Official ??? BABY BOOMER ??? thread

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
ATTN: Boomer Generation of America

RE: Shamed Again You Lazy Slobs

While you spend your Golden Years with Deck Beers and Fox News Fears...what are the Japanese Boomer Generation doing???

Oh yeah...dropping this EPIC METAL all up in your face like Hiroshima: The Sequel....

Step your game up Gramps!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's funny is it is just the opposite in my place of employment. Boomer Paradise I tell you. A little Man Behind the Curtain moment for you CCS just because I think it ties nicely into this thread while still ignoring the obvious thread it should be in that Ommy derailed into oblivion last week.

So I work for Weigel Broadcasting. You Chicagoland natives that still acknowledge antenna television should know them best as channel 26 (WCIU), but in 2019 it is really a pair of “sister stations” that are the bread and butter here. “MeTV” and “MeToo” have been picked up just about everywhere and is specifically catering to the newly retired Boomers with great success. So in that aspect the Boomers are literally putting money in my bank account and probably account for the reemergence of my end of year bonus check as well.

Granted it's due to this universal fear of change combined with too much conditioning to tell the television what they should watch after decades of it working the other way around that is keeping them off of the streaming services that should have put me out of work by now.

So God bless all of you Boomers that just cannot comprehend that “I am just going to watch whatever is already on” rarely applies to television in 2019. You are the reason I can afford Netflix and Amazon Prime.
I've never heard of me tv or me too tv, I do remember channel 26 didn't they call it the U, does it still exist? Congrats on your bonus :).

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never heard of me tv or me too tv

300x600_metv_wtw.jpg

I do remember channel 26 didn't they call it the U, does it still exist?

CrNyiRoUkAA1zAY.jpg

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ATTN: Boomer Generation of America

RE: Shamed Again You Lazy Slobs

While you spend your Golden Years with Deck Beers and Fox News Fears...what are the Japanese Boomer Generation doing???

Oh yeah...dropping this EPIC METAL all up in your face like Hiroshima: The Sequel....

Step your game up Gramps!
Shabadabadia Shabadabadia babababa!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
In another twenty years this thread won't matter anymore.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strange thought hit me reading through this thread. I have been conversing with at least halve of the people here for close to 20 years on Bears message boards. Yet you are all so young, or so you say.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strange thought hit me reading through this thread. I have been conversing with at least halve of the people here for close to 20 years on Bears message boards. Yet you are all so young, or so you say.

I am a quintessential "Generation X" guy. I figure I only got about 15 years to mercilessly troll the Boomers for ruining everything before those pesky Millennials come after me.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am a quintessential "Generation X" guy. I figure I only got about 15 years to mercilessly troll the Boomers for ruining everything before those pesky Millennials come after me.

They should be already, for our generation's nihilism.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Fortunately that generation is obsessed with things that are "trending" and trashing Boomers is way hip right now.

Which is surprising since so many of them are still being supported by their parents. I prefer Generation Z. They understand technology so much better than Millennials.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Which is surprising since so many of them are still being supported by their parents. I prefer Generation Z. They understand technology so much better than Millennials.

Do they?

Right now Boomers, GenX, and Millenials are building and maintaining most tech.... GenZ is just coming on the scene.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Do they?

Right now Boomers, GenX, and Millenials are building and maintaining most tech.... GenZ is just coming on the scene.

They do and they’re not addicted to Adderall.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You know an awful lot about the technical understanding of a loosely defined group of people.
I'd bet they have a better understanding than the boomers...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd bet they have a better understanding than the boomers...

Some... yes... if we're using generalizations, yeah Gen Z will run circles around Boomers on tech.

However, the current top of tech leadership in the U.S. is made up of Gen X and Boomers, with Millennials like myself climbing the ladder.

Gen Z simply isn't old enough to own tech yet.... they have a small bit of that pie chart, but it is still mostly Millennials, Gen X, and Boomers.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My lil bro (born in '96) can't make it from his apartment to my house (about 15 miles) without using a GPS on his phone. He's been to my house over 20 times since I moved in. That generation might be stupid.

@WestCoastBearsFan would disagree. Remember, they grew up with the interwebz.