Official ??? BABY BOOMER ??? thread

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, he hasn't made a thread with a title of his reaction to what the thread is about instead of what the thread is about, so there's that....

Any day that @Urblock decides to participate in active threads over creating another bad thread is a victory for this entire website.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Any day that @Urblock decides to participate in active threads over creating another bad thread is a victory for this entire website.
talk-about-a-make-it-work-moment.jpg

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'll have to stop telling boomers in the office how to send an email with an attachment and rotate a PDF document.

You also won't have to take less pay because some dinosaur place holder is still working into his 70's for the fun of it when he doesn't need to while bitching about poor people needing to bootstrap.....

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Going to be a bitch for you guys when all us boomers die and stop making everything work.

The bitch is going to be cleaning up all the shit you fuckers hoarded for no good reason.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You also won't have to take less pay because some dinosaur place holder is still working into his 70's for the fun of it when he doesn't need to while bitching about poor people needing to bootstrap.....
In the last 6 months, my company has been laying off boomers in droves. You know, people who have ascended to made up titles and you have no idea what they actually do.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
In the last 6 months, my company has been laying off boomers in droves. You know, people who have ascended to made up titles and you have no idea what they actually do.

Those are the ones that I was referring to.

The ones that got their asses kicks in 2007/08 and then decided to work another decade, long after they made all of their 401k money back, but are still so scared to retire that they have to be forcibly put out to pasture.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Those are the ones that I was referring to.

The ones that got their asses kicks in 2007/08 and then decided to work another decade, long after they made all of their 401k money back, but are still so scared to retire that they have to be forcibly put out to pasture.
Just don't literally put them out to pasture, they'll be struck by lightning.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Going to be a bitch for you guys when all us boomers die and stop making everything work.

Out of curiosity, what is it that boomers make work that younger generations would not know how to do?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

What's funny is it is just the opposite in my place of employment. Boomer Paradise I tell you. A little Man Behind the Curtain moment for you CCS just because I think it ties nicely into this thread while still ignoring the obvious thread it should be in that Ommy derailed into oblivion last week.

So I work for Weigel Broadcasting. You Chicagoland natives that still acknowledge antenna television should know them best as channel 26 (WCIU), but in 2019 it is really a pair of “sister stations” that are the bread and butter here. “MeTV” and “MeToo” have been picked up just about everywhere and is specifically catering to the newly retired Boomers with great success. So in that aspect the Boomers are literally putting money in my bank account and probably account for the reemergence of my end of year bonus check as well.

Granted it's due to this universal fear of change combined with too much conditioning to tell the television what they should watch after decades of it working the other way around that is keeping them off of the streaming services that should have put me out of work by now.

So God bless all of you Boomers that just cannot comprehend that “I am just going to watch whatever is already on” rarely applies to television in 2019. You are the reason I can afford Netflix and Amazon Prime.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What's funny is it is just the opposite in my place of employment. Boomer Paradise I tell you. A little Man Behind the Curtain moment for you CCS just because I think it ties nicely into this thread while still ignoring the obvious thread it should be in that Ommy derailed into oblivion last week.

So I work for Weigel Broadcasting. You Chicagoland natives that still acknowledge antenna television should know them best as channel 26 (WCIU), but in 2019 it is really a pair of “sister stations” that are the bread and butter here. “MeTV” and “MeToo” have been picked up just about everywhere and is specifically catering to the newly retired Boomers with great success. So in that aspect the Boomers are literally putting money in my bank account and probably account for the reemergence of my end of year bonus check as well.

Granted it's due to this universal fear of change combined with too much conditioning to tell the television what they should watch after decades of it working the other way around that is keeping them off of the streaming services that should have put me out of work by now.

So God bless all of you Boomers that just cannot comprehend that “I am just going to watch whatever is already on” rarely applies to television in 2019. You are the reason I can afford Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Kinda funny that Boomer TV is literally MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Make love, not Warblock

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do you realize that you are probably part of the worst generation of Americans, probably ever. And there used to be slavery in this country.