***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Broncos (Revenge of the Vic Edition)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears 2019 Season: Week 2

Sunday September 15th - 3:25pm CST @

invesco-field-at-mile-high-denver-bill-cobb.jpg

Watch live on

WFLDFox32News.png

Or listen on

bearsradio-logo_2011.jpg

INJURY REPORT

Screenshot_2019-09-14 Injury Report The Official Website of the Chicago Bears.png
Screenshot_2019-09-14 Injury Report The Official Website of the Chicago Bears(1).png
Screenshot_2019-09-12 Injury Report The Official Website of the Chicago Bears(2).png

index.php

ALLEN ROBINSON vs CHRIS HARRIS JR

Vic Fangio successfully lured Bryce Callahan away from Chicago, but apparently Callahan has been nursing a foot injury all summer and sat out the MNF game. In serious danger of missing Week 2 or at least being far from 100%, that leaves 30 year old Chris Harris as the only thing resembling an NFL Cornerback in that secondary. Allen Robinson has the height, the reach and the momentum, being the only good piece of the Bear Offense last Thursday, to easily have another six or seven catch game, but can one get Chicago it's first TD of 2019?

CHARLES LENO/BOBBY MASSIE vs VON MILLER/BRADLEY CHUBB

The good news is that Miller and Chubb were completely neutralized by the, supposed to be, complete clown show calling itself a NFL franchise in Oakland, California...at least for a few more months. The bad news is that is very unlikely to happen two weeks in a row, especially back in the thin air of @Mile High Stadium, where big men like Leno & Massie tend to struggle the most. Can the Chicago OL clean itself up with the extra few days off? Will the Denver DL continue to be mediocre with far less days off?

MATT NAGY vs MATT NAGY

Absolutely no question that Matt Nagy out-Matt Nagyed himself in a brutal debut for the reigning Coach of the Year's offense. Mitchell 2.0 looked like Mitchell -12.8. Anthony Miller, a second round pick for the second time in 2019, could have caught the game from the McCaskey's skybox for all anyone new. With all the offseason work done to revamp the RB position and bringing in four dozen kickers for some weird “Boot Camp” sponsored by the number '43'...Matt Nagy responded with a unprecedented Matt Nagy to the tune of 15 rushes to 45 passes and one FG attempt in a 60 minute one score game. Can Matt Nagy quiet Matt Nagy long enough to show Matt Nagy that he does not always have to go all Matt Nagy especially when Matt Nagy can simply tell his inner Matt Nagy that sometimes it is just fine to go all Ron Turner. It will never be as Matt Nagy as Matt Nagy, but it will still get you that 'W' on your way to another match-up that just screams: “UNLEASH THE MATT NAGY!!!”

index.php

In the last twenty seasons, the Denver Broncos have only lost their home opener game once (2011). That game was the first regular season game coached by Ex- Bear HC John Fox with Ex-Bear QB Kyle Orton under center. It also featured next to no offense for fifty minutes where most of the game's scoring was done with Sebastian Janikowski's leg...who would tie a NFL record that afternoon for the longest FG (63 yards).

index.php

PASSING
Dear Sweet Mitchell

i

ATTCOMPYDSCP %YDS/ATTTDINTLONGSACKRATE

RECEIVING
Allen Robinson

i

RECEPTIONSYARDSYDS PER RECLONGTD

RUSHING
Mike Davis

i

ATTEMPTSYARDSYDS PER ATTLONGTD

index.php

TACKLES
Kyle Fuller

i

SOLOCOMBINEDTOTAL
6N/A6

INTERCEPTIONS
Kyle Fuller

i

Kyle Fuller had a team leading two pass deflections in Week One.

SACKS
NardFlo

i

PLAYERSACKS
Leonard Floyd2.0
Roy Robertson-Harris1.0
Akiem Hicks1.0
Aaron Lynch1.0
TOTAL TEAM SACKS5.0

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bears win.

I hope.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Sigh.. here we go

Mitch Trubisky: 19-30, 202 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 3 rushes, 14 yards.
David Montgomery: 14 carries, 40 yards, 1 TD, 2 receptions, 15 yards.
Allen Robinson: 6 receptions, 71 yards.

Bears 20
Broncos 13

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Flacco fumbles the snap in the endzone, resulting in a safety.

Broncos nail a 49 yard field goal at the half to take a 3-2 lead.

Early in the 4th, Bears pin the Broncos inside the 5. 3rd and long, Flacco rolls out and has to throw it away, however, there's a flag for holding. Another safety.

Bears manage to keep the ball long enough and Flacco does nothing for 8 minutes.

Bears win 4-3.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want to see Pineiro try a 70 yarder in that thin Denver air...

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
I've been checking out the comments of Bronco fans and Bears fans leading up to this.......kind of funny that both teams fan bases expect to lose the game.

My thoughts on this one.

The Bears D is elite (you didn't need me to tell you this) The Broncos have real issues on their O-line. The LT, Garrett Bowles, SUCKS. They will be starting a backup at RT. He most likely will suck. The Bronocs O-line isn't good and has no depth. Flacco can't run away from anything. There will be real oppertunities for QB carnage here. The Broncos will want to establish the run, but their O is predictable. Also, keep an eye on #87 TE Noah Fant. Rookie TE out of Iowa. He CAN NOT BLOCK. He makes up for it with poor route running, holding penalties and playing slower than his 40 time.

For those of you who didn't see the very late MNF game between the Broncos and Raiders....it was stunning to see the Broncos D, ask Von Miller and Bradley Chubb to drop into coverage so frequently. Broncos fans had thought Fangio was going to make the D better....instead he is taking perfectly good round pegs and shoving them into square holes. Denver had 0 sacks....and 0 pressures. Carr had a clean jersey. The raiders were able to pick pick pick apart the broncos and had decent success running on them.

The Bears can win this game by following the Raiders blue print.....Play stout D....load up on the run, send 5 or 6 after Flacco....he holds the ball too long as it is....he can be had...he can't move. Don't let them run. They aren't dynamic. They will struggle to score...even if Flacco gets a chunk play here or there....He is a poor red zone QB.

On offense...forget trying to turn Trubs into some dynamic QB who does it all....he needs a bunch of plays that are designed to get the ball out quick....Get the TE involved. Denver is weak at ILB. They couldn't cover the Raider TE....

Denver is a tough place to play on the road..especially in September, but this is a Broncos team that can be had. Fangio is going to be one of those guys who is a great D coordinator (sitting in the booth) and a bad HC (coaching from sideline)

The Bears are coming off 10 days to fix problems and prep. The Broncos had a short week after a very late MNF appearance.

This SHOULD be a Bears win. No need to get fancy or cute in this one...play to your strenghts. The Broncos can't put points on the board....don't give them turnovers and short field....Your D is better than theirs...your O probably is too...and it just needs to play safe and let the D win this game.

Good luck Chicago....I'm rooting for you.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Mitchells coming out party
Blowout win for the Bears
Mitch had 3 tds
I wanna say 4

Status
Not open for further replies.