Official CCS Grillmasters thread

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO pellet smokers are for men that want to take all of the guess work and artfulness out of cooking, or women who are scared of an unattended fire, who all want their ribs to turn out as good as my 30 minute ribs, but in like 6 hours instead, while they are free to go golfing or shopping or whatever while the meat cooks.
Yeah there is some truth to that . Smoking as i write this

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Kinda like 30 minute ribs
He literally used charcoal, has there been some huge jump in charcoal technology that I'm not aware of?

I mean I know they put the little ribs on it and inject it with lighter fluid but it's not the nineties anymore dude.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So yesterday I bought a 6lb chunk of brisket flat.

I decided to slit it open and shove jelly beans inside, then I cranked the firebox to 600 degrees and put the meat directly on the charcoal.

I tried feeding it to durnk Urblock, but he wouldn't eat it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
@Burque , have you done a Salmon yet ? I'm curious if you tried that brine recipe i sent your way
I haven't yet. I need to get on that. I've been on a beef and pork kick this summer.

Honestly, I just need to plan it for a meal and that will make it happen.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Getting the smoker prepped now. Going to make some leg quarters. Put them in some olive oil, with a bunch of seasonings, and letting them sit in the fridge for a few hrs. Going to smoke at about 225-250 until the internal temp gets 5-10 degrees short of done, pull them and then finish in the broiler to get the skin crisp. Then brush a little warm sauce on at the very end.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Leq quarters on:

sjN1Rmh.jpg

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just made some burgers tonight. Nothing special. Came out good though.

Cooking for like 15 people tomorrow though. Gonna make quarters again because they are cheap, and I can pack a lot of them on my smoker. This last batch was a dry run to make sure I had it nailed in advance of that.

Probably gonna do a big tub of brats in onion/beer/etc too and finish on the kettle grill. It's easy and I know it will be good. Plus a bunch of sides.

Up next though, when I'm not concerned about volume, I want to smoke a beef roast, maybe a rump roast or something. Crust with a bunch of pepper etc, slice super thin and make sandwiches out of it with some kind of horseradish sauce. This one looks good as a starting point: