hE6129441

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Chalk it up to a mid life crisis. I generally can anticipate dumb shit other drivers will do pretty well before they do it, I am mature enough to ride within my limits, and I have a bit of offroad experience which might help a tad.

Everyone seems to think hopping on a bike is a death sentence, but I think with the right sized bike, not mixing in alcohol, riding defensively and within your limits, plus having good gear cuts the risks significantly. I'm considering a Suzuki SV650 as my starter road bike, and I'll go from there.

I love the feeling of being on two wheels, and life is too short to be a pussy.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one. Chalk it up to a mid life crisis. I generally can anticipate dumb shit other drivers will do pretty well before they do it, I am mature enough to ride within my limits, and I have a bit of offroad experience which might help a tad.

Everyone seems to think hopping on a bike is a death sentence, but I think with the right sized bike, not mixing in alcohol, riding defensively and within your limits, plus having good gear cuts the risks significantly. I'm considering a Suzuki SV650 as my starter road bike, and I'll go from there.

I love the feeling of being on two wheels, and life is too short to be a pussy.
It is a good time of year to buy.

As long as you keep your head on a swivel riding is pretty damn safe.

Early this year I put leds under my tank and battery cover. Easy as shit to do and it either increased my visibility or people were driving more carefully this summer.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Less than 50 bucks on part and and hour to wire to the battery with a toggle switch under the battery cover20191110_192139.jpg20191110_192117.jpg

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My best friend growing up is a pathologist. Once of the first things he saw in his residency (could have been internship) was a motorcycle wreck victim. They brought victim in two different body bags. I am cool with people who enjoy them but not for me.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My best friend growing up is a pathologist. Once of the first things he saw in his residency (could have been internship) was a motorcycle wreck victim. They brought victim in two different body bags. I am cool with people who enjoy them but not for me.

I get it. It isnt you, it is everyone else you have to worry about. (except for the riders that rip around at 100+ in traffic).

I hedge my bets. I dont ride during rush hour, and take the least populated routes to and from where I am going.
Deer are a bigger danger to me than other drivers.

If I didnt live out in bumblefuck, I doubt I would have one. Riding in traffic is just a pain in the ass. Might as well be sitting in a comfy car.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Got an 09 CBR600RR. I'll probably sell her soon though. Don't ever ride anymore.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Got away with a brain cramp this weekend.
It was nice enough to ride to menards and what I needed was small enough to go in a saddlebag.
Downloaded my insurance card and had it ready, checked tires and lights and off I go.
Got my item from menards and was going to take the long way home... and thought to myself "yo dumbass... did you check the plate sticker?"
I knew the answer was no, and I was equally certain I did not order one last fall.

So that was a quick ride.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
79 Honda CBX. 6 cyl wide 182 mph on radar. Cop was a friend of mine. Said it was the fastest thing that him or his fellow cops ever clocked. Kaw KX500 dirt bike. Damn near killed me. 10 surgeries.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
79 Honda CBX. 6 cyl wide 182 mph on radar. Cop was a friend of mine. Said it was the fastest thing that him or his fellow cops ever clocked. Kaw KX500 dirt bike. Damn near killed me. 10 surgeries.

I don't know if it still holds true and I am too lazy to Google it- but I remember a bit of trivia when I was young that the fastest speeding ticket ever given was 192... you were close.

I cannot be trusted on a crotch rocket. Had one for a couple weeks as a kid and took it back and traded it in for a road king. Things were already out of hand and it would have gotten far worse knowing me.
Probably a very wise choice on my part.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't know if it still holds true and I am too lazy to Google it- but I remember a bit of trivia when I was young that the fastest speeding ticket ever given was 192... you were close.

I cannot be trusted on a crotch rocket. Had one for a couple weeks as a kid and took it back and traded it in for a road king. Things were already out of hand and it would have gotten far worse knowing me.
Probably a very wise choice on my part.
I dont know what the current record is but i know a lot of cops these days wont even chase someone going that fast because of the risk of causing a life threatening accident. Hit the lights for a few seconds. If they don't stop, they're gone anyways.

This thread kind of has me missing my CBR a little bit. I was never into going as fast as i could because i never thought the risk was worth it but i loved a good cruise on a 70 degree day. Its free therapy. Ear buds in and go.