Monday Night agains the Skins - classic trap game

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everyone thinks this is the game that Mitch and the offence BOUNCES BACK big time (and I'm one of them) but for the past few weeks I have also been looking at this matchup as a prototypical "trap game" where Nagy decides to try out his latest creations on a bad defense and it backfires, big time.

The Redskins are also so downtrodden already so early in the season, I could see them playing dirty and trying to ACL Mitchell.

Hell some rookie scrub on special teams could try to rekt the piss out of the new kicker, one of the few things going well for the Bears besides the defense.

As much as I want to believe in a huge BOUNCE BACK for mitch, I'm having bad feeling about him getting a season ender on some bootleg because Nagy has him overconfident for this matchup.

Whatever happens I am SUPER PUMPED FOR SOME MNF and its ONLY THURSDAY!

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everyone thinks this is the game that Mitch and the offence BOUNCES BACK big time (and I'm one of them) but for the past few weeks I have also been looking at this matchup as a prototypical "trap game" where Nagy decides to try out his latest creations on a bad defense and it backfires, big time.

The Redskins are also so downtrodden already so early in the season, I could see them playing dirty and trying to ACL Mitchell.

Hell some rookie scrub on special teams could try to rekt the piss out of the new kicker, one of the few things going well for the Bears besides the defense.

As much as I want to believe in a huge BOUNCE BACK for mitch, I'm having bad feeling about him getting a season ender on some bootleg because Nagy has him overconfident for this matchup.

Whatever happens I am SUPER PUMPED FOR SOME MNF and its ONLY THURSDAY!

Are you having CHICKEN on Monday?

Fun Fact(s): The Bears have lost their last seven straight games against the Redskins. The Redskins have lost their last seven straight games on Monday Night Football.

Someone has to suck worse, but who?!?!?!?

*whomst

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears have yet to create a lot of turnovers on defense. Hopefully this is the game, creating a shorter field for the offense. Against the Broncos, it seemed the Bears were always backed up on offense.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I need to get down with a serious cook on Monday.

If we are going to lose I at least want to eat food and get good and drunk.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Bears last win vs the Redskins was 2003 in Grossman's first game.

Only 2 teams have the Bears gone longer without a win against. The Patriots in 2000 and the Texans who they never beat. Patriots have won 5 in a row and the Texans 4.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hmmm..I always looked at trap games as the team that has been playing really good, has a big let down against a bad team.
So where do we fall in this?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
-I don’t expect the offense to bounce back in a big way. I expect them to bounce back in a small way. This offense isn’t good. But this week is against a bad D. Hence a good, not great, day for the O.

-The fans might be overlooking the Redskins, but the players and coaches aren’t. That I can guaran-fucking-tee you.

The Bears could very easily lose this game. The Redskins O can put up points. Although I do think the Bears will win, I think it’ll be close. And it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Bears’ O unable to keep up with the Skins’ offense.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I ready with the #calledit that this is mitch’s Official bounce back game.

I think this time he bounces back from failing to bounce back and he even gets the offense into the end zone for a TD.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are not losing to Washington.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Does DSM pop his 20-40 yard completion cherry? And with whom will his virginity be given up?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Case Keenum 56-81 69.1% 601 yards 5 TD's 0 picks rating 111.2
mole eye Mitch 42-72 58.3% 348 yards 0 TD's 1 pick rating 58

I'm hoping Washington is overconfident and it's a trap game for them.