NHL to release statement on Coronavirus

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is probably just the beginning. I'd be surprised if the NHL doesn't follow suit and unless they come up with an antidote in short order....baseball will be next. This is not only because of the massive crowds of people, this also involves the transmitting of this thing over the country as in all the airline traveling pro sports teams do. Closing down airports can't be too far down the line as well.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Let me guess?
NHL is suspended?

Jaromiruigiex DikStickendorf has caught the coronavirus?

Am I close?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
IT'S ONLY THE FLU

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
IT'S ONLY THE FLU
Social media flu.

When all the experts start telling the NHL that it might be controllable in 2 months, they will probably play for TV cameras.

What is really the issue here? You are not an american umless you sue, so are venues going to get sued if people go to the game and contract it? How can they prove it came from the arena, not the restaurant or bar?

I heard someone say that someone is suing a cruise ship, so its gotta be legal right?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Social media flu.

When all the experts start telling the NHL that it might be controllable in 2 months, they will probably play for TV cameras.

What is really the issue here? You are not an american umless you sue, so are venues going to get sued if people go to the game and contract it? How can they prove it came from the arena, not the restaurant or bar?

I heard someone say that someone is suing a cruise ship, so its gotta be legal right?

Dumbass alert.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This is probably just the beginning. I'd be surprised if the NHL doesn't follow suit and unless they come up with an antidote in short order....baseball will be next. This is not only because of the massive crowds of people, this also involves the transmitting of this thing over the country as in all the airline traveling pro sports teams do. Closing down airports can't be too far down the line as well.

I agree, although you never know with Bettman. I can see him finishing the regular season crowd-less -- not saying I advocate that necessarily, but I have to wonder if the NHL can really afford to completely suspend or cut the season short. I also wonder how this will affect the salary cap for next year, if they do cancel the rest of the season in particular and/or suspend the start of the playoffs.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, although you never know with Bettman. I can see him finishing the regular season crowd-less -- not saying I advocate that necessarily, but I have to wonder if the NHL can really afford to completely suspend or cut the season short. I also wonder how this will affect the salary cap for next year, if they do cancel the rest of the season in particular and/or suspend the start of the playoffs.
That reminded me of this:
https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/03/1...e-pondering-playing-in-front-of-empty-arenas/

...although, truth be told it could also apply to the Blackhawks prior to the midpoint of the 2008 season.