Nagy wants Trubisky to be 'obsessed' with film

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
(I confess that I had to look up the word "pablum.")

I don't have any faith in this team while Nagy is still calling plays. Mitch is an unspectacular QB who happens to be an amazing leader. If the coach can't figure that out and call plays accordingly, then the whole ship is doomed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I watch a ton of films too, doesn't make me anymore of an actor or director. What a bunch of nonsense from a guy so far over his head.
And you practice posting here and you still suck at it.

I doubt they mean he watches old football games with a beer and popcorn. They are asking him to study traits and defensive tendencies so that he may recognizes them better than he did last season. What should they ask him to do when he needs to get better at it and the teams can not practice at this time?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Just so everyone knows,,,,,,,,, This is my reasoning for optimisim.

Adam Hoge
@AdamHoge

·
17h

Nagy will retain play calling duties, but sounded excited about delegating more to Bill Lazor, Dave Ragone and John DeFilippo. "I want to become the best possible head coach I can be.” Nagy talked about being “rejuvenated” and added: "I’m doing a lot of listening."

Show this thread

Adam Hoge
@AdamHoge

·
17h

One thing I was very encouraged by today: Matt Nagy’s willingness to adapt his scheme. “It’s not fair to force (players) into something that I do … This is a clean slate and we want to make sure we give everybody the best opportunity.”

Talk is cheap.

Nagy has done this before, but went back to his comfort zone of calling an AFL offense after 3-4 run plays were unsuccessful.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better he just wings it because he sucks. If team don't communicate, fans bitch about it. If they do, fans spin it to be able to bitch about it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Couple this with Trubisky having a 99.7 passer rating when a running back can gain at least 50 yards I am pretty confident that getting a running game will be the biggest bang for the buck on this offense.
Interesting stat @modo. Do you have a link to that or if a pay site can you screenshot the league list for context?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
do you have any statistical evidence that somehow defenses weren’t stacking against deep passes vs intermediate. I am not sure this is even a thing.

i do recall plenty of deep safety defenses against the bears.

In fact I know your logic is faulty because Montgomery faced an average of 6.5 defenders in the box per carry which ranked 44th of all running backs and over half of his carries were against nickel or dime defenses.

I can tell beyond a certainty that the Bears were facing predominantly nickel and dime defenses.

It was even worse with Cohen.

Teams never stacked the box with Cohen as the runner. Literally 0%. He faced an average of 5.8 defenders in the box. 78% of his snaps were against nickel and dime defenses.

Trubisky consistently faced nickel and dime defenses and got little to no support from a run game when the Bears should have been successful at running.

Couple this with Trubisky having a 99.7 passer rating when a running back can gain at least 50 yards I am pretty confident that getting a running game will be the biggest bang for the buck on this offense.
I'd like to see the source on these numbers so I can share with others.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting stat @modo. Do you have a link to that or if a pay site can you screenshot the league list for context?

I did my own research

over the past two years I looked at all the games where an individual running back ran for at least 50 yards and totaled Trubisky’s stats from those games.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I applaud Nagy for being open to change and accepting constructive criticism from his staff. We'll see. But this seems to confirm my long held suspicion that Pace hired a guy who is woefully too inexperienced to be a HC and is in way over his head.

Hiring all the new coaches...you can slap a fresh coat of paint on a jalopy, but it's still a jalopy.
I hope this is the case and maybe we've heard the last of comments like "they didn't bring me here to run the I-formation" when that seems to be the best execution his players can give him but I'm going to remain cautious as I'm not sure the actions will back this up.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
When a headcoach is willing to come out in public to tell a #2 overall that he needs to commit to watching more film...well that only implies one thing......

Reactions: DC

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I did my own research

over the past two years I looked at all the games where an individual running back ran for at least 50 yards and totaled Trubisky’s stats from those games.
OK, pretty interesting. Please post this in an excel spreadsheet for all QB starters the last 2 seasons with 10+ starts with comparisons with RB's achieving 50, 75, and 100 yard rusher benchmarks.

Your work will be graded and appreciated.?

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
When a headcoach is willing to come out in public to tell a #2 overall that he needs to commit to watching more film...well that only implies one thing......
That you only want to hear what meets your needs, Don't let the thoughts of maybe things will get better,Even for Mitch, with these new coaches and Nagy admitting that things have to change or he will need a new way less paying job.
But don't fret we know your going to stick w/your tired ol BS, that it has to be all on Mitch and he's a bigger bust than you never got to be.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
That you only want to hear what meets your needs, Don't let the thoughts of maybe things will get better,Even for Mitch, with these new coaches and Nagy admitting that things have to change or he will need a new way less paying job.
But don't fret we know your going to stick w/your tired ol BS, that it has to be all on Mitch and he's a bigger bust than you never got to be.

Am sure you felt this hardcore about Jay Cutler back in the day.

All good bruh

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, pretty interesting. Please post this in an excel spreadsheet for all QB starters the last 2 seasons with 10+ starts with comparisons with RB's achieving 50, 75, and 100 yard rusher benchmarks.

Your work will be graded and appreciated.?

I posted this on one of the Bears fans blue check mark guys. I believe he was advocating for Dalton to be the QB. Some other people followed up and posted Wentz and Goff stats based on my criteria and they were in the high 80s in passer rating.

it’s obvious when teams focus on Trubisky alone he has problems. That was a bit offset by him being able to run.

I think I’ll go back and look at Trubisky’s passer ratings when he has no run support, but he ran instead. I have a feeling he’s a better QB when he does that.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better he just wings it because he sucks. If team don't communicate, fans bitch about it. If they do, fans spin it to be able to bitch about it.
Yeah this is true. This is just a very frustrated fan-base, especially after the optimism this time last year. Of course, people are always bitching. But I generally try to remain optimistic. This year there's none of that. I'm like "Fix your shit or GTFO."

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Yeah this is true. This is just a very frustrated fan-base, especially after the optimism this time last year. Of course, people are always bitching. But I generally try to remain optimistic. This year there's none of that. I'm like "Fix your shit or GTFO."

Bears have made the playoffs just twice since 2006. That's 14 years....so of course the fanbase grow impatient. And this is a league that tries to create parity by way of draft position (loser teams pick at the top of the food chain) and the salary cap so that's a long ass time to be suckin.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
And you practice posting here and you still suck at it.

I doubt they mean he watches old football games with a beer and popcorn. They are asking him to study traits and defensive tendencies so that he may recognizes them better than he did last season. What should they ask him to do when he needs to get better at it and the teams can not practice at this time?
For every Omelet we have a troglodyte like you...SAD!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I have been critical of Nagy, but I liked the interview. I think he was pretty honest about him some bad play calls and schemes, as well as some coaching issues. It was nice to see him upbeat, and not defeated. He wasn't as vocal as Pace about the coaching changes, but I think they felt that Helfrich and company were pretty horrible last season.

Pace tight lipped as usual. I think he was very critical of the coaches they let go.