Nagy on Trubisky: "I never get into mechanics."

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
So this video was primarily about Mitch and right around the 1 minute mark, Nagy admits he doesn't coach mechanics...and how you throw is how you throw.

d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF? This is the most concerning answer I've ever heard Nagy give. How in the fucking hell do you not talk mechanics with your young QB? How you throw is how you throw? Unreal....

Its the spiritual answer. You don't change somebodies mechanics especially at this level. You don't need a professional QB thinking about throwing, something they have excelled at their entire life.

nagy is a guru...he knows you leave some things alone and control what you can. I love his answer.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Idk, I think the days of making your QB throw like a robot are long gone. QBs like Rivers, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. have all shown that throwing the ball from different angles isn't a big deal, and sometimes can be helpful.

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Idk, I think the days have making your QB throw like a robot are long gone. QBs like Rivers, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. have all shown that throwing the ball from different angles isn't a big deal, and sometimes can be helpful.
Mahomes has bad mechanics on a lot of throws (usually due to being pressured), the ball still gets there. All that matters.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its the spiritual answer. You don't change somebodies mechanics especially at this level. You don't need a professional QB thinking about throwing, something they have excelled at their entire life.

nagy is a guru...he knows you leave some things alone and control what you can. I love his answer.

Horse shit.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mahomes has bad mechanics on a lot of throws (usually due to being pressured), the ball still gets there. All that matters.

Mahomes isn't broke so no need to fix it. Trubisky on the other hand needs some fixing. I mean how many times does his shit mechanics need to be pointed out over the past few years? And now we find out our QB guru head coach doesn't even work on it? No wonder he's not getting better.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Mahomes isn't broke so no need to fix it. Trubisky on the other hand needs some fixing. I mean how many times does his shit mechanics need to be pointed out over the past few years? And now we find out our QB guru head coach doesn't even work on it? No wonder he's not getting better.
Most here seem to agree that Trubisky’s biggest problem is between the ears.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky's mechanics have improved, it's been pointed out on breakdowns that I recall. I'm sure he works on it with someone. Could be QB coach who works with him.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Bad online, bad playcalling, one valid year in a somewhat competitive offense, and a coach that doesn't coach to mechanics.

Yes Trubisky is so bad and we should get back on the quarterback carousel.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Most here seem to agree that Trubisky’s biggest problem is between the ears.
He overthrows a lot of passes, so it's not just between the ears. At this point, I'd rather him work on overthrows as he'd be average if he fixed that issue. The between the ears becomes irrelevant if you overthrow the WR you correctly threw to.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure I remember Mitch talking about workin on his drop backs and his feet being on time and in sync. Also pretty sure that’s mechanics and more important than arm angles and throwing mechanics.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
He is the head coach - not his job. It is the QB coache's job or at least it should be. Just like Nagy most likely doesn't talk to an O-lineman about hand placement, or a WR about how to release properly or get into a break. This is why you have positional coaches LOL

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure I remember Mitch talking about workin on his drop backs and his feet being on time and in sync. Also pretty sure that’s mechanics and more important than arm angles and throwing mechanics.
He overthrows a lot of passes, so it's not just between the ears. At this point, I'd rather him work on overthrows as he'd be average if he fixed that issue. The between the ears becomes irrelevant if you overthrow the WR you correctly threw to.
Pretty sure you have that backwards. If he can’t figure out who, how, and when to throw to, then everything else is moot. It starts there.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Clearly a lot of you have never played football before. Mechanics is something a QB coach talks about not necessary the head coach all the time

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
How do I have it backwards? Your feet tie into who and when to throw it. Not your arm.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This offense and Trubisky are still projects. I thought Nagy tried to make this clear when he came here. I expected Trubisky to struggle more this year than last year. I also felt the Mack signing would increase the impatience with Trubisky, not the opposite.

15-6 so far with Nagy. Team is tight. Second year. I see the troubles, but this hand wringing is kind of pointless. Trubisky is here for the next couple of seasons.

But .... Bears.