Nagy Compares Mitch to Brees

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

From 4:16 - 6:12 in the video above Nagy was asked about his reaction to Gunner Minshew and how it's hard to watch all these rookies produce so fast and Nagy then compared Mitch to Drew Brees in the fact that in his 2nd season under Sean Payton with the Saints had 1 TD and 9 INTs after the 1st 4 games of the 2007 season. He threw 25 TDs and just 2 INTs in the final 12 games. For reference, Brees had not been good in his 1st 3 seasons with San Diego throwing 29 TDs against 31 INTs in 28 games.

I think this is very important in who Nagy thinks Mitch is. All these people saying Nagy doesn't believe in Mitch and won't throw down field is bullshit. What matters is that Nagy still believes in him and obviously Nagy has high hope for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
SD got tired of waiting, drafted some great competition and went on to win multiple SBs. Oh wait!

That said, I think QB compares like that are kinda silly and falls into the coach speak category..

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good points by coach, but damn what a reach. Ought to buy Mitch six more games before he melts into butter.

MITCH PLEASE!

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
:jonesy:

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I remember the washed up 2007 1 td 9 int first 2 or 3 games Brees, he sucked too!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I remember the washed up 2007 1 td 9 int first 2 or 3 games Brees, he sucked too!

Yup, remember we had an option to try to sign Brees or trade for Cutler and they traded for Cutler? Hindsight, yeah, quarterback with a dislocated right shoulder.

either way, Brees came alive on his second team, so watching Maholmes just lead the chargers past the ravens might let us see mitch on his second team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup, remember we had an option to try to sign Brees or trade for Cutler and they traded for Cutler? Hindsight, yeah, quarterback with a dislocated right shoulder.

either way, Brees came alive on his second team, so watching Maholmes just lead the chargers past the ravens might let us see mitch on his second team.
WTF is up with you? Brees got signed in 2006. Cutler trade in 2009.

This board has fallen into chaos.

Tostada

Liked Posts:

Did he get traded.???

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or, you know, it could be that Brees sucking for three years and then blossoming into a first ballot HOFer is lightning in a bottle level rare, and Trubisky might be in the 99% of QBs that look bad who simply stay mediocre/bad.

But nah, definitely Brees.

GTRPLAYA2

Liked Posts:

From 4:16 - 6:12 in the video above Nagy was asked about his reaction to Gunner Minshew and how it's hard to watch all these rookies produce so fast and Nagy then compared Mitch to Drew Brees in the fact that in his 2nd season under Sean Payton with the Saints had 1 TD and 9 INTs after the 1st 4 games of the 2007 season. He threw 25 TDs and just 2 INTs in the final 12 games. For reference, Brees had not been good in his 1st 3 seasons with San Diego throwing 29 TDs against 31 INTs in 28 games.

I think this is very important in who Nagy thinks Mitch is. All these people saying Nagy doesn't believe in Mitch and won't throw down field is bullshit. What matters is that Nagy still believes in him and obviously Nagy has high hope for him.

I think he means Trushitski has the chance to throw as many touchdowns tomorrow as Brees will today.... Or, Mitch is about as accurate as Brees is with a bum throwing hand.... I’ll still take Brees with the bum hand tho...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
All I know is Mitch Trubisky looks like the worst starting QB in the league, and our offense better put some points on the board tomorrow if they're going to talk all this talk, walk the walk.

Nagy is starting to look what I first suspected, and that is an overrated QB coach the got promoted too fast. He looks like a effing imposter.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you
Or, you know, it could be that Brees sucking for three years and then blossoming into a first ballot HOFer is lightning in a bottle level rare, and Trubisky might be in the 99% of QBs that look bad who simply stay mediocre/bad.

But nah, definitely Brees.

you're a blind idiot! Mitch will be above average and maybe even better because it should be obvious to many that he has what it takes to get there. Too many idiots on this board. but yeah, Nagy has no clue what he is talking about. lol

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Yes Trubisky is brees. I guess Allen on the panthers, minshew, and Jameis Winston will be HOFers then lol.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you

you're a blind idiot! Mitch will be above average and maybe even better because it should be obvious to many that he has what it takes to get there. Too many idiots on this board. but yeah, Nagy has no clue what he is talking about. lol

What makes it obvious to you that he'll be above average or better? Is it his unflappable pocket presence, his Peyton Manning-esque ability to read and dissect defenses, or his pinpoint downfield accuracy?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is he suppose to compare him to Tannehill? lmao that'd look pretty bad

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All these people saying Nagy doesn't believe in Mitch and won't throw down field is bullshit.

If Nagy thought mole eye could throw it 50 yards downfield and hit receivers in stride he would call those plays. Don't be fooled by what he says, look at the plays he calls.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

I call bullsh*t on this. Brees has ALWAYS been mentally sharper than Trubs has ever been. Even as a young player, Brees had a quick mind, saw the entire field, made pretty good decisions, and did not stare down his receivers. Just a smarter guy all the way around over Trubs. I have always said that if a person has a cannon for an arm but is not smart, what good is the arm? In other words, one of the greatest assets of a good QB is being "smart", seeing the entire field and making good decisions.

Trubs is slow. Not dumb but not fast mentally... slow. Thats one of the reasons it took him so long to become a starting QB in college... and it is one of the reasons it is taking him so long now. Even a young Brees was always smarter than Trubs.