***Official*** College Football Thread (Vol. 2020 season)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mizzou has a weak schedule for the first eight weeks until they play Georgia. The St Louis sports stations had them 8-0 and Top 10 by the time they would meet Georgia.

They lost to Wyoming. :)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lolololololol

So much for this dipshit Oregon QB. He threw that last pass straight out of the fucking endzone by about a good 10yds. It would have made Cutler blush!!!!
That was one pathetic throw.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mizzou has a weak schedule for the first eight weeks until they play Georgia. The St Louis sports stations had them 8-0 and Top 10 by the time they would meet Georgia.

They lost to Wyoming. :)

SEC bullshit.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luck swings to the home team. Took a dirty knee from Auburn to win. Sad that such a classless school would resort to such tactics.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kind of an uneventful opening weekend. Louisville is the last hope for a big upset; maybe their new offensive scheme can create problems tonight

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Notre dame and Louisville tied at 14-14 in the 2nd.

Lets go Cards!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Louisville hanging with ND.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At least there are some good games next week

LSU @ Texas
TAMU @ Clemson
Nebraska @ Colorado
Stanford @ USC
Cincinnati @ OSU is even intriguing

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Kind of an uneventful opening weekend. Louisville is the last hope for a big upset; maybe their new offensive scheme can create problems tonight

I thought it was eventful. Here is from what I watched:

*Nevada kicker gets scholarship, proves to be better than Bears kicker

*Illinois finally has QB who can pass the ball more than 10 yards

* Whoever gave Tennessee a top25 vote should have their vote taken away. Georgia State isn't even a decent small program...they are terrible.

*So sick of watching Oregon QB, Auburn QB and their fathers. Kind of a ridiculous game. So many 'game management' errors, and whenever Auburn had the ball I was stuck watching some split-screen garbage of Malzhan yelling, the Auburn QB looking clueless, and the Auburn QB's dad watching nothing happen on the field. My favorite moment was Oregon's QB getting hurt trying to convert a 3rd down, Oregon's coach calling a timeout thinking he can get his QB back in the game, then Oregon's coach saying 'screw it' and going for it on 4th down with his backup midget QB. HUH?

*Best game I saw was Boise-FSU. Neutral site game played at FSU's home stadium! FSU first few plays were bubble screens that went for 80-yard TDs with FSU WRs simply outrunning everyone on Boise. Looked like a blowout. FSU up 31-6 at one point, then the wheels fell off in the 2nd half. Late in the game Boise scored an apparent game-clinching TD, but the refs took it away with a phantom offensive PI call on Boise. Even with this typical FSU gift, FSU still couldn't score a point in the 2nd half. Ick.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LSU-Texas will be great.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Michigan in deep shit against Army. They're playing horrendous. Harbaugh may have one foot out the door if they drop this one.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sick to see Michigan escape. Army had 2nd and goal at the 1 and didn't score. Would have put them up 14. Damn.

I liked seeing TN lose as they did. I was in Nashville listening to the assclown Clay Travis during their coaching search. I certainly have no love for or allegiance to Greg Schiano, but they railroaded him and the whole search was a mess. Then they land their 23rd choice and act like they signed Saban 2.0 Two terrible losses in the first two weeks. I love it. They had a 3 point lead with BYU 80 yards away in final seconds, and found a way to lose.

Syracuse and Dino Babers got way too much love and too much hype. #21 lost by 43!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
SEC has the 3 of the 5 best teams in the country.

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. UGA
5. OSU
6. Oklahoma

After that, its a bunch of teams that are merely good but not contenders. Utah might sneak into the playoff conversation out west.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Sick to see Michigan escape. Army had 2nd and goal at the 1 and didn't score. Would have put them up 14. Damn.

I liked seeing TN lose as they did. I was in Nashville listening to the assclown Clay Travis during their coaching search. I certainly have no love for or allegiance to Greg Schiano, but they railroaded him and the whole search was a mess. Then they land their 23rd choice and act like they signed Saban 2.0 Two terrible losses in the first two weeks. I love it. They had a 3 point lead with BYU 80 yards away in final seconds, and found a way to lose.

Syracuse and Dino Babers got way too much love and too much hype. #21 lost by 43!

Agree with all of this. Of the teams getting Top 25 preseason votes, I really didn't understand the love for Tennessee, Syracuse and Nebraska. None of those programs have done anything for several years now. It was like the Cleveland Browns build up.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would have been nice to see Michigan lose. It was great to watch Nebraska implode though to put those fans in their place.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gameday in Ames for the Iowa - ISU game

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gameday in Ames for the Iowa - ISU game
Cyclone fans going bonkers over this. Also, very mad that their team dropped out of the rankings after a bye and going into triple OT with UNI week1 lol