**** OFFICIAL **** Opening Day 100 year anniversary FOOTBAW FOODBLOGTHREAD::: Bears vs. Packers Edition

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's literally OKTOBERFEST season, FOOTBAW season and Bears/Packers week all wrapped into 2mow and Everyone is PUMPED TF UP

I know I am at least.

To celebrate the changing season and sort of central euro food fare that the Packers and Bears share (Brats and Polish Sausages)

I'm literally ? having ? a sausage ? party. :cool::cool::cool:

Got some decent Brats/Knackwursts from Aldi and Polishes from Costco (they got this brand "Kiolbassa" that makes LIT AF polish sausages)

Pretty decent spread with just that but I'm not a ketotard so I'm also making HALUSKI

WTF IS THAT you might ask yourself? :unsure:

No reason to curse, it's an excellent side dish for sausages that is a little different than a traditional sauerkraut or potato dish.

Essentially it's fried cabbage and noodles.

I'm doing mine a little less traditional. Smoked my own bacon which will be diced up and fried. I'm shredding the cabbage kinda on the finer side, and to go with that texture, using SPAETZLE instead of wide egg noodles.

Basically, you take the bacon, fry it up, reserve, throw the cabbage, some sliced onion and cooked egg noodles and fry that up in the bacon fat, then add the bacon back in an eat it. It's lovely if you haven't had it.

Additionally I'll make up some homemade pretzels and some beer cheese sauce (Really quick and easy now that I got that Sodium Citrate - THANKS @number51)

Menu plan:

Sausages with a variety of mustards. PLUS PICKLED mustard seeds -- https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2019/06/pickled-mustard-seeds.html (DO this! Takes a while to make a big batch but lasts forever in the fridge and it's gr8)

Haluski

Pretzels
and beer cheese sauce

Beers

BEARS

Feel free to share your cookings ITT.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This makes me want to do an entire spread. Really go all out and eat like a King!

But I work. Wife works and we will probably eat chipotle or chikFila.

Not implying that you or your Mrs. don't work so kudos to yall, sounds awesome.

There is a ok italian deli down the road that makes an ok italian beef. Maybe we do that instead?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
the op reminds me when people started discovering different fonts on word programs....

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@HeHateMe fantastic as usual. I had originally planned on an epic spread, and was going to have some friends over, but I canceled because I wasn't sure what this hurricane was going to do. Now I need to figure out plan B...

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To welcome the Cheeseheads to Chicago...I like to make up a couple of good old cheese pizzas I serve up NYC style with extra large thin crust slices. Made up my dough on Monday so I could do a nice 72 hour cold fermentation. Gets me that perfect combo of tender and crispy EVERY SINGLE TIME.

To work in that Chicago flavor...I am giving a shout out to Illinois new Dope Dealing Governor and will be using THC infused olive oil and THC infused butter in both my crust and my sauce. Please do not "@" me during the game as I may think my phone is a Gremlin and drown it in the toilet.

Go Bears!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry for appreciating the dude's culinary skills.

It's all a lie. Last time I was at @HeHateMe house for a clownhole tournament he grilled a steak and burned it. Steaks are the easiest thing not to fuck up.

After I chewed every bite 30x and choked it down... I decided to Krav Maga spar with him and "accidentally" palmstruck his nose for real. I wouldn't even have felt bad until he started crying.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I love haluski

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
It’s going to be between 1-4am here....so coffee beef jerky coffee and then maybe breakfast cereal so I don’t miss the most important meal of the day before passing out in a weird mix of feelings and exhaustion depending on the game

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s going to be between 1-4am here....so coffee beef jerky coffee and then maybe breakfast cereal so I don’t miss the most important meal of the day before passing out in a weird mix of feelings and exhaustion depending on the game
No bacon sarnie?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
F you guys!! I’m probably doing Digiorno (if I get home in time for that) and some Miller
(Yes I am 150% jealous right now).

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have not decided what I will be doing. I'm going to make a game time decision tomorrow (Trey Burton Style). I plan on taking Friday off so I can get drunk AF so that is set. I may go out to the Bar to watch with some buds, but that is tentative ATM. If that falls through, looks like a perfect night to grill. 80 degrees and Sunny. I've really overdone brats this summer so that is gonna be a no from me dawg. With limited prep time (game really snuck up on me and the FBT being late AF) I'll either just grab a steak or wings.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To welcome the Cheeseheads to Chicago...I like to make up a couple of good old cheese pizzas I serve up NYC style with extra large thin crust slices. Made up my dough on Monday so I could do a nice 72 hour cold fermentation. Gets me that perfect combo of tender and crispy EVERY SINGLE TIME.

To work in that Chicago flavor...I am giving a shout out to Illinois new Dope Dealing Governor and will be using THC infused olive oil and THC infused butter in both my crust and my sauce. Please do not "@" me during the game as I may think my phone is a Gremlin and drown it in the toilet.

Go Bears!
You should @ Dave Portnoy aka El Presidente. Slide some coke on the side and you getting an 8 rating!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's literally OKTOBERFEST season, FOOTBAW season and Bears/Packers week all wrapped into 2mow and Everyone is PUMPED TF UP

I know I am at least.

To celebrate the changing season and sort of central euro food fare that the Packers and Bears share (Brats and Polish Sausages)

I'm literally ? having ? a sausage ? party. :cool::cool::cool:

Got some decent Brats/Knackwursts from Aldi and Polishes from Costco (they got this brand "Kiolbassa" that makes LIT AF polish sausages)

Pretty decent spread with just that but I'm not a ketotard so I'm also making HALUSKI

WTF IS THAT you might ask yourself? :unsure:

No reason to curse, it's an excellent side dish for sausages that is a little different than a traditional sauerkraut or potato dish.

Essentially it's fried cabbage and noodles.

I'm doing mine a little less traditional. Smoked my own bacon which will be diced up and fried. I'm shredding the cabbage kinda on the finer side, and to go with that texture, using SPAETZLE instead of wide egg noodles.

Basically, you take the bacon, fry it up, reserve, throw the cabbage, some sliced onion and cooked egg noodles and fry that up in the bacon fat, then add the bacon back in an eat it. It's lovely if you haven't had it.

Additionally I'll make up some homemade pretzels and some beer cheese sauce (Really quick and easy now that I got that Sodium Citrate - THANKS @number51)

Menu plan:

Sausages with a variety of mustards. PLUS PICKLED mustard seeds -- https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2019/06/pickled-mustard-seeds.html (DO this! Takes a while to make a big batch but lasts forever in the fridge and it's gr8)

Haluski

Pretzels
and beer cheese sauce

Beers

BEARS

Feel free to share your cookings ITT.

Thanks!

View attachment 2718View attachment 2719
I expected better out of you

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator