My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Some incredibly insightful football knowledge from King:

“I’m picking a Chiefs-Saints Super Bowl. I’m picking the team that lost the coin toss and never touched the ball in overtime of January’s AFC Championship Game versus the team that got jobbed on the pass-interference non-call in the NFC Championship Game. Let’s call the 54th Super Bowl the Fairness Super Bowl.”

I wonder if he picks horses because they have cute names or likes their number?

The whole Saints were jobbed narrative is unbelievably weak. I seem to remember an egregious non-call on a face mask on Goff that would have set up the Rams with first and goal. It happened right in front of one of the officials.
That doesn’t count in the equation?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blah, nothing new. I think we all know it's on Trubisky, we have a super bowl caliber team surrounding him IF he takes that next step, the so called analysts "experts" will be eating crow, and maybe laptops!
And not a fucking cake this time! An actual laptop!

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
Fellas, we can debate numbers and sustistics till the cows come home. OR, we can just sit back and enjoy the dismantling of our nemisis the cheeseheads. AR is long in the tooth, our team is young and hungry. The stars are about to line up fellas, enjoy it! It's time for Da Bears to FEAST !

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Green Bay over Chicago in the NFC North. I’m betting on Aaron Rodgers, healthy and presumably challenged by Matt LaFleur, over Mitchell Trubisky. The Bears’ defense could be the NFL’s best. I’m still unconvinced about the offense, which averaged 19.5 points in the last six games last year. And heaven knows if they’ll ever find a kicker who can win games. If I’m wrong, it will be because Matt Nagy figures out how to compensate for what Trubisky can’t do.

Trubisky continues, consistently, to be viewed as the achilles heel of an otherwise championship caliber team.

What is it those analysts don't see that the CCS experts do?
It still amazes me how clueless you are in not realizing the difference of mastering a system versus in the process of learning the system. last year he was learning, this causes you to think too much, which in turn causes overthrows, bad throws and bad decisions at times. This year Mitch will be reacting much more instead of having to think which WILL result in much better play. Add that to the fact all of the receivers were in year one of the system. (Anthony Miller ran plenty of routes incorrectly on many of the times Mitch missed him. This is fact. Before you post false information that you claimed I said. Mitch will not be elite this year, maybe never, but he will be right about a Top 10 QB this year. And if these so called experts can't see this then they are just as dumb as you.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's predicting Packers over Bears in the division. He says if he's wrong it will be because Nagy manages to compensate for Trubisky. He said nothing about Trubisky playing better, but the Bears finding a way to win despite him.

If the Bears win because Trubisky was great, he, me, and most people will have to eat their words. Nobody believes in him. I admit I don't.

You might just be one of the few people who can possibly read that quip and interpret it that way. Because he is clearly talking about Trubisky's performance there. Unless you think Matt Nagy is suiting up and putting himself on the roster...

Canth

Liked Posts:
Too add to my earlier post, I remember seeing a clip earlier this week where HOF runningback Terrell Davis picked the Vikings to win this division, Bears in 2nd and he had the Packers dead last. Everyone on set was shocked that he could possibly have the Packers as last even though they have had two losing seasons in a row (granted the one without Rogers most of the year). They did have Rogers last season though and only finished half a game ahead of the Lions. LaFleur had horrible numbers in his offense in Tennessee as the coordinator last year, there was already friction between him and Rogers this offseason, so there are reasons to think the Packers could struggle. But as the season approaches, most of the national guys seem unwilling or unable to question anything about Rogers and his recent stats or the team's recent record.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Know what? Fuck it. ADAM SHAHEEN IS GOING FOR 1000 YARDS TOMORROW AND WILL SINGLE HANDEDLY FORCE ERIN TO RETIRE ON THE SPOT.
That's what's up.

Adam Shaheen's plot to make the NFL bend the knee will commence tomorrow, 3 years in the making baby.

Canth

Liked Posts:
On the Trubisky front, I think one of the fairer evaluations was recently done by Brett Kollmann. He showed where Trubisky needs to improve and pointed out that it seems when Trubisky does less thinking and more just playing, he plays better. So, most of my reasons for optimism about Trubisky stem from him being more familiar with the offense, being healthy, and just going out and playing. It will not be perfect, but I think he builds on what he did last year and is an above average NFL qb - hopefully pushing into that top 10 range.

And just to be clear, I like both Watson and Mahomes as well. I think all 3 of those guys should be very good to elite qb's for years to come in the NFL - as long as they stay healthy (Watson in particular on the concerns with the health front). I think the other thing that is really neat about all 3 of those guys is that in addition to being really good qb's, they all strike me as really good people as well. So, I want all of them to succeed...I just want Trubisky to succeed more with the Bears :).

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
On the Trubisky front, I think one of the fairer evaluations was recently done by Brett Kollmann. He showed where Trubisky needs to improve and pointed out that it seems when Trubisky does less thinking and more just playing, he plays better. So, most of my reasons for optimism about Trubisky stem from him being more familiar with the offense, being healthy, and just going out and playing. It will not be perfect, but I think he builds on what he did last year and is an above average NFL qb - hopefully pushing into that top 10 range.

And just to be clear, I like both Watson and Mahomes as well. I think all 3 of those guys should be very good to elite qb's for years to come in the NFL - as long as they stay healthy (Watson in particular on the concerns with the health front). I think the other thing that is really neat about all 3 of those guys is that in addition to being really good qb's, they all strike me as really good people as well. So, I want all of them to succeed...I just want Trubisky to succeed more with the Bears :).
Post more.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

We need your presence in the game day thread tomorrow.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a MT skeptic, I really do think he could come out gunning tomorrow and rack up a lot of yards. I believe he can be better; I believe he will because he'll understand the offense better.

If he does these things, I will not disparage his numbers with "Nagy got him there," like numerous dipshits here who said Goff isn't even a top ten talent because of McVay.

My biggest concern is the overthrows, and I think we are just going to have to live with those. I don't think he's going to outgrow it. Hopefully, he's able to keep it to a minimum and our defense can get us to a SB.

If Mitch is 20% better and we stay relatively healthy I believe the Bears will represent the NFC. That's 5.5 more TDs and 2.5 less INTs. Doesn't sound like a ton but it's quite a swing when your championship caliber D can keep you close in nearly every single game. I like our chances.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If Mitch is 20% better and we stay relatively healthy I believe the Bears will represent the NFC. That's 5.5 more TDs and 2.5 less INTs. Doesn't sound like a ton but it's quite a swing when your championship caliber D can keep you close in nearly every single game. I like our chances.
That would put him at 29 TDs and 10 picks. Pretty fucking solid if you ask me.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
i gotta agree with @playthrough2001 who in the fuck actually thinks Peter King is more credible than the experts (WITH ACTUAL EXPERIENCE IN THE BUSINESS AND NOT JUST TALKING HEADS) like Kollmann, Riddick, Orlovsky, Jeremiah etc...
Bearmick does because he agrees with his agenda.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I think a big reason is that we watched every game, whereas most national analysts only watched the nationally televised games, and Trubisky had his worst games on national television (most notably the Rams game where he was just coming back from an injured throwing shoulder and played like shit).

I think that the national media is trolling Chicagoland for bait clicks. They will get us to click when they trash the Bears....and we will click when they eat crow. The CBS guy is literally taunting Bear fans, and it has worked because otherwise, nobody would give two craps what they think. They're just doing everything to survive.

Canth

Liked Posts:
From Adam Jahns article on the athletic talking various bets and odds:

"Trubisky was playing very well before he was injured against the Vikings in Week 11. In Weeks 4-10, Trubisky had a 114.83 passer rating, with 1,713 passing yards, 17 touchdown passes and only four interceptions."

So again, I believe there is reason for optimism and growth with Trubisky. Now, I doubt he carries a 114 passer rating for entire season, but he has shown that he can produce in this offense. He just needs to do it more consistently and eliminate more of the wtf throws. If he does, and paired with that defense, then they absolutely make the playoffs and should easily be considered legit Superbowl contenders.