***OFFICIAL*** REAL QB Matchup IGT - Watson vs Mahomes IGT - Texans @ Chiefs IGT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's the kind of player you always feel gives you a chance. He makes plays. That's what you want. He's the John Elway to Mahomes' Marino.
A little early for that proclamation innit? Has his team won a playoff game yet with him?

He does look to be on that path, but he's not there yet.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Mitch has all the physical tools to do what Watson does, but lets not over look offensive scheme and play calling. The Texans called a perfect game yesterday and Nagy should have been taking notes. The Texans ran a ball controlled RPO scheme to perfection and never asked Watson to do too much. Simple routes both short and medium range, got him out of the pocket where he is most comfortable and after running the same RPO 4-5 times in a row, it then took pressure off the O-line and they would go deep. The second half was just a thing of beauty and there is no reason we cannot run the exact same scheme with Mitch and our personnel.

On the other hand, Andy Reid did what Andy Reid does which is refuse the run the ball at all (sound familiar with Nagy) and his passing plays were predictable. He gets bailed out because he has a generational QB talent. The Texans game plan is exactly what Nagy should bee doing the rest of the year. Lets hope he smartens up and stops trying to be Andy Reid, who lets face it, hasn't won shit as a head coach. For all his greatness, no titles and he has some incredibly talented teams.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch has all the physical tools to do what Watson does, but lets not over look offensive scheme and play calling. The Texans called a perfect game yesterday and Nagy should have been taking notes. The Texans ran a ball controlled RPO scheme to perfection and never asked Watson to do too much. Simple routes both short and medium range, got him out of the pocket where he is most comfortable and after running the same RPO 4-5 times in a row, it then took pressure off the O-line and they would go deep. The second half was just a thing of beauty and there is no reason we cannot run the exact same scheme with Mitch and our personnel.

On the other hand, Andy Reid did what Andy Reid does which is refuse the run the ball at all (sound familiar with Nagy) and his passing plays were predictable. He gets bailed out because he has a generational QB talent. The Texans game plan is exactly what Nagy should bee doing the rest of the year. Lets hope he smartens up and stops trying to be Andy Reid, who lets face it, hasn't won shit as a head coach. For all his greatness, no titles and he has some incredibly talented teams.

Some good points. I agree regarding the play calling and I agree that Trubisky is every bit the physical match of Watson. But where he isn't anywhere near the match of Watson is in football intelligence and instincts, and I have doubts that he can make the quick instinctive plays that Watson does so well. Trubisky doesn't seem to see the field well and doesn't read defenses well.

Then there are the accuracy issues downfield which I doubt will be corrected by adjusting the play calling. That's technique and talent.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Watson threw two terrible red zone picks and was lucky KC dropped an easy pick six. Houston also scored a TD after Mahomes fumbled at his own five. His team won but Watson had an average day at best. Carlos Hyde was running all over the Chiefs too.
If Mitch played the exact same game, CCS would be slaughtering him and talking about how they won despite him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Mitch played the exact same game
This is the worst line in Bears fandom. This is used every single week. If Mitch was half the QB of either of those guys, more people would let him slide for a bad performance.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is the worst line in Bears fandom. This is used every single week. If Mitch was half the QB of either of those guys, more people would let him slide for a bad performance.

I missed the part where I mentioned Mahomes. Say what you want but Mitch and Watson had similar seasons last year. Watson is nowhere near as good as Mahomes. He’s a bum slayer.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson threw two terrible red zone picks and was lucky KC dropped an easy pick six. Houston also scored a TD after Mahomes fumbled at his own five. His team won but Watson had an average day at best. Carlos Hyde was running all over the Chiefs too.
If Mitch played the exact same game, CCS would be slaughtering him and talking about how they won despite him.

Neither of those teams are winning shit, regardless of their supernatural QBs

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I missed the part where I mentioned Mahomes. Say what you want but Mitch and Watson had similar seasons last year. Watson is nowhere near as good as Mahomes. He’s a bum slayer.
Funny, i've been saying the same thing about Trubisky.

Glad to know Mitch was as good as a guy playing at maybe 75% last season. But that was last season. The bar is set so low for Mitch in 2019 that fans still give him credit for making one play in a whole football game.

One QB generates offense. The other does not. Mitch does not get the benefit of the doubt that better QBs get because of their body of work. 30 games in and we still got a QB with training wheels and floaties.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Funny, i've been saying the same thing about Trubisky.

Glad to know Mitch was as good as a guy playing at maybe 75% last season. But that was last season. The bar is set so low for Mitch in 2019 that fans still give him credit for making one play in a whole football game.

One QB generates offense. The other does not. Mitch does not get the benefit of the doubt that better QBs get because of their body of work. 30 games in and we still got a QB with training wheels and floaties.

I’ll give you a clue, most NFL QBs are bum slayers. Only the top 3 or 4 play consistently good football regardless of the competition.

Watson isn’t one of those guys. He might be eventually but he isn’t now.

Status
Not open for further replies.