"Neo" Pineiro

Liked Posts:
We were introduced to "Neo" in the Matrix starring Keanu Reeves. The premise behind Neo was that we learned that he was the "One".
Twelve days out from the opening game in the NFL against the Packers, the question begs is Pineiro finally the One? Eddy was called on early tonight to kick from 21 yards out, a shorter distance than the three XPs he made against Indianapolis. Finally we got what we all wanted to see when Nagy trotted Eddy out there for a long range bomb from 58 yards out. All Eddy did was deliver! His accuracy was perfect with his kicks dead on down the middle. So far Eddy is 3/3 on XPs and 5/6 on FGs. If you include the three FGs he made last year for the Raiders than his total is 8/9 for FGs. That is good for 89%. I am beginning to believe now that Nagy really wants Eddy to be the "One". He has gone out of his way to tell the press that they need to back off the unrealistic expectations that Eddy is not allowed to miss a FG, but put more focus on how Eddy responds after a missed FG. For those who are keeping score, Mike Zimmer, the Vikings coach who chased Daniel Carlson out of town last year, has his panties in a wad right now since Karre Vedvik missed two FGs tonight and said that his concern is "High" right now, especially since they traded away a 5th round pick for him next year. For those who are still keeping score, Carlson is still having a good season for the Raiders going into his second season. If kickers can actually have "Swag", I think Eddy just might actually be the "One" to have it. Going into tonight's game he had a lot of pressure on him to perform, and because of something(the Double Doink) that he was never apart of from the beginning. He has to go through this gauntlet once again for another week and then I guess we will have a better idea of what the Bears are going to do. Let's hope he is 'Lights Out" again. I think Eddy will have to duplicate another performance next week like he did tonight in order for him to have a chance to make the team.
I hope for Nagy and the Bears Nation, but most importantly for Eddy, that Pineiro truly is the "One".

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He could’ve removed all doubt if the Bears let him kick a 56 yarder in the fourth instead of going for it on fourth down. He was obviously feeling it and coming off a confidence high after making the 58 yarder.

In any case, I’m glad he made the one he did. Very impressive, and he looked like he was enjoying himself! Meanwhile, career 62 percenter Kaare Vedvik missed 2 field goals.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That long one was a beautiful kick. Dead center, and several yards to go on it.

Note that he also knocked kickoffs out the back of the endzone...Something Fry struggled to do - his seemed to often land near goal line.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
I’m in on Neo. Goes well with his last name. Make the t shirts now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eddie Pineal.
giphy.gif

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When he hit that kick, I thought it might actually be the longest FG I’d ever seen by a Bear kicker. They said Gould hit a 58 yarder too and I’m pretty sure that was in the Denver debacle they lost to Tebow.

A kicker with a leg like that (if accurate) is a weapon. I felt with Parkey the Bears needed to be 40 yards and in for a reasonable chance at 3.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pendejo sucks and he will cost the Bears multiple games this year.

What are you basing this on? He was good at Florida and with the Raiders last year before he was injured.
Did he suck in high school?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
clearly all guys are going to miss kicks, it's WHEN they miss them...are they money in pressure situations? unfortunately some of them you have to find out the hard way. When we first signed Gould there wasn't this much angst and dick ripping because he had the luxury of not following the double doink. Gostkowsky on the Patriots has missed 3 kicks in preseason and they're ready to cut him loose

Liked Posts:
Pendejo sucks and he will cost the Bears multiple games this year.

I was wondering how long it would take for you to respond to this thread, Grimson. You seem these days to have a singularity of thought that is dominated by your obsession with Pineiro. Tell us all please why you have this visceral, emotional response towards Eddy? Certainly, it is not based on any intellectual properties that you might possess in regards to the historical data that is Pineiro's resume to date.

Did he walk past you at training camp one day when you were screaming his name for an autograph?

How deep and dark does this obsession go in respect to Eddy? Would you hope and pray that he misses a game winning FG in a playoff game just so that you could jump on this site immediately and say to everyone, "I told you he sucked!"
Oh, I think you already have gone there with Eddy's ONLY miss ever in an NFL game.

And what was this quote all about: "Man if Pendejo is selected I can't wait to see how many game missing kicks he has to rub it all of your faces."

Grimson, the only "pendejo" or asshole here is..... Well, you can connect the dots!!!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was wondering how long it would take for you to respond to this thread, Grimson. You seem these days to have a singularity of thought that is dominated by your obsession with Pineiro. Tell us all please why you have this visceral, emotional response towards Eddy? Certainly, it is not based on any intellectual properties that you might possess in regards to the historical data that is Pineiro's resume to date.

Did he walk past you at training camp one day when you were screaming his name for an autograph?

How deep and dark does this obsession go in respect to Eddy? Would you hope and pray that he misses a game winning FG in a playoff game just so that you could jump on this site immediately and say to everyone, "I told you he sucked!"
Oh, I think you already have gone there with Eddy's ONLY miss ever in an NFL game.

And what was this quote all about: "Man if Pendejo is selected I can't wait to see how many game missing kicks he has to rub it all of your faces."

Grimson, the only "pendejo" or asshole here is..... Well, you can connect the dots!!!

Dumbshit. The guy is bad at football. No need for your rambling, incoherent essays.

Liked Posts:
Dumbshit. The guy is bad at football. No need for your rambling, incoherent essays.

LOL.. Well, based on your response, I have obviously hit a nerve with you. Perfect!!!!

If it is incoherent to you then I better get my crayons out and draw you a picture to simplify things for you.

Did you really just say, "The guy is bad at football." He is a KICKER. LOL Bad at football? Really?

This is way too easy for me. I thought you were going to be a bit more of a challenge. Yawn!!!

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
LOL.. Well, based on your response, I have obviously hit a nerve with you. Perfect!!!!

If it is incoherent to you then I better get my crayons out and draw you a picture to simplify things for you.

Did you really just say, "The guy is bad at football." He is a KICKER. LOL Bad at football? Really?

This is way too easy for me. I thought you were going to be a bit more of a challenge. Yawn!!!
Never heard of an internet troll?

If you’ve been around here long enough you can add “mentally unstable” to the beginning of that if you’re talking Grim.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
When he hit that kick, I thought it might actually be the longest FG I’d ever seen by a Bear kicker. They said Gould hit a 58 yarder too and I’m pretty sure that was in the Denver debacle they lost to Tebow.

A kicker with a leg like that (if accurate) is a weapon. I felt with Parkey the Bears needed to be 40 yards and in for a reasonable chance at 3.

Actually Parkey had good stats from 50+ in his career but if you're talking about just how it was going for him last season then i'm with ya.