No one find's it funny that...

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
A coach has no issue letting a rookie 6th round pick be aggressive and go vertical meanwhile we have a 3rd year, first round QB and a supposed offensive genius that's being super conservative?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don’t really blame Nagy. His job depends on the success or failure of Mitch and if he feels he can’t do it consistently enough why would he call a vertical passing game?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
RUN THE FUCKING BALL. WHY ARE YOU CALLING SO MANY PASSING PLAYS.

...runs the ball, grinds out a win

wHy ArEn'T yOU leTtinG MitCh gO veRTicaL!?!??!?

Nagy's #1 obligation is to win football games, not to appease the fans with a particular blend of playcalling. He did what he thought he needed to win, and did. I expect playcalling to shift based on who we are playing, and how he evaluates the strengths and weaknesses on a week-to-week basis as the season evolves. We're two weeks in. Fucking christ, man.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
RUN THE FUCKING BALL. WHY ARE YOU CALLING SO MANY PASSING PLAYS.

...runs the ball, grinds out a win

wHy ArEn'T yOU leTtinG MitCh gO veRTicaL!?!??!?

I know you're just memeing, but does Nagy not understand that when people want him to run the ball more that it doesn't just mean run the ball more than you pass? It means find a balance with the offense that keeps the defense guessing.

Trubisky should be going vertical. He should be throwing screens. There should be play action. He should be throwing quick slants. We should run Montgomery left, right, up the gut, draws, sweeps. When Montgomery is in the game, we should throw the ball, not just when Mike Davis is in.

He's just doesn't really run a very well balanced offense. Nor is he running one that keeps the defense off-balance. It seems like they always know what we're doing, and then they shut it down. The first 2 weeks of the season have been painful to watch.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I know you're just memeing, but does Nagy not understand that when people want him to run the ball more that it doesn't just mean run the ball more than you pass? It means find a balance with the offense that keeps the defense guessing.

Trubisky should be going vertical. He should be throwing screens. There should be play action. He should be throwing quick slants. We should run Montgomery left, right, up the gut, draws, sweeps. When Montgomery is in the game, we should throw the ball, not just when Mike Davis is in.

He's just doesn't really run a very well balanced offense. Nor is he running one that keeps the defense off-balance. It seems like they always know what we're doing, and then they shut it down. The first 2 weeks of the season have been painful to watch.

Exactly. It's not about a specific blend.. Nagy has been bland and predictable.

And again, I'm not saying Mitch has been good. He's been bad. I think the playcalling has been even worse, however.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I don't disagree with you. I'm definitely not happy with the way the offense has played (not just Mitch, everyone pretty much minus Robinson and Montgomery), or the playcalling generally speaking. But I'm not gonna freak out after 2 games, which were both called very differently. If we get 5-6 weeks in and things haven't significantly improved, and / or our record is bad, I'll drag out my pitchfork and join the rest of you. I think the defense will keep us in games to allow the offense to get their shit together, but we'll see I guess.

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
I don’t really blame Nagy. His job depends on the success or failure of Mitch and if he feels he can’t do it consistently enough why would he call a vertical passing game?

Great idea calling a vertical passing game while your OL plays like ish. Going vertical takes time, you get that time largely because of your OL. Let me know how that works out.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Great idea calling a vertical passing game while your OL plays like ish. Going vertical takes time, you get that time largely because of your OL. Let me know how that works out.
Stop deflecting blame. Plenty of NFL teams have a deep passing game with a sub par offensive line and you know that.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:

I do blame Nagy.

That's not a viable excuse. You have a high-ceiling QB and you can't develop him into throw a deep ball even remotely consistent?

Not only that, but minimizing deep ball plays inhibits the offense because it allows defenses to crouch forward and defend a smaller area of the field.

That being said, I can see why he didn't do so as much against Denver given their pass rush.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
GB game Nagy sucked.

Nagy’s game plan vs Denver was spot on. He kept the defense off the field in high altitude during 80 degree heat while facing a HC who knew the Bears system and personnel.

The players didn’t execute as needed for an easy win.

29 runs
26 passes

Balanced attack.

That game was not a good indicator of the passing games health.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
A coach has no issue letting a rookie 6th round pick be aggressive and go vertical meanwhile we have a 3rd year, first round QB and a supposed offensive genius that's being super conservative?

I've read this point from a few posters now...and it implies that Trubisky can handle "opening the game up," which he's proven he cannot.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I do blame Nagy.

That's not a viable excuse. You have a high-ceiling QB and you can't develop him into throw a deep ball even remotely consistent?

Not only that, but minimizing deep ball plays inhibits the offense because it allows defenses to crouch forward and defend a smaller area of the field.
Do you actually still believe that?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do blame Nagy.

High ceiling QB?

Are you trolling?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping the shity online is why Nagy is calling conservative games. I would like to see him turn Mitch loose and let him move and create on the run.