More Coaching Staff Hires

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 46s47 seconds ago

#Bears hire Dowell Loggains QBs and Glenn Pires LBs as position coaches.

dan durkin ‏@djdurkin 3m3 minutes ago

The #Bears have reached an agreement with Dowell Loggains (quarterbacks) and Glenn Pires (linebackers) to join their coaching staff,

UPDATE...............................................

Just to keep everyone updated:

Bears add Bo Hardegree to coaching staff

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...cagobears&id=4697095&city=chicago&src=desktop

I'm still trying to chase down any info if he was once in the same room as Cutler. That would be a deal breaker.

.UPDATE.................................................

Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 4m4 minutes ago

#Bears have reached agreement with Jay Rodgers to become their defensive line coach. Rodgers spent last 3 years in same role w/ Broncos.

Last edited:

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Old Story

Source: Dowell Loggains on Bears radar

Jon Greenberg [ARCHIVE]
ESPNChicago.com | January 6, 2012

CHICAGO -- Tennessee Titans quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator Dowell Loggains is emerging as a candidate for a similar position with the Chicago Bears, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Loggains is being touted by Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, and Bears coach Lovie Smith has been making calls inquiring about the 31-year-old coach, according to the source.

While Tennessee might not let Loggains leave for a lateral move while he's under contract, Loggains would be interested in the move because he has a strong, personal relationship with Cutler. Cutler wanted Loggains for the position two years ago, after Pep Hamilton was fired, but former offensive coordinator Mike Martz brought in Shane Day. Martz and Day parted ways with the Bears on Tuesday.

Cutler never had a strong relationship with Day, and was often seen yelling at him on the sidelines.

With run-heavy Mike Tice taking over the offensive coordinator position, it would make sense to bring in a coach who has a good relationship with the team's franchise player. A source said Loggains wouldn't be afraid to challenge Cutler, which the quarterback welcomes.

But Tice, who plans do the play-calling during games, is pushing for Dirk Koetter, with whom he worked in Jacksonville. Koetter was the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach with the Jaguars. With no head coach in Jacksonville, his status there is unresolved.

Loggains isn't a big name around the league, but he is highly respected in Tennessee. The former Arkansas quarterback just finished his second season as Titans quarterbacks coach, and his fourth with the team.

He was an administrative assistant with the team when Cutler was coming out of Vanderbilt, and pushed hard for the quarterback over Vince Young.

Working with Loggains this past season, Matt Hasselbeck completed 61.6 percent of his passes for 3,571 yards in his first season with the Titans. Tennessee finished 9-7 in Mike Munchak's first season as head coach.

According to a source in Tennessee, Loggains is highly regarded among the Titans coaching staff for his intelligence and ability to get along with players.

The source called Loggains a "great guy, very smart, an up-and-coming guy."

But he added that, "Munchak loves [Loggains]. I don't see him letting him out of his contract unless [it's] a play calling coordinator's job. No chance they will get Loggains as just the QB coach."

So it appears the Bears might have a better shot at landing Koetter, considering Jacksonville is under new ownership and searching for a new coach. Also, Koetter's contract expires in February.

A potential roadblock to landing Koetter is he'll likely be a hot commodity as an offensive coordinator. According to a source, if Mike Mularkey -- thought of as a leading candidate for the Jacksonville opening -- lands the Jaguars' job, the Falcons will go after Koetter as Mularkey's replacement.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah, I see Cutler listening to this guy.

Dowell-Loggains-Tennessee-Titans-e1354038475525.jpg

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears add Dowell Loggains, Glenn Pires
Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2015, 9:03 PM EST
Loggains AP

Dowell Loggains has traded one underachieving pupil for another.

The former Browns quarterbacks coach has been hired for the same position in Chicago, which means that Loggains will shift from Johnny Football to Jay(ke) Cutler.

Loggains previously served as offensive coordinator and, before that, quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator in Tennessee. He spent eight years with the Titans.

Glenn Pires also arrives as linebackers coach, after seven years in that same position with the Falcons.

The Bears announced both moves on Friday night as the latest two additions to John Fox’s staff.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/23/bears-add-loggains-pires/

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
We may have missed out on fupa, but we now got a guy with moobs

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still need DL coach. one 4 most important coaches Fox will hire. I wonder who he has in mind.

malcore

Still need DL coach. one 4 most important coaches Fox will hire. I wonder who he has in mind.

Pasqualoni still here. Maybe Fox likes him, as it was the one area on D that improved a bit. Groh still here as WR coach.

ChicagoBearsFanInNC

Liked Posts:
Pasqualoni still here. Maybe Fox likes him, as it was the one area on D that improved a bit. Groh still here as WR coach.

... and Skipp Peete! Interesting connection, Fox coached his brother (Rodney) in Carolina in 2002-2003. Peete was benched for Delhomme during their 24-23 week 1 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

ChicagoBearsFanInNC

Liked Posts:
Good point! But I would have thought that they would be informed of their departure just like they did with Herring and Clark. I know they did try and replace Groh, however.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am liking all of these moves so far. Good shit.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point! But I would have thought that they would be informed of their departure just like they did with Herring and Clark. I know they did try and replace Groh, however.

The reason they aren't being released is because if a team wants one of Bears current coaches that are still under contact, that team has to take on the contract, aka bears are out of that contract. When we release a coach that is still under contact, Bears still have to pay their contract.