Now is the time for a Qb .....

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
COMPETITION, Lets find out who deserves to be the stater. I don't like the pick at #2 ( shoulda' been Watsin), however, my thought is lets put the best Qb on the field

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I say start Glennon. After fans are sick of him sucking or he gets injured it makes a better story to have Trub come in and save the day.
There's no need to risk turning Trub into a Grossman head case, that's why Glennon got paid.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There will be no competition Mike Glennon gets the spot but he's being set up to fail.

Trubisky will redshit for a few years.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Pace wants to do it the right way and have him sit a year to learn and get settled in. That's why Sanchez was brought in to mentor like he did with Dak last year, and be the sacrificial lamb if Glennon gets hurt. The only way I see Trubs starting is if we are somehow in a playoff hunt towards the end of the season and Glennon is injured and Sanchez comes in and completely sucks.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
There will be no competition Mike Glennon gets the spot but he's being set up to fail.

Trubisky will redshit for a few years.

MT doesn't have a few yr's to RS. He has ONE FKN YR and MAYBE a couple games or so of the 2nd.

If he doesn't show out BIG in yr #2- and I mean show huge promise as a starting QB- Pace MUST BE DONE as our GM.

He gambled pretty big on a WR wth ?'s and lost.

This is a MUCH BIGGER GAMBLE......he's out of mulligans.

I hope we all can agree that Pace is DONE if MT doesn't show up big by the end of 2018.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
MT doesn't have a few yr's to RS. He has ONE FKN YR and MAYBE a couple games or so of the 2nd.

If he doesn't show out BIG in yr #2- and I mean show huge promise as a starting QB- Pace MUST BE DONE as our GM.

I hope we all can agree that Pace is DONE if MT doesn't show up big by the end of 2018.

Do you want to go back to the old days where we played it safe and had Kyle Orton at QB? Elite Defenses will only get you so far if you don't have a QB.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Yep, I don't think could survive Trubisky failing, particularly after the trade up.

But at least the clock is ticking on something and he has put his dollar down. I would way rather follow Trubisky's progress for TWO YEARS then watch Hoyer, Sanchez, Barkley, Cutler, hell any of the bums we've trotted out in the last thirty years play another down.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Do you want to go back to the old days where we played it safe and had Kyle Orton at QB? Elite Defenses will only get you so far if you don't have a QB.

Ok, so what does that have to do with what I posted.

I didn't bash the move or poo poo the idea that QB is now easily the most important position in sports....

I am just saying Pace's job hinges on MT's early success as a QB now. I stand by that statement 100%

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I agree fully that Glennon gets the start but I disagree that he's being set up to fail - in fact I think its the opposite.

The Glennon/Sanchez trades were clearly done to offer the structure to bring in a development QB. I assume the discussion with Glennon, who was in the wilderness at TB, was to be offered the opportunity to start and to try to succeed - with a view that the success would either lead to a long term starting role in Chicago (assume Trubisky fails to develop) or a trade to a team in need of a starting QB - in which case the Bears would pick up a decent haul of draft picks.

Glennon is being set up to succeed rather than fail - and in that respect it could be a win win for the Bears long term - and Pace is clearly playing a longer game than the majority of the fans - which I think is a better strategy than going for quick wins and minimal long term progress.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Start Glennon. Let Mitch develop/acclimate.

Pace redeemed himself. The Glennon signing makes sense now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

How many years did Rodgers redshirt?

It's not like when Stafford got drafted. Mitch's cap hit will be an afterthought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I like that Pace is playing a longer game and actually properly investing in a rebuild - with clear commitment to the players he wants to build the team around.

Trubisky can really develop if given the time and I kind of like that a lot of the meatball fans are already writing him off as that removes the pointless pressure to have him start right away - anyone thinking the whole Glennon/Sanchez trades weren't leading up to this now have to be truly deluded - and I like that when the plan was at risk Pace pulled the trigger.

We just have to be patient and see if his gut feeling is right.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There won't be a competition this year nor should there be. Multiple teams trying to trade up for Trubisky. Seems the consensus #1 QB by those that count. The OP should make us all feel good about how this is going down.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I don't think the Bears see it that way but have at it.