***OFFICIAL*** IGT Preseason Week Two: Bears @ Giants (Monty Burns Edition)

Who wins

• Bears

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Giants

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Elliott Fry

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Matt Nagy's Full Monty

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
i like all of those but really with a name like Clifton Duck does he really need a nickname?

Just FYI I think Vick Ashley on twitter is referring to him as Sir Ducksworth of Cliffington. Has a nice ring to it.
I like it, but I could see myself butchering it. "Great play by Sir Duckington of Cliffsworth fellas!!!!!!!!"
Maybe that will be the charm of it all though?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Clifton Duck Stood out. I like him. Hopefully he sticks.

The INT was a nice grab but he got chased down with ease by a guy twice his size. Still a great diving grab by him and he got like 62 yards before getting caught but man that big ass WR ran him down. B.Sowell had another bad game. I see no need to be paying C.Daniel as much as we are to be the backup to Trubs. Same old P O'Donell to where he'll have some really good punts but always has some bad punts in there as well, no consistency. Our regular season kicker is not on our team right now. QB pressure still a concern after our top 3 OLB's and two of our top 3 have injury issues. Game one i saw people on this board talking about how our DB depth is as strong as our WR depth and after game 2.....not so much.

I know what Nagy is doing by being very vanilla with the offensive play calling by not wanting any of his stuff out there for teams to see but i sure wish he'd show something. His playbook is supposedly very deep so i don't think it would be that big a deal to try some of his tricks or show we can move the damn ball even with our 2nd and 3rd units.

Wish they wouldn't of taken that K.Whyte kick return for a TD away from us but the dude did grab the end of the guys sleeve even though i don't think he needed to cause that guy wasn't getting Whyte anyway.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The INT was a nice grab but he got chased down with ease by a guy twice his size. Still a great diving grab by him and he got like 62 yards before getting caught but man that big ass WR ran him down. B.Sowell had another bad game. I see no need to be paying C.Daniel as much as we are to be the backup to Trubs. Same old P O'Donell to where he'll have some really good punts but always has some bad punts in there as well, no consistency. Our regular season kicker is not on our team right now. QB pressure still a concern after our top 3 OLB's and two of our top 3 have injury issues. Game one i saw people on this board talking about how our DB depth is as strong as our WR depth and after game 2.....not so much.

I know what Nagy is doing by being very vanilla with the offensive play calling by not wanting any of his stuff out there for teams to see but i sure wish he'd show something. His playbook is supposedly very deep so i don't think it would be that big a deal to try some of his tricks or show we can move the damn ball even with our 2nd and 3rd units.
I like the idea of not playing or showing anything. There is zero point. These games are to find out what you have at positions of need only and that is it. If these pros are that rusty that they need reps, they are not true pros. They need a about a quarter in the 3rd game and that's about it. I'm anxious to see what is in store too but I don't care if the starters don't play a gd rep this pre-season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL preseason kills MLB, there are no other sports options this time of year. Try again angry guy that is wrong about everything.

see, this is what I was referring to. Not trying to be angry. Not sure how I crossed you or whatever, but I'm not trying to have any kind of beef. my bad.

As expected, Nagy again kept most of his key players off the field.

That was the plan, and it became even clearer when the Bears brought in lights and piped in music and artificial crowd noise into a Wednesday night practice at Halas Hall. Nagy planned that lively intrasquad scrimmage to give his starters and key reserves the up-tempo, game-like work they need. The first-unit offense and defense each went through 60 scripted plays against the reserves. No live tackling. Little risk of injury.

“It felt good,” cornerback Buster Skrine said. “It was fun. It was just a good switch-up from (training) camp.”

For the Bears’ key players, that took the place of real preseason game action.

“I love the idea,” quarterback Chase Daniel said. “Anything Coach Nagy does, I’m behind it. And I think it’s a smart move. We have a very young but veteran team with a lot of key guys who have played a lot of snaps. And, listen, as an NFLPA rep, I really do think you’re going to see this league transitioning to what we’re doing and what a lot of other teams are doing.”

In other words, starters playing preseason football may soon become an endangered species.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Wish they wouldn't of taken that K.Whyte kick return for a TD away from us but the dude did grab the end of the guys sleeve even though i don't think he needed to cause that guy wasn't getting Whyte anyway.
Wait, so what do you expect them to do with Daniel?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In other words, starters playing preseason football may soon become an endangered species.

The NFL Network is saying Mahomes is playing a halve tonight. It looks like it depends on the coach.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wait, so what do you expect them to do with Daniel?

Nothing until after the season. Then get Trubs a new cheaper backup QB that works in Nagy's system.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL Network is saying Mahomes is playing a halve tonight. It looks like it depends on the coach.

ok. just fyi, that quote is from the tribune, not me. please don't be mean to me.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nagy setting the tone that the bullshit preseason doesn’t matter. Only to the depth and fringe guys. It’s their tryouts. This team has Super Bowl aspirations. They play GB opening night on prime time. That’s all he has this team focused for. A super bowl team comes out and sets the tone week 1 against their divisional rival. They don’t play some bullshit snaps week 2 of the pre season.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only preseason I've seen was the first quarter of the Carolina game, so I haven't actually seen K. Whyte in action, but I read a lot of people saying he looks good. But when I look at my ESPN app it says he's had like 2ypc in both games (less than that in the Giants game actually). I don't get it.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only preseason I've seen was the first quarter of the Carolina game, so I haven't actually seen K. Whyte in action, but I read a lot of people saying he looks good. But when I look at my ESPN app it says he's had like 2ypc in both games (less than that in the Giants game actually). I don't get it.
people just like his speed. To me, he's a boom or bust type player. I think he's a cheap version of Cohen except really fast. Might be the fastest guy on the team

Status
Not open for further replies.