You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed.
Monty plays well=W
Monty plays bad/average=L

It's not so much Monty as it is the lines. If they can run block and slow their pass rush, it'll open the whole offense up. And if the DL can make AR one dimensional with his average (at best) skill position players, maybe the pass rush can get to him.

A huge game for Monty is busting 65 yards.

Howard would be nice right now.

Lololololol. Dipshit, Howard doesnt even average 60yds per game and has roughly the same ypc as the Scott & Sanders on his same team. Hell, Howard barely averages 65yds per game in total yards. Quit being a cunt about Howard.

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weird. Zone is much more difficult to read.

Yeah, Dan Durkin of the Athletic had an article out a couple of weeks ago illustrating why Trubisky plays so well against Matt Patricia and the Lions. Basically, unlike every other team in the NFL, Patricia and the Lions play exclusively man coverage against Trubisky.

Kollmann was actually on ESPN 1000 today talking Trubisky. He had some rather peculiar thoughts. He said that Trubisky cannot beat man coverage because he does not understand leverage. He specifically pointed to Trubisky’s inability to execute a back shoulder pass. I could argue that Trubisky’s back shoulder pass against man coverage is his best throw.

He also said that Trubisky is basically a bust and the Bears should either cut or trade him after the season. He said the likely best scenario for the Bears next season would be to draft Jalen Hurts and sign Andy Dalton.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man coverage has a higher percentage of blitz, and prior season data has shown that Trubisky's completion percentage has a higher drop-off against the blitz than other QBs. I think that's all there is to this stat.

When will you start another thread about signing QB Winston?

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
The problem with the running game is twofold - our line is bad and Nagy is making the running game harder than it needs to be with his complicated blocking schemes. He just needs to play power football— line em up in the i and run it down their throats. Or even single back with zone blocking which would suit Monty’s skillset nicely. But no, he wants to get cute with these rpos and complicated traps. Change the scheme and get the guys to block down hill and watch this running game become more productive.

Reactions: DC

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
A huge game for Monty is busting 65 yards.

Howard would be nice right now.

Call me crazy, but I'd take Monty over Howard 8 days a week. He's younger, cheaper, way more physical and a better receiver. Howard would be terrible behind this line. With a better offensive line I think Monty lights this league up.

Signed,

Crazy (DC)

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, Dan Durkin of the Athletic had an article out a couple of weeks ago illustrating why Trubisky plays so well against Matt Patricia and the Lions. Basically, unlike every other team in the NFL, Patricia and the Lions play exclusively man coverage against Trubisky.

Kollmann was actually on ESPN 1000 today talking Trubisky. He had some rather peculiar thoughts. He said that Trubisky cannot beat man coverage because he does not understand leverage. He specifically pointed to Trubisky’s inability to execute a back shoulder pass. I could argue that Trubisky’s back shoulder pass against man coverage is his best throw.

He also said that Trubisky is basically a bust and the Bears should either cut or trade him after the season. He said the likely best scenario for the Bears next season would be to draft Jalen Hurts and sign Andy Dalton.
I can understand different views because Mitch has some Jekyll and Hyde to his play and confirmation bias is strong in many but we're talking about 2 diametrically opposed views on it by 'experts'. Why I rarely quote them other than to show variability of opinion like you just did. QB evaluation is difficult and especially so in Mitch's case. If he's currently just on a hot streak, it should end today. Will be a very interesting game to watch. I understand crawling before you learn to walk but he should be jogging by now. He can have meh stats in one of these remaining games but he cannot have bad or dumb play for me to have more optimism again.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not so much Monty as it is the lines. If they can run block and slow their pass rush, it'll open the whole offense up. And if the DL can make AR one dimensional with his average (at best) skill position players, maybe the pass rush can get to him.

Lololololol. Dipshit, Howard doesnt even average 60yds per game and has roughly the same ypc as the Scott & Sanders on his same team. Hell, Howard barely averages 65yds per game in total yards. Quit being a cunt about Howard.

Why do you always rupture a blood vessel at the mere mention Howard?

I could have predicted this response.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Call me crazy, but I'd take Monty over Howard 8 days a week. He's younger, cheaper, way more physical and a better receiver. Howard would be terrible behind this line. With a better offensive line I think Monty lights this league up.

Signed,

Crazy (DC)

Same line as last year. Howard doesn't get the same excuse?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He'd start here.

I'm not defending Pace's bonehead moves anymore.

Howard has been out for multiple weeks with a shoulder stinger. I heard a guy that covers the Eagles on XM Friday calling it the longest stinger injury in the history of football.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I like Brett but that is borderline idiotic. Andy Dalton is a less talented version of Trubisky. Hurts will be awful in the NFL. The Bears would have to build a scheme like Baltimore’s for him to have a chance. As a runner, he’s no Jackson. As a passer, no thank you...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

All this profanity & name calling.

Let's Let's not forget we argued about a Howard fumble last year and I called you a (drama) queen and you reported me to the mods for homophobic comments.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

You can’t see the difference in the play of the line year over year? Also, it’s not the same line as last year. Plus, they just recently changed Daniel and Whitehair back to their old positions.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard has been out for multiple weeks with a shoulder stinger. I heard a guy that covers the Eagles on XM Friday calling it the longest stinger injury in the history of football.

Who would you rather have had this year?

Mike Davis or Jordan Howard?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can’t see the difference in the play of the line year over year? Also, it’s not the same line as last year. Plus, they just recently changed Daniel and Whitehair back to their old positions.

Meatballs. Special person meatballs that think JHow is some kind of cure all even though he's now become oft-injured (and with the same stats as all the other RB's on his team) and even Keyshawn Johnson was saying he wasnt athletic or explosive enough on MNF last week. Lulz

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All this profanity & name calling.

Let's Let's not forget we argued about a Howard fumble last year and I called you a (drama) queen and you reported me to the mods for homophobic comments.

Ok boomer

mecha

Liked Posts:
remember when Howard's entire arm was about to fall off and he willed his way to beating the Steelers?

the Chicago Bears were the 2017 AFC North champions y'all. (what an abortion of a season)

I'd wish him well, but fuck the Eagles.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meatballs. Special person meatballs that think JHow is some kind of cure all even though he's now become oft-injured (and with the same stats as all the other RB's on his team) and even Keyshawn Johnson was saying he wasnt athletic or explosive enough on MNF last week. Lulz

Breathe.

Mike Davis or Jordan Howard?

Don't have an aneurysm. Your worse than meadows with Howard.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Since entering the league, Howard's yardage decreases around 200yds a year. Last year he ran for 930ish and he's on pace to run for around....700ish. If brittlebones comes back from his stinger that is.