest thing to me. He also has gotten hurt 3 times scrambling so far in 2 seasons. One he dodged a huge bullet.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just delaying the inevitable really. Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston were higher rated prospects than Mitch ever was, and they're about to be let go next year. If i was a Packers or Vikings fan I would be estatic they're picking up his option. This place was very "ditch mitch" "anti pace" and now one game has completely changed that.

How the bears played last game I believe is putting a bandaid on a much bigger problem. Dallas was not expecting him to run, Packers were and they shut that shit down. They made him play quarterback like teams and have been doing this year and he's gotten exposed. First read not there? he used to take off, and teams picked up on that.

Blame the coaching, blame whoever you want. Nagy can't make him more accurate. We have more evidence that he isn't the guy than opposed to he is, Did he play well ? Yes, does he deserve most of the credit for the win? Yes, but the defense was spectacular as well.

Because what people aren't understanding is Mitch can't do what he did last game every game. Defenses were taking that away from him.

He's not Lamar, people think he can just be Lamar and that's the funniest thing to me. He also has gotten hurt 3 times scrambling so far in 2 seasons. One he dodged a huge bullet.
wtf don't you get? this game didn't change anything. The Bears were likely picking the option this year regardless. We just want there to be competition at the QB position. That has not changed yet....at least not IMO. They should still bring in competition but it's not like he was going to be cut at the end of the year. You're acting like it's your money or something or as if they're giving him Goff money when it's far from that.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
He will probably get more time because the guy making that decision put his professional life in the line to draft the guy. However, I continually go back the Mitch has looked good against bad teams. Lions, Giants, and a regressing Team in the Cowboys.

Mitch has yet to look good against a team with a winning record.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So you are saying you wouldn't pick up the 5th page option on this thread?

You've gone this far you're pretty much committed at this point. You have to see where it goes.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Okay, Mitch has played good in 3 games outta 13.

Congratulations on winning that argument.
So he had a rating over 115 and threw 3 TDS in that 4th game, and you claim he played like crap. Which game again? Dork.

Reactions: Myk