Nagy on Trubisky: "I never get into mechanics."

msadows

Liked Posts:
He had a 25 which is not special. QB average is 24 so clearly not a negative either. Wonderlic is more of a precautionary test that value added one. That said, Lamar Jackson had a 13 and seems to be doing fine.

Fine? Meh.

Dudes come back down to reality since his big first week.

4TDS 5INTS in his last 3 games. I don't consider that "fine".

msadows

Liked Posts:
Again Mitch's problems is mental i dont know why he seems less certain this year but you can tell he is timid now. Maybe some guy with a scottish accent kept calling him telling him that he sucks everyday

100000% his problems are mental. There is a reason he was drafted with the #2 pick. He has the talent, his head is just not right. Prob never will get right.

The overthrows/underthrows arent anything to do with mechanics really, its all mental.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Idk, I think the days of making your QB throw like a robot are long gone. QBs like Rivers, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. have all shown that throwing the ball from different angles isn't a big deal, and sometimes can be helpful.

Odd to use Rodgers as an example because well known that McCarthy changed his mechanics from what it was at Cal. Mahomes also had his mechanics and technique changed. Rivers is the only guy whose mechanics haven't been touched and that is largely because he was accurate in college and continued to be accurate in NFL. Trubs by contrast is all over the place with his accuracy.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/6/9/15682584/patrick-mahomes-texas-tech-chiefs

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's just not special, or extraordinary, like Watson or Mahomes. He had no real first off season, expected to ride the bench behind Glennon. Then he was put to task as a starter under Dowell Loggains/John Fox. He and Nagy had one so-so season their first year, and now teams are aware of their tendencies, and weaknesses, causing them to struggle. Expected, IMO. I also expect it to take a bit of time for them to find their counter, and hit a stride of some sort. Mitch is still learning, and so is Nagy. I understood this when Nagy was hired.

The play of other teammates this year has not helped. And the boost to the defense by Mack has ramped up the timeframe for many fans. I always felt the end of this season is when to really start thinking seriously about Mitch's future as a Bear.

To be honest, I knew the O would struggle early this year, and even felt there could be a chance of Mitch tanking. He hasn't yet ... so there's that, lol.

Maybe expected by you but most of CCS and Nagy himself was talking about this being 2nd year in offense and the improvements that would come. Still plenty of time to turn it around but let's not pretend that him struggling in 2nd year is what most people were saying. Your opinion was in the distinct minority.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What up Xuder?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fine? Meh.

Like we care.

Still has a 97 rating and 4-2 record for this season. Kinda, you know, fine for a guy with less than a season worth of starts.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Real Men prefer Mechanix.
Snowflake Incels would rather have The Four Horsemen.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Fun fact: Mitch has only picked up 1 first down running the ball this year so far. Nagy sure as shit isn't using his feet as a weapon at all. Last year he had 29 first downs running it. Keep the chains moving and unleash his legs, defenses rarely account for it.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
People who compare Nagy to Trestman are absolutely fucking stupid. There's no need to explain that if you have any sort of intelligence at all. And people who call Trubisky Dear Sweet Mitchell aren't far behind.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Real Men prefer Mechanix.
Snowflake Incels would rather have The Four Horsemen.
To me they're both great songs! I'd say I slightly prefer Horsemen though. Both Kill Em and Killing are such great debuts!!!!

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, despite what people think, things are working. Not perfectly, but they're working and will improve. Since Nagy and Trubs have been paired together, how many times have the Bears been below .500? Twice. That's it. They lost both openers and never went below .500 after that. This team is winning football games.

I don't care if it's Nagy, Trubisky, the defense, our kicker, etc. It doesn't matter. This is a winning team. So people need to just stop bitching all the time and enjoy what we are watching. Or must I remind you of the last 3 decades, where except for a season here or there, we were complete dog shit.

Can Trubisky be better? Yep. Could we have had Watson or Mahommes? Yep. But you know what, who gives a shit. We are winning. So what difference does it make. I know I'll get the "We'll never win a Superbowl with Trubisky." Well, that's horseshit. No one knows that. Worse QB's have won Superbowls and better ones never did. You don't win with only a QB. That's why it's a TEAM.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Look, despite what people think, things are working. Not perfectly, but they're working and will improve. Since Nagy and Trubs have been paired together, how many times have the Bears been below .500? Twice. That's it. They lost both openers and never went below .500 after that. This team is winning football games.

I don't care if it's Nagy, Trubisky, the defense, our kicker, etc. It doesn't matter. This is a winning team. So people need to just stop bitching all the time and enjoy what we are watching. Or must I remind you of the last 3 decades, where except for a season here or there, we were complete dog shit.

Can Trubisky be better? Yep. Could we have had Watson or Mahommes? Yep. But you know what, who gives a shit. We are winning. So what difference does it make. I know I'll get the "We'll never win a Superbowl with Trubisky." Well, that's horseshit. No one knows that. Worse QB's have won Superbowls and better ones never did. You don't win with only a QB. That's why it's a TEAM.

Listen, pal. I'm not sure if you're from around here, but this here is a Mitchell Trubisky BASHING THREAD. You would do well to understand the difference between this and the other irrelevant semi-Bears related waste that this MB is littered with.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He had a 25 which is not special. QB average is 24 so clearly not a negative either. Wonderlic is more of a precautionary test that value added one. That said, Lamar Jackson had a 13 and seems to be doing fine.

Marino scored a 16. Fitzpatrick had a 48.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fine? Meh.

Dude, we get it, every QB sucks but Mitch. And sneaking Mahomes when he has a bad left ankle then injures his right knee is a totally bad idea because it's still a leg injury.

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:
He is the head coach - not his job. It is the QB coache's job or at least it should be. Just like Nagy most likely doesn't talk to an O-lineman about hand placement, or a WR about how to release properly or get into a break. This is why you have positional coaches LOL

As a business owner, the quickest way to get gone is to utter the words “that’s not my job”. If you have the knowledge to improve/fix the given situation, then you damn well better fix it, regardless of whose purview it may be. That is particularly true for an NFL head coach.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know Asswipe, so I mean no offense by this, but the username raises a concern of Bladder Infection.