CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A draft pick and 20 million

NO THANK YOU.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If Trubs flops the rest if this year then a pick and 20 is worth it. Don't want to waste this defense. But for the record I believe in trubs

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doubt at this point they get a draft pick for Foles. Said thing is people making fun of him must not realize Trubs has basically the same passer rating as Foles does.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Basically they have to give a draft pick like a second rounder(much like the Texans did for the Browns to take Osweiler) to get cap space.

if the bears can handle the cap hit for the year, why not? Bears needs backup next year and competition to Mitch.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He just doesn’t know the jags system lol

Madden

Liked Posts:
I'd like him as a backup over Chase for next year. Then draft a QB as well. Don't see us getting rid of Mitch yet. Keep 3 QB's and have them battle it out.

1. Trubisky
2. Foles
3. Best QB we can draft in the 2nd round

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Doubt at this point they get a draft pick for Foles. Said thing is people making fun of him must not realize Trubs has basically the same passer rating as Foles does.

Except Foles had a fluke, extreme outlier year in which he threw 27 TD's to 2 INT's (?)

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Foles doesn't come with the baggage of being 2nd overall and the means of how the Bears moved up the one spot.

Because of this Mitch will always carry huge expectations especially with the present day Bears team as they are geared up to win now.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
But, but, but, it would take him 3 years (insanity as these players aren't rocket scientists - and how many years is Chase Daniel into it? how is he doing?) to learn the Nagy system.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch didn't pick himself. He is what he is but that isn't on him.
Foles has perfected the mini arm punt.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Please. Please.

Let me drill this into some of your thick skulls.

Just because is ain't Mitch, don't mean its any better.

Foles is trash. Always has been trash. He had one astounding post season run that he's gotten paid off of. How many times does the guy have to get benched before you guys keep bringing him up. We saw him last year in the playoffs, that man would lose us any important game by throwing up lame ducks with his noodle arm while under pressure.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd like him as a backup over Chase for next year. Then draft a QB as well. Don't see us getting rid of Mitch yet. Keep 3 QB's and have them battle it out.

1. Trubisky
2. Foles
3. Best QB we can draft in the 2nd round

I'd rather not have him and be able to re-sign HaHa clinton dix and Danny Trevethan. Or maybe use that cash to sign a pass rusher or an offensive lineman.

20 millions will be like half our fucking cap. I'm not giving that up to have a bum sit on the bench.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Nick Fools

Would be a perfect backup at 3-5 mil....20 mil for multiple seasons and having to trade for him

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
WINshew Mania is back baybeeee

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The Jags would have to take a 33mil cap hit, which they cant afford, to cut him before June 1st (only 20 mil cap hit if jut after that). Jags have Minshew on a cheap rookie contract, so getting cap space to fill out their roster and help him out is important. They probably would give up nice compensation for another team to take on the contract. Maybe throwing in a guy like Riley Ridley, on a rookie comtract, can sweeten the deal and get better compensation.

But as much as I like the idea of receiving a draft pick for a once competent QB, it doesnt make sense for the Bears to make this happen. We will probably be able to sign a guy like Mariota for 7-10 mil a year. We could then use the money to extend guys like Eddie Jackson, Robinson, Trevathan, maybe Skrine (to replace Prince) etc..