Mitchell Trubisky in zone vs man coverage

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Lol. You still dont watch games do you? I think that's become apparent now as I saw in another thread. Love how you ignore the outliers.
I think we have focused on the line's poor play this year due to Trubisky's struggles. It's brought our attention to the line, and so that may be distorting your perception (not trying to be an ass).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Howard had to deal with the same issues as Monty, I agree with that.

However, the stat on yards after contact is surprising. It seems to me that Monty almost always picks up yards after being hit, that's something that has stood out to me.

Monty tends to spin on move laterally on contact before then going forward. Howard by contrast tended to just keep moving forward.

To use an example, Howard may have 3 carries where he has 3.5, 2.25 and 2.5 yards adter carry for his roughly 2.74 average. Monty by contrast may have 4, 3, 0.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same line as last year. Howard doesn't get the same excuse?
I have no statistics but the line this year is atrocious and it's painfully obvious. Eye test on both that and Monty.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This might be the first time a QB thread gets derailed to talk about the rb position. Usually they get derailed to talk about the QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This might be the first time a QB thread gets derailed to talk about the rb position. Usually they get derailed to talk about the QB.

Usually they get derailed to talk about other QB's that Pace missed on. Prescott, Watson, Mahomes....

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am beginning to believe that Trubisky will eventually end up as a quality starter in the NFL- a la Ryan Tannehill. The question is, will it be with the Bears or with another team down the line. Just as Ryan Tannehill needed a change of scenery to finally start playing well consistently (well, as consistently as the last 7 games would indicate), maybe that's what Trubisky needs as well. Who knows, maybe he lights it up from here on out to lead the Bears into the playoffs. One thing's for certain: the guy is a leader and he's well liked by his teammates. On the right team with a strong o-line, running game, and defense, he plays well enough to win. The problem with the Bears early on, is he didn't play well enough to overcome not having 1 or 2.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Breathe.

Mike Davis or Jordan Howard?

Don't have an aneurysm. Your worse than meadows with Howard.

Do you really think Howard would have made a difference over Montgomery this season?

Big picture moving forward I'll take Montgomery.