Mitchell Trubisky in zone vs man coverage

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not a boomer. But if you think that wins arguments okay.

I'm sorry you get triggered over Howard.

I'm sorry you get triggered by facts.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can’t see the difference in the play of the line year over year? Also, it’s not the same line as last year. Plus, they just recently changed Daniel and Whitehair back to their old positions.

Howard 0.96 yards before contact last year. Monty 1.27 yards before contact this year.

Howard 2.74 yards after contact last year. Monty 2.33 yards after contact this year.

Line was terrible both years. Fine to prefer Monty. Lets not pretend like the line was great last year.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Howard 0.96 yards before contact last year. Monty 1.27 yards before contact this year.

Howard 2.74 yards after contact last year. Monty 2.33 yards after contact this year.

Line was terrible both years.

Lol. You still dont watch games do you? I think that's become apparent now as I saw in another thread. Love how you ignore the outliers.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears meatballs-- I wish we had a RB that can't play thru a stinger but then talk about how great he is breaking thru contact.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Ok boomer

Here, I'll just put you on ignore (timeout) with Punky Porkstacker. Good company for you.

My advice is to not put so much stock in football opinions. You're getting mad because you know ppl have a point about Howard and you were wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol. You still dont watch games do you? I think that's become apparent now as I saw in another thread. Love how you ignore the outliers.

What outliers? Are you pretending the Bears line was good last year? Their grade for run blocking was 59 last year and 54 this year.

Last year based on watching the games several people including myself noted the issues with the run game had more to do with the line and scheme than Howard. You seem upset that the data backs us up.

Howards yards after contact has exceeded Monty's every year he has played in NFL. I am not advocating Howard over Monty. I am advocating people stop lying and pretending Howard didnt face some of the same blocking issues as Monty this year. There isnt an independent measure of blocking that supports the idea that the Bears line was good last year.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What outliers. Are you pretending the Bears line was good last year? Their grade for run blocking was 59 last year and 54 this year.

Last year based on watching the games several people including myself noted the issues with thr run game had more to do with the line than Howard. You seem upset that the data backs us up.

You dont watch the games, that's now a fact. So the run blocking is worse this year(by your own admission)? Good stuff. Keep pining for an injured RB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You dont watch the games, that's now a fact. So the run blocking is worse this year(by your own admission)? Good stuff. Keep pining for an injured RB.

Umm meadows who is also a Howard hater claiming I dont watch the games is not a fact. The fact you are repeating that lie instead of making a logical rebuttal is telling.

59 vs 54 is pretty much the same. Further the higher grade is because they blocked better for Cohen. Cohen's yards before contact was 2.25 last year compared with 0.96 for Howard. It has dropped to 1.32 this year which is basically identical to Monty's 1.27

So last year there was huge difference between yards before contact between Cohen and Howard. This year the yards before contact with Cohen and Monty is similar. That explains the slight uptick in blocking but that doesnt help Howard. In fact remove Cohen from the equation and the OL blocked worse for Howard most likely because Nagy prefers more gap blocking which doesnt suit Howard.

So my argument fits the data. Yours does not so you have to resort to parroting meadows dumb lies. Also not pining for Howard. Long term I have no problem with Monty. Preferring Monty doesnt make it ok to lie about the situation last year and at this point I can only conclude you are lying because you have been given the data and can only respond with I dont watch football which is absurd. I expect this from meadows but you are better than this.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard if he were going to play every down. Mike Davis otherwise.

I know it was hyperbolic for me to say Howard would start. But anyone who thinks the Davis move needed to be done is being dishonest and being a Pace fluffer.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here, I'll just put you on ignore (timeout) with Punky Porkstacker. Good company for you.

My advice is to not put so much stock in football opinions. You're getting mad because you know ppl have a point about Howard and you were wrong.

So fragile

iu

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Umm meadows who is also a Howard hater claiming I dont watch the games is not a fact. The fact you are repeating that lie instead of making a logical rebuttal is telling.

59 vs 54 is pretty much the same. Further the higher grade is because they blocked better for Cohen. Cohen's yards before contact was 2.25 last year compared with 0.96 for Howard. It has dropped to 1.32 this year which is basically identical to Monty's 1.27

So last year there was huge difference between yards before contact between Cohen and Howard. This year the yards before contact with Cohen and Monty is similar. That explains the slight uptick in blocking but that doesnt help Howard. In fact remove Cohen from the equation and the OL blocked worse for Howard most likely because Nagy prefers more gap blocking which doesnt suit Howard.

So my argument fits the data. Yours does not so you have to resort to parroting meadows dumb lies. Also not pining for Howard. Long term I have no problem with Monty. Preferring Monty doesnt make it ok to lie about the situation last year and at this point I can only conclude you are lying because you have been given the data and can only respond with I dont watch football which is absurd. I expect this from meadows but you are better than this.

Howard was a very good RB.. If he could also catch the ball when he played for the bears then he would still be here.
Nagy wanted a RB who could run and also be a threat in the passing game.. Howard did not fit that bill. That is why he is gone

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Howard was a very good RB.. If he could also catch the ball when he played for the bears then he would still be here.
Nagy wanted a RB who could run and also be a threat in the passing game.. Howard did not fit that bill. That is why he is gone

I am aware. Just saying no need to lie and pretend he got good blocking last year. He did not.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard if he were going to play every down. Mike Davis otherwise.

That's the problem. Howard isnt an every down player and never will be. He's a liability in the passing game as he offers little value.

@remydat I will get back to you after my fatass leaves the gym

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Line was terrible both years. Fine to prefer Monty. Lets not pretend like the line was great last year.
Howard had to deal with the same issues as Monty, I agree with that.

However, the stat on yards after contact is surprising. It seems to me that Monty almost always picks up yards after being hit, that's something that has stood out to me.