My thoughts when Vikings made their draft picks

vintage-bear

Liked Posts:
Round 1: Bradbury- Good pick for them should help stabilize their line but I am glad we have Eddie Goldman. Watching Bradbury move laterally is pretty good but Goldman has the strength size and ability to negate Bradbury.
Round 2: Smith- He seems like he will help their offense, help Cousins and do some damage...but I'm so glad we have Ro Smith. What a great pick last year for us. Smith can cover any TE in the league.
Round 3. RB mattison- I am so glad that we jumped the Vikings to snag Montgomery. Mattison gives them nothing that Murray didn't last year. I see it as filling a hole that was created when Murray left. If Cook stays healthy this is a little value pick, if Cook gets hurt it will be a decent necessity pick.
Round 4. OG Samai- I was hoping they did not address their OL again. False hope. RRH and Nichols improving should keep us ahead in the match-up.
Round 6. LB, Cameron Smith- I had no reaction.
Round 6. DT Watts- no reaction. I would rather have Riley Ridley (or Reid) then three 6th round picks.
Round 6. DB Epps- I am super excited about Duke Shelley. He seems like a real baller. Shelley or Epps??? Shelley by far.
Round 6. T Udah- only reaction is rather have no OL pick for MN. Their OL was awful last year and it needs to stay that way. Limits Diggs/Thielen running double moves.
Round 7. DB Boyd- reminds me of Holton Hill, Kevin Toliver...guys you like to have on your team due to injuries and suspensions. MN did well acquiring picks to have the luxury to add this guy.
Round 7. WR Mitchell- Emanual Hall is better. Bears win this one.
Round 7 WR Johnson- Insurance pick for them...there is only so many WR that can be on the field as the Bears know.
Round 7. Long snapper ?...I was mowing the grass.

overall even with 12 picks the Vikings improved their team but did not jump the Bears due to the draft.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was a Jake Browning fan throughout his college years, despite him having a pedestrian 2018 season. I kinda wish he would have signed somewhere other than the NFC North.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed, all the Bears unknowns are better than all the Vikings unknowns. So glad we have our players.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, so long as they have an expensive folding lawn chair at quarterback I don't really have anything to worry about yet.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are we supposed to care what you or anyone think of the Vikings draft picks?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

vintage-bear

Liked Posts:
Are we supposed to care what you or anyone think of the Vikings draft picks?
no you don't have to care... I just needed to get this off my chest for the last few months. Very few around me can talk football so I used this forum as an outlet. I feel better know.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no you don't have to care... I just needed to get this off my chest for the last few months. Very few around me can talk football so I used this forum as an outlet. I feel better know.

I can definitely relate to the "very few around me can talk football" scenario, particularly Bears or division related.

vintage-bear

Liked Posts:
Is this Viking Talk?
When the Vikings played the Bears at Soldier Field in November it was the first time all season that I didn't see receivers running wide open in the secondary. Scheme wise the Vikings did very well.
I was completely on board with playing starters entire game week 17. I did not want to face them three times. Diggs and Thielan...big plays.
Somewhere late in the game at MN I did a 180 and would have been very happy to see them in Wildcard, but up until the middle of that game MN definitely was a perceived threat.
Although Zimmer dropped a few rungs last year he still can put together a very competitive FB team.
Listening to Vikings Sports radio the week before and the week after Bears' games it was irritating how little credit and respect they gave Chicago and Trubisky in particular. Only after week 17 did they start in on their own problems. Week 17 really changed a lot of perceptions on both teams.
Seeing what they do in the off-season is interesting.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Losing Shurmur hurt Zimmer tremendously.