My favorite offensive skill position player in this draft

Beartex

Liked Posts:
@remydat here's another player to put on your radar. Cut from a different cloth but extremely explosive and plays big in traffic. Will tear up the combine. I feel he will go right around the the 45th-60thpick. Sooner in a class not as loaded.

Would have no problems with him being one of the second round picks

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't want to turn this thread away from the topic, but I though that I'd mention that JK Dobbins is my #1RB in this class. Mix of power, shiftiness, contact balance is outstanding. I don't expect him to run in the 4.4s but his long speed isn't bad either. He's a bowling ball with patience and wiggle, a strong lower body for pass pro, and the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Not the level of prospect of the top WRs this year, but a great RB prospect. Reminds me a bit of Ricky Williams.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I don't want to turn this thread away from the topic, but I though that I'd mention that JK Dobbins is my #1RB in this class. Mix of power, shiftiness, contact balance is outstanding. I don't expect him to run in the 4.4s but his long speed isn't bad either. He's a bowling ball with patience and wiggle, a strong lower body for pass pro, and the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Not the level of prospect of the top WRs this year, but a great RB prospect. Reminds me a bit of Ricky Williams.
Not out of context as far as I'm concerned. I haven't decided (from the big 4) who I like best yet. I haven't watched them all enough just yet but my early front runner is Etienne. not quite as smooth. But he reminds me a lot a ton of Alvin Kamara. Dobbins is awesome as well. The reasons you mentioned are legit. He's plenty fast enough.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Definitely want a WR in the 2nd as I think class is very deep. Wanted a speed guy like Ruggs or Reagor but this guy looks intriguing.

Built a bit like Patterson but hopefully can translate that athleticism into NFL production.

We need speed less than we need YAC yards.

The Bears get NOTHING from their WRs in terms of after the catch. He can either run fast or break tackles, but someone who can turn a 10 yard passes into a 40 yards pass would be nice.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

The Bears get NOTHING from their WRs in terms of after the catch. He can either run fast or break tackles, but someone who can turn a 10 yard passes into a 40 yards pass would be nice.
A speed element also takes some pressure off of the run game. Yac is obviously important. As is posing a threat by pressing the secondary so they can't stack the box. Gabriel is fast but he isn't scaring anyone with his speed. You can have your cake, and eat it too. In this class. Given where the bears pick.

Beardown11

Liked Posts:
@remydat here's another player to put on your radar. Cut from a different cloth but extremely explosive and plays big in traffic. Will tear up the combine. I feel he will go right around the the 45th-60thpick. Sooner in a class not as loaded.

What the hell was SMU doing on that hail mary play? 3 guys just watching him jump and catch the ball? Hilarious!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not out of context as far as I'm concerned. I haven't decided (from the big 4) who I like best yet. I haven't watched them all enough just yet but my early front runner is Etienne. not quite as smooth. But he reminds me a lot a ton of Alvin Kamara. Dobbins is awesome as well. The reasons you mentioned are legit. He's plenty fast enough.
I see him as a great lightning in a thunder and lightning combo. Obvious home run hitter. Get him 12 touches a game, scheme a few plays to get him in space. My worry with him is durability/size. If you can give him 15+ touches yep he's right there with Dobbins plus that extra gear.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I see him as a great lightning in a thunder and lightning combo. Obvious home run hitter. Get him 12 touches a game, scheme a few plays to get him in space. My worry with him is durability/size. If you can give him 15+ touches yep he's right there with Dobbins plus that extra gear.

Size concern? Interesting. He's every bit of 210. Obviously the combine will clear that up but he's thick for a 5' 10" guy. If I recall he came in as freshman around 200 and put some weight on from there.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Size concern? Interesting. He's every bit of 210. Obviously the combine will clear that up but he's thick for a 5' 10" guy. If I recall he came in as freshman around 200 and put some weight on from there.
Doesn't look that thick to me, maybe I'm wrong.

Kamara weighed 10 pounds more that I thought he would at the combine.

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Doesn't look that thick to me, maybe I'm wrong.
It's hard to tell as he's not totally rocked up like Taylor or Dobbins. Different body type. Speaking of Taylor. I seen him live this year when they pounded MSU. He definitely looks the part from a physical stature perspective. That much stood out on the field. He wasn't as explosive as I was anticipating heading into the game.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It's hard to tell as he's not totally rocked up like Taylor or Dobbins. Different body type. Speaking of Taylor. I seen him live this year when they pounded MSU. I definitely looks the part. That much stood out on the field. He wasn't as explosive as I was anticipating heading into the game.

To me he's got a high floor but not the ceiling of the other three. I think he's a pretty much guaranteed good back but not the amount of juice in terms of elusiveness. Will get the most out of what's there for him, great vision and solid jump cut.

I didn't know this from watching him but he's also fumbled 18 times over his three years.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
To me he's got a high floor but not the ceiling of the other three. I think he's a pretty much guaranteed good back but not the amount of juice in terms of elusiveness. Will get the most out of what's there for him, great vision and solid jump cut.

I didn't know this from watching him but he's also fumbled 18 times over his three years.
Pretty spot on assessment. He's similar to Eddie George in that aspect. I didn't realize that either. Ironically He fumbled in the MSU game but recovered it himself.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Would have no problems with him being one of the second round picks

Yep, have been on the Jalen Reagor or KJ Hamler bandwagon for a while, and would have no problem if they took one of them in the 2nd.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm a Tennessee fan, so I'm a bit biased, but Juan Jennings is my guy. He isn't going to light up the combine or look that great doing running drills or getting separation, but he is going to fight harder for 50/50 balls and break more tackles than anyone else in this draft.

This is a guy that is termed "juice man" for TN, because he brings the energy every play and every game. He is big in the biggest of moments and wants the ball more than anyone else. He would make Nagy and Mitch look great on all the short throws near the line of scrimmage, as he never goes down on first contact. He punishes tacklers and makes it his mission to squeeze as much out of a play as possible. We NEED this type of passion on the offense!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Speed creates space for YAC by clearly out defenders.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Well said. Miller is certainly capable of Yac. As is Robinson, to an extent. The problems stem more from lack of rhythm, timing and ball placement. Also, as you stated. The lack of a vertical threat to clear out some of the underneath stuff.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Definitely want a WR in the 2nd as I think class is very deep. Wanted a speed guy like Ruggs or Reagor but this guy looks intriguing.

Built a bit like Patterson but hopefully can translate that athleticism into NFL production.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Denzel Mims

6'3" 215lbs
Former track star

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Gabriel's didn't

Speed would be ideal, but I would as mentioned about take a Deebo Samuel type.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Denzel Mims

6'3" 215lbs
Former track star

Been looking at this guy, huge catch radius, solid in most aspects, good long speed but not super sudden. Pretty consistent player for Baylor.

I'd say he'd be an option if Pace acquires a 3rd rounder.