More new Assistants

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 1m1 minute ago

#Bears reach agreement with Frank Smith to become their tight ends coach. Smith spent last 5 seasons with Saints as offensive assistant.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 46s47 seconds ago

#Bears hire Frank Smith as TE coach. He was an offensive assistant in New Orleans last 5 seasons.

.........................................................................................

Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 51s51 seconds ago

#Bears also hire Jason George as strength & conditioning coach. He spent last 3 seasons working for John Fox w/ Broncos.
0 replies 26 retweets 27 favorites

malcore

Still have Matt Cavanaugh as QB coach, Paul Pasqualoni as D line coach, and Mike Groh as WR coach, as well as Chris Harris, Skip Pete, and Pat Meyer. Meyer was the O line coach last year. Even though Dave Magazu was hired as O line coach, Meyer has not yet been released.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Frank Smith appears to have spent his time as an offensive assistant working with the O-line so he has a blocking coaching history. At least it's a non-bronco for some of the :X people

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
The Saint-cago Broncos. hmmmm

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
Is Hoke out? Sorry, trying to keep track...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
^Srsly

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Yes, Hoke is out.

Also, Matt Cavanaugh is out as well. His contract expired after the season so they don't have to fire him.

Cavanaugh didn't impress me. Hoke should of been fired his secondary sucked so bad.

malcore

Yes, Hoke is out.

Also, Matt Cavanaugh is out as well. His contract expired after the season so they don't have to fire him.

I forgot that about Cavanaugh. I was going off the coach listings on the Bears site. They seem to update the new hires quickly, but not those who are gone.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Both Brady Hoke and Jon Hoke should be kept away from any respectable football teams. Terrible coaches. Don't understand the love for Jon.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Both Brady Hoke and Jon Hoke should be kept away from any respectable football teams. Terrible coaches. Don't understand the love for Jon.

Because the cornerback play under him where he was developing well.. Jennings was nothing before working under him, McManis surprisingly developed to look like he can be good backup material, Bowman was meh but had flashes and he it did with guys like Daunte Robinson in Houston as well. Sure the safeties never could stick to playing well but under Lovie at least Gil Byrd was the main safety coach specifically opposed to the last 2 years how it broke down is more of a mystery.

I don't get why some would be so convinced to think Jon is a bad coach, I've seen someone argue because Jennings sucked this year... which literally makes no sense to blame the consistently same coach for 1 bad year after 3 good years.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Because the cornerback play under him where he was developing well.. Jennings was nothing before working under him, McManis surprisingly developed to look like he can be good backup material, Bowman was meh but had flashes and he it did with guys like Daunte Robinson in Houston as well. Sure the safeties never could stick to playing well but under Lovie at least Gil Byrd was the main safety coach specifically opposed to the last 2 years how it broke down is more of a mystery.

I don't get why some would be so convinced to think Jon is a bad coach, I've seen someone argue because Jennings sucked this year... which literally makes no sense to blame the consistently same coach for 1 bad year after 3 good years.

Realistically, the only good corner who's had more than two good seasons has been Tillman. Tillman has been here well before Hoke. Tillman is a reason why Jennings played well. Playing opposite of Tillman had its perks. More quarterbacks tested Jennings then Tillman. I don't respect Hoke at all. If we had any safety who flourished under him I might give him a bit of credit. We haven't had one. McManis had a few decent plays. He's not an all star nor ever will be. Let's get real. Hoke was a joke.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
If he was half as good as you guys say he'd still have a job or be interviewing for a defensive coordinator job. He sucks.

malcore

If he was half as good as you guys say he'd still have a job or be interviewing for a defensive coordinator job. He sucks.

You are really over exaggerating that there is love for Jon Hoke.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
You are really over exaggerating that there is love for Jon Hoke.

I've seen a few posts about him on here I didn't say everybody's in love with him. I'm just saying realistically he sucks.

Mitchapalooza

Jon Hoke does not suck. He's not some all star but he's good. Our corners were doing well before Tucker came here. Blame Tucker not Hoke.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Jon Hoke does not suck. He's not some all star but he's good. Our corners were doing well before Tucker came here. Blame Tucker not Hoke.

And our safeties? How about any other corner besides Tillman and Jennings?