Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Titles are what counts. They have six. The Bulls had six in eight years and actually won them when the NBA was fiercely competitive. If Jordan’s father wasn’t murdered, they most likely win eight in a row.

The UCLA Bruins under Wooden won ten titles in twelve years. The competition was anyone playing Division One hoops so certainly not “limited.” At one point, they won 72 games in a row.

The Montreal Canadians and the Yankees had multiple dynasties.

Tell me how baseball ever had “limited competition.”

Let me know when the patriots get to play a seven game series. There is literally one player still on the team from their first championship. To do it with that kind of turnover in this era while constantly picking at the back end of drafts is far more impressive than any other dynasty. Lol @even mentioning basketball. Two great players on one team is enough to dominate a decade.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s an asinine comment. Depending on intent, it can be trolling, sarcasm or stupidity. That’s it.
Or a giggle in that sarcastic form.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great... Packers and Minnesota get to avoid Mahomes.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great... Packers and Minnesota get to avoid Mahomes.
The Bears don't have to fear them. The Colts defense was able to control the line of scrimmage.

I wouldn't want to miss Mahommes vs this defense. He doesn't have a mental clock either. The arrogance of youth. A good day to break it a bit. You try to buy time on the Bears then prepare for a long week in the ice bath.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Let me know when the patriots get to play a seven game series. There is literally one player still on the team from their first championship. To do it with that kind of turnover in this era while constantly picking at the back end of drafts is far more impressive than any other dynasty. Lol @even mentioning basketball. Two great players on one team is enough to dominate a decade.

Well you have Trump and the crazy guy agreeing with you. That’s about right.

Let me know when teams in other sports can win a championship by winning three games.

When Jordan was playing in the NBA there were multiple teams that had two and in some cases three dominant/hall of fame type players.
Also, do you really think it’s tougher to win a title in Football than Baseball?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well you have Trump and the crazy guy agreeing with you. That’s about right.

Let me know when teams in other sports can win a championship by winning three games.

When Jordan was playing in the NBA there were multiple teams that had two and in some cases three dominant/hall of fame type players.
Also, do you really think it’s tougher to win a title in Football than Baseball?

Um, cool? You have no one agreeing with you, which sounds about right. You seem to be confusing historical franchise success with actual dynasties. If that's what we're talking about, then Yankees win hands down. Hell, Patriots aren't even the greatest franchise in their own sport. But it isn't. We're talking about periods of dominance. And if you take the time to look up any recent articles on the subject, the consensus tends to have the exact same opinion as I.

And as far as baseball, it is much tougher now that the league has been trying to add parity, which is why the Yankees have only won once since the late 90s/00 when they were able to simply stack their teams with the best players by outspending everyone. If they added a hard cap like the NFL, I doubt you see the type of maintained dominance as the patriots have had. And before you bother, I know the Yankees built a great farm system in that time. It's nice that baseball allows teams to develop players without actual detriment to the major League team. Imagine being able to do that in football.

Going to college. You get to recruit the best players, and the best schools tend to have an advantage with that. Imagine if Belichick could go out and recruit the best players for his NFL squad, as opposed to being on the back end of the draft for 20 seasons.

As for the bulls, it lasted eight seasons. We're talking almost twenty years of outright dominance by the patriots with constant roster turnover. One of the players when they started their run is now a coach. The Bulls had a great run, one of the best, but once they turned over the roster, it was over. And basketball is ridiculous anyway. You can look at every few years and watch teams dominate for a decent period, and the second three peat for the Bulls really was against a watered down league with the expansion. That said, this is the dynasty I think challenges the Patriots most, simply because they never lost, and it was more of a modern era. But, for one, it's basketball, and two, the Patriots are doing it in a league and era that is designed to prevent this very thing from happening.

And finally, if you ever gave belichick a best of 5-7 game series to prepare for a team, which completely would eliminate any kind of luck factor, I seriously doubt they'd ever lose. Do you honestly think one and done is more beneficial than a seven game series? If basketball were one and done, the Bulls win two championships.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Wow, I’m not confusing anything. I understand dynasties and just do not agree about the Patriots. I’ve given you numerous examples of teams that have won as many or more titles during their dynasty periods but you’re impressed by six titles in 20 years playing consistently in one of the weakest divisions in football which has often helped them get home field advantage in the playoffs. They’re a great organization and Brady is one of most recognizable figures in all of sports but there are more impressive accomplishments than the Pats’ run.

The Jordan Bulls won six and were never beaten in a championship round. The Pats lost to Eli Manning twice and Nick Foles. They benefited from the complete idiocy of Pete Carroll and Kyle Shanahan for two of their other titles as well.

Again, I’ll take the Canadiens, UCLA Bruins, the Bulls and several periods in Yankees’ history over the Pats any day.

If they win it all this year, I will re-visit the discussion because going back to back in football on top of everything else they’ve accomplished is certainly impressive.

Last edited:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, I’m not confusing anything. I understand dynasties and just do not agree about the Patriots. I’ve given you numerous examples of teams that have won as many or more titles during their dynasty periods but you’re impressed by six titles in 20 years playing consistently in one of the weakest divisions in football which has often helped them get home field advantage in the playoffs. They’re a great organization and Brady is one of most recognizable figures in all of sports but there are more impressive accomplishments than the Pat’s run.

The Jordan Bulls won six and were never beaten in a championship round. The Pats lost to Eli Manning twice and Nick Foles. They benefited from the complete idiocy of Pete Carroll and Kyle Shanahan for two of their other titles as well.

Again, I’ll take the Canadiens, UCLA Bruins, the Bulls and several periods in Yankees’ history over the Pats any day.

If they win it all this year, I will re-visit the discussion because going back to back in football on top of everything else they’ve accomplished is certainly impressive.

Look who decided to make an appearance ???. Are you still on Trubisky’s d0nk?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Look who decided to make an appearance ???. Are you still on Trubisky’s d0nk?

I‘m glad to see your mom turns on the WiFi early in her basement. Keep in mind, I have a life and don’t reside on this board like you.

It’s pretty humorous that you would be calling me out considering myself, Bort and a few others wanted the Bears to draft Mahomes. I was one of the few that defended him against the rap he had bad mechanics and was baby Jay Cutler because I actually saw him play many times. There is nothing like velocity and anticipation combined with accuracy from different throwing platforms. Unlike a guy like Baker Mayfield, Mahomes played with a mediocre crew (at best) at Tech and he made the whole team better. Mayfield played on the best team in the Big 12 with great weapons and an incredible offensive line. He stood back there and threw to wide open guys all day long. Plus, he’s an asshole.

I mentioned too I was amazed how Mahomes could roll left as a right handed QB and throw pinpoint darts with accuracy and zip. It’s incredibly tough to do. He was a great guy at Tech too. Humble kid that was easy to coach...

Regarding Trubisky, I refuse to be a sheep because I’ve watched a hell of a lot of pro football and witnessed a number of talented guys struggle mightily early in their careers that would have been damn happy with the year Mitch had last year. The Bears drafted the biggest project by far. Everyone seemed to acknowledge it at the time. Now people are surprised he’s taken longer to develop?

When John Elway came into the league it was like he never played football before. He was drafted first and it certainly didn’t help because Marino dominated from the minute he stepped on a NFL field and he was the fifth QB taken that year. Drew Brees was awful. He was ripped unceremoniously from the field by Doug Flutie during his struggles. Lots of people are clamoring for Alex Smith and it took him about six years to develop. Terry Bradshaw was so bad that he was replaced several times by both Terry Hanratty and Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam before the light went on. There are many others.

Mitch may suck. I didn’t watch him at North Carolina outside of the Illinois game and that didn’t tell me anything. Suggesting he’s done and will never improve is exactly why it won’t matter what young QB is brought in here. Unless a player is fantastic out of the box, the media and fan base will make the situation toxic in a hurry. There were people booing Mitch at a Bulls game before he had ever played a down which I find incredibly classy.

The Bears were 12-4 last year after starting 3-3. This year they are 3-3 and have definitely suffered a couple of losses that were tough to watch. There’s a lot of football left. I’m going to try to enjoy it and I hope Mitch plays great.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wow, I’m not confusing anything. I understand dynasties and just do not agree about the Patriots. I’ve given you numerous examples of teams that have won as many or more titles during their dynasty periods but you’re impressed by six titles in 20 years playing consistently in one of the weakest divisions in football which has often helped them get home field advantage in the playoffs. They’re a great organization and Brady is one of most recognizable figures in all of sports but there are more impressive accomplishments than the Pats’ run.

Again, the Patriots doing what they are doing in a time that is specifically built to prevent them from doing so makes it far more impressive than any other dynasty. It doesn't matter if you revisit, they've already gone back-to-back during their run, as well as won three of the last five years. It's laughable watching you trying to diminish a 20 year period of dominance because they've lost a few due to last second heroics, then go on about teams that play in series' where the talent and coaching is easier to show out.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Again, the Patriots doing what they are doing in a time that is specifically built to prevent them from doing so makes it far more impressive than any other dynasty. It doesn't matter if you revisit, they've already gone back-to-back during their run, as well as won three of the last five years. It's laughable watching you trying to diminish a 20 year period of dominance because they've lost a few due to last second heroics, then go on about teams that play in series' where the talent and coaching is easier to show out.

I hope you enjoy your Pats. Any team that lost twice to Eli Manning and once to Foles will never be the top dynasty for me.

Just in football, I’ll take the Montana followed up by Young Niners any day of the week.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I‘m glad to see your mom turns on the WiFi early in her basement. Keep in mind, I have a life and don’t reside on this board like you.

It’s pretty humorous that you would be calling me out considering myself, Bort and a few others wanted the Bears to draft Mahomes. I was one of the few that defended him against the rap he had bad mechanics and was baby Jay Cutler because I actually saw him play many times. There is nothing like velocity and anticipation combined with accuracy from different throwing platforms. Unlike a guy like Baker Mayfield, Mahomes played with a mediocre crew (at best) at Tech and he made the whole team better. Mayfield played on the best team in the Big 12 with great weapons and an incredible offensive line. He stood back there and threw to wide open guys all day long. Plus, he’s an asshole.

I mentioned too I was amazed how Mahomes could roll left as a right handed QB and throw pinpoint darts with accuracy and zip. It’s incredibly tough to do. He was a great guy at Tech too. Humble kid that was easy to coach...

Regarding Trubisky, I refuse to be a sheep because I’ve watched a hell of a lot of pro football and witnessed a number of talented guys struggle mightily early in their careers that would have been damn happy with the year Mitch had last year. The Bears drafted the biggest project by far. Everyone seemed to acknowledge it at the time. Now people are surprised he’s taken longer to develop?

When John Elway came into the league it was like he never played football before. He was drafted first and it certainly didn’t help because Marino dominated from the minute he stepped on a NFL field and he was the fifth QB taken that year. Drew Brees was awful. He was ripped unceremoniously from the field by Doug Flutie during his struggles. Lots of people are clamoring for Alex Smith and it took him about six years to develop. Terry Bradshaw was so bad that he was replaced several times by both Terry Hanratty and Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam before the light went on. There are many others.

Mitch may suck. I didn’t watch him at North Carolina outside of the Illinois game and that didn’t tell me anything. Suggesting he’s done and will never improve is exactly why it won’t matter what young QB is brought in here. Unless a player is fantastic out of the box, the media and fan base will make the situation toxic in a hurry. There were people booing Mitch at a Bulls game before he had ever played a down which I find incredibly classy.

The Bears were 12-4 last year after starting 3-3. This year they are 3-3 and have definitely suffered a couple of losses that were tough to watch. There’s a lot of football left. I’m going to try to enjoy it and I hope Mitch plays great.

Did it take you that long to come up with that zinger?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Did it take you that long to come up with that zinger?

I think truth is always a bit more harsh than sarcasm. I’m pretty sure I’m in the right neighborhood.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:

The NFL is different now. It heavily favors the passing game. You have late round QBs coming in and playing serviceable which was practically unheard of outside a couple players in each DECADE. Now you have a few guys from one draft class doing it.

Really just cannot compare the passing game in 2019 to the early 2000s or prior at all.

Are you telling me Trubisky is a bigger project than Minshew and Kyle Allen? Because bears fans would actually accept that level of production right now but he cannot even perform like that. He’s really bad dude, not just average. NFL.com rates him 32 and there are backups in front of him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I hope you enjoy your Pats. Any team that lost twice to Eli Manning and once to Foles will never be the top dynasty for me.

Just in football, I’ll take the Montana followed up by Young Niners any day of the week.

I do enjoy watching the greatest sports dynasty of all time. I can practically guarantee if the Bears had the same success over the same amount of time you would be falling all over yourself about how great they are.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The NFL is different now. It heavily favors the passing game. You have late round QBs coming in and playing serviceable which was practically unheard of outside a couple players in each DECADE. Now you have a few guys from one draft class doing it.

Really just cannot compare the passing game in 2019 to the early 2000s or prior at all.

Are you telling me Trubisky is a bigger project than Minshew and Kyle Allen? Because bears fans would actually accept that level of production right now but he cannot even perform like that. He’s really bad dude, not just average. NFL.com rates him 32 and there are backups in front of him.

Mitch was playing better than both of those guys last year. What caused the regression?

Minshew sucks and the league is already catching up with him. The guy carrying Carolina is McCaffrey not Allen.

You may want to re-visit your statement on late round QBs back in those days. I can name several that took teams to and in some instances won Super Bowls.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I do enjoy watching the greatest sports dynasty of all time. I can practically guarantee if the Bears had the same success over the same amount of time you would be falling all over yourself about how great they are.

I didn’t say they aren’t great. They’re just not the best. They’re not even the best in football. The Niners were better and were never defeated in the Super Bowl. They also took down two different Hall of Fame QBs over their 5 wins. They had to compete with coaches like Parcells, Gibbs and Shula in that era. They also regularly pounded the Ditka Bears except for the ‘85 season. Their coach invented an offensive system that is still utilized in some fashion by almost every team in today’s game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I didn’t say they aren’t great. They’re just not the best. They’re not even the best in football. The Niners were better and were never defeated in the Super Bowl. They also took down two different Hall of Fame QBs over their 5 wins. They had to compete with coaches like Parcells, Gibbs and Shula in that era. They also regularly pounded the Ditka Bears except for the ‘85 season. Their coach invented an offensive system that is still utilized in some fashion by almost every team in today’s game.

That's fine, pretty much everyone disagrees with you.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

How's flipping burgers treating you? I hope the raise the minimum wage so you can get paid more. Enjoy your 8.25