***Official*** Akiem Hicks elbow injury thread.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It's looking like 8 weeks for Hicks. I guess we're lucky to have him back for the playoffs...if we make it. But he's pretty much a scratch until the last few games of the season.

(670 The Score) The Bears are expecting to be without Pro Bowl defensive lineman Akiem Hicks for an extended period of time after he suffered a left elbow injury in a loss to the Raiders on Oct. 6, coach Matt Nagy said on WBBM Newsradio 780 on Monday morning.

The team is preparing to move forward without Hicks for much of this season. The injury occurred eight plays into the Bears' loss to the Raiders at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as teammate Khalil Mack struck Hicks' left elbow.

"We're hoping that he's definitely able to return here by the season's end," Nagy said during his regular appearance on WBBM Newsradio 780. "We'll find out exactly where that's at. That's our goal."

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's looking like 8 weeks for Hicks. I guess we're lucky to have him back for the playoffs...if we make it. But he's pretty much a scratch until the last few games of the season.

(670 The Score) The Bears are expecting to be without Pro Bowl defensive lineman Akiem Hicks for an extended period of time after he suffered a left elbow injury in a loss to the Raiders on Oct. 6, coach Matt Nagy said on WBBM Newsradio 780 on Monday morning.

The team is preparing to move forward without Hicks for much of this season. The injury occurred eight plays into the Bears' loss to the Raiders at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as teammate Khalil Mack struck Hicks' left elbow.

"We're hoping that he's definitely able to return here by the season's end," Nagy said during his regular appearance on WBBM Newsradio 780. "We'll find out exactly where that's at. That's our goal."
Where do you get 8 weeks out of that? That would be 2 weeks longer than a dislocated elbow generally takes to heal.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Where do you get 8 weeks out of that? That would be 2 weeks longer than a dislocated elbow generally takes to heal.

Nagy said they're hoping to having him by 'season's end.' I guess you could interpret that differently but it sounds to me like he means right at the end of the season.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Nagy also said he could go on IR, Bears have good depth but this sucks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What does it mean for an elbow dislocation to heal? Please explain why that is a 6 week injury.
It can totally be a six week heal even for a broken elbow. Add a couple weeks PT to get full extension back, and that's for normal ppl without the resources bears have.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It can totally be a six week heal even for a broken elbow. Add a couple weeks PT to get full extension back, and that's for normal ppl without the resources bears have.

I disagree but we will see. I have no doubt he will try to fight his way on to the field this season but I stand by the idea that he won’t be anywhere near ?. That’s if we see him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Run defense will struggle mightily against bigger OLines. Det, Philly, NO, Dall will all have their way in the ground game. Oakland just proved that.

Not sure how the defense gets off the field with a reduced pass rush & mediocre run d

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Wonder if Pace looks at any DLinemen

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does it mean for an elbow dislocation to heal? Please explain why that is a 6 week injury.
Because there are numerous sports medicine write ups on the web all saying the average healing timeline of a dislocated elbow is 6-8 weeks. I tend to feel pro athletes come back closer to the low end of these timelines due to their medical resources and constant rehab.

Hicks has already shown hes willing to put in rehab work.