My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Very cowardly.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
cowardly? he roams the crowd at every single home game. Those are the seats he wants asses in and he talks to them at that time

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
cowardly? he roams the crowd at every single home game. Those are the seats he wants asses in and he talks to them at that time

I don't think it's "cowardly" and I do see him roaming the seats. I respect that. However, it is a little disappointing they aren't doing a panel for the second-straight year. It's tough to get answers on the business side of things throughout the year for fans and this is usually their one chance.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
What's Rickett's going to say?

The Cubs have a 250 million dollar payroll and the ability to spend 100 million more then the Brewers just isn't enough for the front office.

Epstein should have been fired for the Kimbrel signing.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

The Cubs have a 250 million dollar payroll and the ability to spend 100 million more then the Brewers just isn't enough for the front office.

We will see if you’re still saying that come July when he’s either saving games for a competitive cubs team, or has become a trade chip at the deadline for a mediocre cubs team.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

He will answer whatever fans want to ask.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We will see if you’re still saying that come July when he’s either saving games for a competitive cubs team, or has become a trade chip at the deadline for a mediocre cubs team.

We've seen enough. There is a reason no team wanted him and the Red Sox in their world series run the year prior sat him on the bench. Unfortunately when Theo's Front office can't draft or develop pitching, they have to go out and overpay for scrubs like Kimbrel.

Craig Kimbrel, Cubs, 20 innings, 9 homeruns, 15 earned runs from your closer, lol.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We've seen enough. There is a reason no team wanted him and the Red Sox in their world series run the year prior sat him on the bench. Unfortunately when Theo's Front office can't draft or develop pitching, they have to go out and overpay for scrubs like Kimbrel.

Craig Kimbrel, Cubs, 20 innings, 9 homeruns, 15 earned runs from your closer, lol.

You really got a hard on for Kimbrel

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Jilted lover perhaps?

You one and done Theo lovers will come on board when your boy Kimbrel blows early saves in April and proceeds to carry over into May and June til Ross relegates him to mop up duty. I'll make sure to link those Cub Kimbrel youtube highlights with each blown save, heh

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You one and done Theo lovers will come on board when your boy Kimbrel blows early saves in April, May, June, July hahha. I'll make sure to link those Kimbrel youtube highlights with each blown save, heh
I don't love or hate the Kimbrel signing. Since the Cubs aren't likely going to be competitive this season, it doesn't seem to have much importance. Moving forward, if you don't want to look like Jack Lame, I wasn't impressed with what Theo did at Boston after the initial WS title. He has his warts.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Oh c'mon. He doesn't want to field questions about the team doing nothing this off season and/or the upcoming cubs network. Gee, I wonder why that would be?

Last edited:

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Oh c'mon. He doesn't want to field questions about the team doing nothing this off season and/or the upcoming cubs network. Gee, I wonder why that would be?

What exactly are the Cubs supposed to do?

They have two choices. They can go the Yankee's route of "Damn the CBT" and spend like it doesn't matter. I'm not against that so long as the team remains profitable. I like the approach because it admits that the draft is such a crap shoot that having your first round pick moved back isn't that big a hindrance. I despise the loss of picks for signing Free Agents and would rather the team losing the player just got a sandwich pick.

Their other choice is the trade market. They can't really do that until the FA for their possible trade pieces' positions are gone and they can see who lost out.