Monday Night agains the Skins - classic trap game

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Against the Broncos, it seemed the Bears were always backed up on offense.
Because Cohen fair catches most of the time, or lets it go over his head

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Washington has played admirably against two top NFC teams. Meanwhile our offense has struggled to get anything going. We shouldnt be overlooking Washington or really any team at this point (well maybe if we played the dolphins, but no one else)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fun Fact(s): The Bears have lost their last seven straight games against the Redskins. The Redskins have lost their last seven straight games on Monday Night Football.

Someone has to suck worse, but who?!?!?!?
The old timer sports bettors used to refer to Monday Night as "opposite night." Go against the obvious. If that helps.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lol OP doesn’t know what a trap game means!

LOL, yeah turns out you don't know.

"a trap game is a game in which a stronger team faces a seemingly weak team the week before facing a formidable opponent."

It's okay to be wrong but opposite is just embarrassing for you. Be ashamed.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not a trap game but plenty of reason to be concern, AP is legit vs the Bears, Case needs to show up for the redskins at QB, Josh Norman needs to play like his paycheck,..i'm done, i fucking hate thinkin' like this.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Cohen is easily the most overrated player on this team.

He has played poorly this year for his standards. He’s dropped three passes for and a run for potential big plays for this offense. He needs to be more involved in the run game to set him up in the pass game. Having him play wr isn’t working right now. He scares teams when he’s lined up in the backfield but hasn’t been lined up there for more than a few plays a game.

Outside of Miami no teams are an easy win in the nfl, especially; when your team isn’t balanced on offense and defense. We also could use a big play on special teams outside of pineiro who has been awesome!

We need to win this game and we really could use a game in where the offense gets us a lead to help the defense out and hopefully allow them to tee off on keenum

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Case Keenum 56-81 69.1% 601 yards 5 TD's 0 picks rating 111.2
mole eye Mitch 42-72 58.3% 348 yards 0 TD's 1 pick rating 58

I'm hoping Washington is overconfident and it's a trap game for them.

Regression to the mean is coming shortly for Keenum.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
LOL, yeah turns out you don't know.

"a trap game is a game in which a stronger team faces a seemingly weak team the week before facing a formidable opponent."

It's okay to be wrong but opposite is just embarrassing for you. Be ashamed.

So please explain how I’m wrong in relation to the Bears and their schedule?

Opposite? GTFO

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone thinks this is the game that Mitch and the offence BOUNCES BACK big time (and I'm one of them) but for the past few weeks I have also been looking at this matchup as a prototypical "trap game" where Nagy decides to try out his latest creations on a bad defense and it backfires, big time.

The Redskins are also so downtrodden already so early in the season, I could see them playing dirty and trying to ACL Mitchell.

Hell some rookie scrub on special teams could try to rekt the piss out of the new kicker, one of the few things going well for the Bears besides the defense.

As much as I want to believe in a huge BOUNCE BACK for mitch, I'm having bad feeling about him getting a season ender on some bootleg because Nagy has him overconfident for this matchup.

Whatever happens I am SUPER PUMPED FOR SOME MNF and its ONLY THURSDAY!
Don't see how Mitch could be overconfident about anything at this point.

Mitch had a lot of value added last year with his pocket avoidance and keeping a lot of plays alive that other QBs wouldn't that's been schemed against this year and he's also trying to stay in the pocket more. That value added is effectively nullified and he'll need to read and throw better to if he's going to become a franchise QB. He started out almost a year behind other QBs out of college but that doesn't allow for a sophomore slump in his 3rd year.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have a chance to win 5 in a row here....

I think the Bears defense is going to be too much for Washington and the offense will find enough life.

I see CRM has bookmarked my one prediction..........

I guess he doesn't remember his countless failed game predictions last year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think the biggest concern for Monday night is the realization this offense is not that good. Redskins have a horrid defense. Allen might be their biggest name and he has a knee issue.

I always liked Jon Bostic, we will see him hitting our bears on a consistent basis.

But trap game or reality biting will be happening Monday night. Should be a 49-0 bear victory on paper.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
He scares teams when he’s lined up in the backfield but hasn’t been lined up there for more than a few plays a game.

I'm sorry, but Cohen doesn't "scare" anyone. Has he even had a 100 yard game in his career?

Teams are scared of backs like Alvin Kamara, not Tarik Cohen.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
bears only favored by 4... Not a trap game

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He has played poorly this year for his standards. He’s dropped three passes for and a run for potential big plays for this offense. He needs to be more involved in the run game to set him up in the pass game. Having him play wr isn’t working right now. He scares teams when he’s lined up in the backfield but hasn’t been lined up there for more than a few plays a game.

Outside of Miami no teams are an easy win in the nfl, especially; when your team isn’t balanced on offense and defense. We also could use a big play on special teams outside of pineiro who has been awesome!

We need to win this game and we really could use a game in where the offense gets us a lead to help the defense out and hopefully allow them to tee off on keenum

Cohen is a gadget player. He's fast and shifty, but that's it. The Bears use him way too much to the detriment of the team, and they tend to use him incorrectly. He doesn't like to get hit, so you have to get him out in open space and create mismatches, otherwise he just runs horizontally and has entertaining two yard gains.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So please explain how I’m wrong in relation to the Bears and their schedule?

Opposite? GTFO

You don't understand what the definition of a trap game is, I'm just trying to help.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Lol OP doesn’t know what a trap game means!

that's what I meant in one of my last posts about people don't really want to talk football here. it's all buzzwords to fuck with people.

no, this is not a trap game. a trap game would imply there are high expectations of the team to win and due to certain circumstances they don't. when the offense is good for a singular touchdown a game or less, I wouldn't say any game is a trap; they'll be lucky to go 4-12 like that one fellow said about a week ago and everyone shit on them for it. I wouldn't say it's an unreasonable expectation, really, no matter how elite the defense is.

but keep talking about how they're better now than 2006. 2006's defense would singlehandedly win games in spite of the offense. ponder that.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
that's what I meant in one of my last posts about people don't really want to talk football here. it's all buzzwords to fuck with people.

no, this is not a trap game. a trap game would imply there are high expectations of the team to win and due to certain circumstances they don't. when the offense is good for a singular touchdown a game or less, I wouldn't say any game is a trap; they'll be lucky to go 4-12 like that one fellow said about a week ago and everyone shit on them for it. I wouldn't say it's an unreasonable expectation, really, no matter how elite the defense is.

but keep talking about how they're better now than 2006. 2006's defense would singlehandedly win games in spite of the offense. ponder that.

Feels more like 05 than 06.

Personally, I expect the bears to curb stomp the skins which will lead to everyone feeling great about this team getting back on track....
only to have it crash and burn the next week.

This will be the week for all the trubs fan boys to crow.