Move Seabrook to Forward? Rockford?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you don't trade Gus,

and KK outperforms Seabrook,

perhaps its time to see how long before Seabrook waives the NMC from the press box or from Rockford. Call his bluff.

Or...is it time to move Seabrook into your fourth line with Smith/Carpenter? Real heavy line.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Based on Bowman’s comments it’s not seabrook fault but it’s the talent he is playing with fault

Imo he should be getting the huet treatment

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Stop with this stupidity. He's not going to forward. They'd eat his salary in the box before he goes to forward. If he can't beat KK for defensive time, what in the hell makes you think he could beat any of our true 4th line forwards for playing time.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Stop with this stupidity. He's not going to forward. They'd eat his salary in the box before he goes to forward. If he can't beat KK for defensive time, what in the hell makes you think he could beat any of our true 4th line forwards for playing time.
6.8 million dollars a year.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
6.8 million dollars a year.
So? If you can't trade it, and you can't play it. what else you going to do? You can't put a player out there who is hurting the team and there are better players just becuase you made the stupid move of signing him for 30 years.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now, noe
So? If you can't trade it, and you can't play it. what else you going to do? You can't put a player out there who is hurting the team and there are better players just becuase you made the stupid move of signing him for 30 years.
now, now it was only 20, enough of the hyperbole.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
you dont have to argue with me over it, I think he deserves to get the A ripped off and let Kane have it for good. Now they are talking about how they got a real leader from Ottawa. The fuck do we need more leaders for? They claimed Kunitz was a leader last year. Toews, Keith, Kane, Seabroke, get to the point you need followers too.

I kind of find it funny that after two years of saying FU to waiving the no move clause, AA gets shipped to Ottawa. What hell could they send Broke to?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

You hide it like we did to the other disaster huet

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
you dont have to argue with me over it, I think he deserves to get the A ripped off and let Kane have it for good. Now they are talking about how they got a real leader from Ottawa. The fuck do we need more leaders for? They claimed Kunitz was a leader last year. Toews, Keith, Kane, Seabroke, get to the point you need followers too.

I kind of find it funny that after two years of saying FU to waiving the no move clause, AA gets shipped to Ottawa. What hell could they send Broke to?
He would have to go to a team that is trying to meet the cap floor, but a team he agrees to go to. You have to look at it all ways. 7 is on the decline, but why would he want to go to an Arizona type team just to accidentally make the playoffs before retirement? The Blackhawks gave him this nutbag contract with the hope the salary cap was going to be 100 million before 2017.
Plus the whole idea of pulling a Buff isn't going to work for Seabs.
The plus side is that I don't see a removal of the A, just because if 19 wasn't here, 7 would be the captain hands down. His leadership alone counts for something.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He would have to go to a team that is trying to meet the cap floor, but a team he agrees to go to. You have to look at it all ways. 7 is on the decline, but why would he want to go to an Arizona type team just to accidentally make the playoffs before retirement? The Blackhawks gave him this nutbag contract with the hope the salary cap was going to be 100 million before 2017.
Plus the whole idea of pulling a Buff isn't going to work for Seabs.
The plus side is that I don't see a removal of the A, just because if 19 wasn't here, 7 would be the captain hands down. His leadership alone counts for something.

He would save money in income taxes maybe lol

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would save money in income taxes maybe lol
Yeah, send him to the Florida Panthers or Dallas Stars to save millions in taxes, and he will waive that NMC quick...

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe Vancouver or Seattle.

Sure he wouldn't mind retiring in his hometown if a deal can be made that works for both teams.

No state income tax in Washington, close to Vancouver. They could leave him available for the draft. Not sure how that would work with a no-trade clause (may not have been addressed/discussed/considered in his K, a possible loophole), and Seattle's new GM, Ron Francis, might want a veteran with Cup experience. ...maybe not.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess, I was just curious for discussion. I didn't want to disrespect the guy, its actually a testament to his offensive skills that I wanted to consider

Carpenter-Smith-Seabrook

as a potential thing. Hahaha

I'm sorry. The dope probably went a bad way there. Head down. Walk of shame.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gotta love stupid off-season threads.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You hide it like we did to the other disaster huet
Can't do that anymore. If Seabrook goes to the A or overseas we still got almost 5.8M in dead cap--and since his NMC is an NMC, he can't be demoted as such without his consent.

I think Seabs and Keith are virtually untouchable in this regard, even though Keith's also a recapture. They'll play as long as they want to play and as long as the coach/GM lets them. Since Keith's recapture goes up to about 4M max I seriously doubt the 'hawks will eat it. While with Seabrook the question will be potential compliance buy-out, vs. him retiring and leaving cash on the table, vs. going on LTIR. I doubt any GM with a brain goes normal buy-out and having 6.7M in dead cap next season (especially with the looking Debrincat deal) and in 2023...not to mention 5 years of his buyout cap (even if it's sub-1M) on the books until 2029.

If I was a betting man, I'd be going the Compliance Buy-out or LTIR as a way to get him off the balance sheet.