Mitchell Trubisky in zone vs man coverage

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This game will be won in the trenches. If the Bears have a running game, they should be able to win

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He'd start here.

I'm not defending Pace's bonehead moves anymore.
He hasn’t played in 6 weeks because of injury, not because somebody is starting over him. I’m assuming you think pace never should have signed Burton though right?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He hasn’t played in 6 weeks because of injury, not because somebody is starting over him. I’m assuming you think pace never should have signed Burton though right?

No. I'm not sure where you're going with that.

I never liked that after several great years with Howard, they dumped him because they signed Mike Davis and were after some unknown 3rd round pick.

We coulda just kept Howard another year to see how good the rookie RB was going to be. But ppl thought he was only worth a 5th or 6th round pick.

Now that he's gone ppl want him to suck to justify Pace's BS moves. I won't do that.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
No. I'm not sure where you're going with that.

I never liked that after several great years with Howard, they dumped him because they signed Mike Davis and were after some unknown 3rd round pick.

We coulda just kept Howard another year to see how good the rookie RB was going to be. But ppl thought he was only worth a 5th or 6th round pick.

Now that he's gone ppl want him to suck to justify Pace's BS moves. I won't do that.
I’m saying Burton produced but got injured and people want to hold pace accountable for that but he got rid of someone whose been injured a good portion of the season and he should have kept that person.

I think Howard is a solid rb, but also had no issue trading him when we did if he wasn’t going to be resigned anyway. We got return on someone who wasn’t in our plans. His value is what someone was willing to offer. There’s probably only 5ish rb’s in the league who are worth a 3rd round pick or above. Rb just isn’t that valued anymore because there are a lot of good ones

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m saying Burton produced but got injured and people want to hold pace accountable for that but he got rid of someone whose been injured a good portion of the season and he should have kept that person.

I think Howard is a solid rb, but also had no issue trading him when we did if he wasn’t going to be resigned anyway. We got return on someone who wasn’t in our plans. His value is what someone was willing to offer. There’s probably only 5ish rb’s in the league who are worth a 3rd round pick or above. Rb just isn’t that valued anymore because there are a lot of good ones

The assumption is if Howard got injured with the Eagles, it would definitely happen if he was on the Bears?

I was told he wasn't "explosive" enough. We got Monty now - no complaints.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The assumption is if Howard got injured with the Eagles, it would definitely happen if he was on the Bears?

I was told he wasn't "explosive" enough. We got Monty now - no complaints.
Yeah it’s probably a bit of a reach, but it is a shoulder issue and he has had shoulder issues before. It appears to be a chronic issue

Grape

Liked Posts:
A lot of this HAS to do with the Bears receivers inability to get open. I'm no Mitch apologist whatsoever, but when stats like these are presented you know your receivers are at fault at least partially.

It's fairly rare for a quarterback seen in as negative a light as Mitch to be better at all against zone than vs. man.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah it’s probably a bit of a reach, but it is a shoulder issue and he has had shoulder issues before. It appears to be a chronic issue

I just have the feeling that between Pace & Nagy were going to be looking for an identity with our running game after getting rid of Howard. Kinda like we've been messing with the kicker position for years.

This will still be a thing the next few years. I hope I'm wrong.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The issue with this run game is not Howard or Montgomery it’s the freaking OL. They’re bad. Pace has been negligent in drafting OL. A great can make pretty much any RB look good. There’s a reason Dallas can plug and play at RB when Zeke is out.