My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He is a guy that makes hard plays look easy and easy plays look hard. Sunday he blames a sign for not catching that ball but on replays it looked like he wasnt paying attention. Tonight he flubs that dribbler then throws wildly to home. A number of times last year he had the same pattern.

I think Maddon isnt convinced of his consistency either which is maybe why he doesnt have a regular position. Tell me where I'm wrong

DanTown

Liked Posts:
This isn't new. Been who he is both at the plate and in th field.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
This isn't new. Been who he is both at the plate and in th field.
I'm trying to think of another flashy but inconsistant player in the past? Maybe that's what Baez becomes and not the superstar some have predicted for him

PickSix

Liked Posts:
You are not wrong. Maddon is gonna have his "I'm so cool" ass on the bench being a spectator soon.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm trying to think of another flashy but inconsistant player in the past? Maybe that's what Baez becomes and not the superstar some have predicted for him
I remember Dunston used to get to a lot of balls at short then fire them into the seats

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He is a guy that makes hard plays look easy and easy plays look hard. Sunday he blames a sign for not catching that ball but on replays it looked like he wasnt paying attention. Tonight he flubs that dribbler then throws wildly to home. A number of times last year he had the same pattern.

I think Maddon isnt convinced of his consistency either which is maybe why he doesnt have a regular position. Tell me where I'm wrong

He wasn't making it up about the sign.

Same thing happened tonight to Wong. (And believe me, I am not one to defend Wong, whose D is half as good as he thinks it is.)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I watched highlights of the WBC.

Baez was in three defensive highlights - a terrific play ranging to his right for a game ending out. A perfect relay home from short left. A highlight on a tag at 2nd.

But we're going to sit jim, because he made an error in Game 2?

Wow.

This from the same fans who (correctly) called for letting the young guys play and get better rather than playing the vest in years past.

Take a deep breath, everybody.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Offensive and defensive consistency is a very large part of the maturation process. Some mature faster than others. He's only about 200 games into his ML career....he needs a bit more time. The final product will be worth waiting for.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He wasn't making it up about the sign.

Same thing happened tonight to Wong. (And believe me, I am not one to defend Wong, whose D is half as good as he thinks it is.)

Did you also notice that mainly white sign when the cubs were on the field?

That grounder was a tough play, and the cardinal scorer usually will give his team the hit because most players would not get to that ball, but then he ends the game with a play that we know maybe 1 or 2 players would get to.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL He doesnt make easy plays look hard. He has so much range he gets to balls that are hard to get to. I see you didnt talk about his excellent bunt on the safety squeeze and trust me, that was a tremendously hard bunt to get down. Turned out to be the winning run. Also, he doesnt have a full position because Zobrist is 36 and full time in the OF would probably be a disaster. Baez is a starter for any team in this league and probably is our starter before the season is done. Him and Russell are going to make up a top 3 middle infield for years and people make threads like this.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
LOL He doesnt make easy plays look hard. He has so much range he gets to balls that are hard to get to. I see you didnt talk about his excellent bunt on the safety squeeze and trust me, that was a tremendously hard bunt to get down. Turned out to be the winning run. Also, he doesnt have a full position because Zobrist is 36 and full time in the OF would probably be a disaster. Baez is a starter for any team in this league and probably is our starter before the season is done. Him and Russell are going to make up a top 3 middle infield for years and people make threads like this.
Soler is no longer with the team. Ommy has to have a player he can complain about. The target is now Baez. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
He's still a young player and prone to young player mistakes but if you don't see Javy Baez as one of the most exciting and enjoyable players to watch in the game, then I'm not sure what you're watching.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Soler is no longer with the team. Ommy has to have a player he can complain about. The target is now Baez. :)

FU. I'm making an observation that others on this forum deemed valid. Not a compaint, just an observation. But it's assholes like you that always have to start up and turn it into a personal war

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
FU. I'm making an observation that others on this forum deemed valid. Not a compaint, just an observation. But it's assholes like you that always have to start up and turn it into a personal war
I stand by my post. Much like you need a player on the Cubs to have a target on their back, you can't have a normal conversation with me.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ryne Sandberg was probably the best defensive 2B in Cubs history....the reason being that he knew his limitations and only went after what he could handle. No such limitations for Baez. He gets to balls Sandberg wouldn't dream of getting to...the trade off is that Baez will make more errors. Eventually, he'll learn when to eat the ball rather than complicate things further by hastily throwing it away. What I liked last night was the fact that he didn't let his errors scare him away from making that great play to close out the game. He's still a work in progress but anyone who watches baseball has to love what they're seeing from this kid.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I stand by my post. Much like you need a player on the Cubs to have a target on their back, you can't have a normal conversation with me.

I wasnt talking to you, asswsipe. You jumped in, as usual, and started with your usual trolling crap. How about giving it a rest all year. Better yet, I wont address any of your posts and you promise not to address any of mine

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I wasnt talking to you, asswsipe. You jumped in, as usual, and started with your usual trolling crap. How about giving it a rest all year. Better yet, I wont address any of your posts and you promise not to address any of mine
I can't agree to that. You'd think I would because it's not every day that posters tell me FU and call me asswipe or other names with every response they make. You must be a very pleasant person IRL.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I can't agree to that. You'd think I would because it's not every day that posters tell me FU and call me asswipe or other names with every response they make. You must be a very pleasant person IRL.

Didnt think you would agree. You just want to retain the ability to attack and troll me all summer. Very Predictable

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs won. Yea and stuff.