Official CCS Grillmasters thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ares Log - 11:06 hrs

Brisket been stalled at 154 for a good 90 mins, took it out and wrapped it.

Pork butts are looking good, one is lagging behind the other, 154 vs 147 internal.

3 more hours and I will move these to the oven to finish and begin on the ribs.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ares Log - 11:27 hrs

Comcast went down... working off my hotspot.... h8 f***ing Comcast.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ares Log - 11:53 hrs

Comcast still down, bunch of cunty fuckwads.

Switched the positions of the pork butts, so the lagging one gets more heat, 160 vs 153 right now.

Brisket temp finally rose 154 to 156, first time in like 2 hrs it rose.

I smell like a fucking campfire from all the smoke I've been blasted with.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ares Log - 16:18 hrs

Brisket is done, up to temp, wrapped in foil and a towel, waiting in the cooler.

Pork butts are 183 and 187, rising slower than I'd like.... cranked the oven to 250 once the brisket was out.

Hoping to have those done in the next 60-90 mins.

Ribs are about to get wrapped, finish up around the same time as the pork butts.

Get it all in coolers wrapped, just waiting on guests to arrive.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
@Ares whatcha gonna do with so much meat goodness?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok... I almost feel like this needs it's own thread... but I'll check here first.

Who all has a Blackstone or some other brand's gas griddle? How long have you had it? How do you like it? Did you cook on it for a couple weeks and then forget about it? Any non-breakfast or burgers meals that you would recommend?

I just got one this past weekend after resisting for over a year. I went with the 22" model so I could "comfortably" take it camping with me. I'm not big into griddle cooking yet, so I'm still learning about cooking with steam and separate cook domes. The flank steak I cooked yesterday came out great and bacon&eggs came out as expected.
I've got a two burner Camp Chef, and I also have a cast iron griddle I can put on top of the burners. I love the thing. Only things I ever use the griddle for are smashburgers and breakfast, but having two solid burners with good temp control you can put pots and pans on opens up a lot of versatility.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ares Log - 16:18 hrs

Brisket is done, up to temp, wrapped in foil and a towel, waiting in the cooler.

Pork butts are 183 and 187, rising slower than I'd like.... cranked the oven to 250 once the brisket was out.

Hoping to have those done in the next 60-90 mins.

Ribs are about to get wrapped, finish up around the same time as the pork butts.

Get it all in coolers wrapped, just waiting on guests to arrive.
Much anticipation

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@Ares what are you trying to get those butts to? 195? Apologies if already answered, didn't go back through all of this...

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've got a two burner Camp Chef, and I also have a cast iron griddle I can put on top of the burners. I love the thing. Only things I ever use the griddle for are smashburgers and breakfast, but having two solid burners with good temp control you can put pots and pans on opens up a lot of versatility.

Nice. I’m definitely diggin griddle cooking. I took it to work and cooked breakfast outside for me and a few of the coworkers. Bacon, eggs and hash browns. Having a basting dome is almost a necessity as it allows you to be much more versatile in your cooking methods. I knew as soon as 2 of my coworkers saw it in action they would be purchasing one for themselves. Within 10 minutes (separately mind you) they each said they were going to get one. One is going for the 36” 4 burner as opposed to my 2 burner, 22”er.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nice. I’m definitely diggin griddle cooking. I took it to work and cooked breakfast outside for me and a few of the coworkers. Bacon, eggs and hash browns. Having a basting dome is almost a necessity as it allows you to be much more versatile in your cooking methods. I knew as soon as 2 of my coworkers saw it in action they would be purchasing one for themselves. Within 10 minutes (separately mind you) they each said they were going to get one. One is going for the 36” 4 burner as opposed to my 2 burner, 22”er.
Nice. This is the one I ended up getting, only 2 burners, but they are great:

There are higher end models out there, but this one does what I want it to.

Then I got this:

Between that, my Weber Kettle, Smokey Moutain, and a fish cleaning table with a sink I picked up from Bass Pro, and a couple of cast iron pieces (dutch oven, some skillets)...I basically have a fully functional outdoor kitchen I can take anywhere, and cook anything. Also good for hurricane reasons.

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ares log....

tumblr_oss5pvO7GP1sp8r7co1_r1_540.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't get all the finishing pics I wanted... people showed up and wanted to eat, so I had someone else shred the pork butts while I carved up the brisket and ribs.

uTHClnj.jpg

4VhHdSU.jpg

JKUjDCZ.jpg

6xoqMI3.jpg

o2swgXN.jpg

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I shoot for 203 for brisket and pork butt
Looks good @Ares , i have a brisket going in tonight at midnight or so. Hope fully it will be done by 2:00 pm tomorrow. Setting pellet grill at 220* , IT 195 -200 , its in refrigerator all ready trimmed ,cross checked and rubbed. I thought about injecting it with beef broth, i dont know i might , or might not.
2 Salmon fillets to go in brine tonight also waiting their turn.

Attachments

• DSC02881.JPG
    DSC02881.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 3

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
@Ares what are you trying to get those butts to? 195? Apologies if already answered, didn't go back through all of this...
I'm sure @Ares has already responded to this, but 203 Degrees is the correct answer...

You can go anywhere over 200 and up to 205 and still be in good shape. 203 is the perfect IT.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sure @Ares has already responded to this, but 203 Degrees is the correct answer...

You can go anywhere over 200 and up to 205 and still be in good shape. 203 is the perfect IT.

203 is what I aim for... right there with ya

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think when you probe it and it feels l ike butter thats when its done. That could be anywhere between 195*- 205*
When i wrap it and put it in a cooler the internal temps will rise. I pulled mine at 196* , that was the sweet spot where it felt like going into butter.