***OFFICIAL*** REAL QB Matchup IGT - Watson vs Mahomes IGT - Texans @ Chiefs IGT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to watch this game but i have a bye week ritual that involves me not watching any QBs that are better than the Bears current QB. I cant break tradition, no matter how much I want to.

So you won't be watching any games this week?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Vegas has this game total at 55.5 points, far and away the largest total of the week.

I wonder if these 2 QBs have anything to do with it, or if this total also has some sort of correlation with the Bears offensive personnel I'm just not seeing. ?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any Bears fans that can't admit that's frustrating and see that perspective is either stupid or is more concerned about Trubs perception as a QB than the Bears winning playoff games.

Of course it's frustrating. Everything about this franchise is frustrating. But what's done is done. Pace made the choices he made and we're stuck with that reality. No use crying over spilled milk.

The Bears were a missed Cody Parkey FG away from what should of been a deep playoff run with Trubisky last year. The Bears don't need him to be some generational talent like Mahomes, just slightly better than he was at the end of the Eagles game. People just need to relax and let this shit play itself out.

Again, if everyone was balling out and Mitch was an isolated issue single-handedly tanking the offense it'd be a different story. But that's not the case. Literally every person on offense regressed right along with him with the lone exception being ARob. To me, that many regressions speaks to a wider coaching issue. Clearly nobody is fooled by Nagy's gimmicks anymore. If Chris Simms is calling out his formations and calls as predictable imagine what actual DC's are saying.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Of course it's frustrating. Everything about this franchise is frustrating. But what's done is done. Pace made the choices he made and we're stuck with that reality. No use crying over spilled milk.

The Bears were a missed Cody Parkey FG away from what should of been a deep playoff run with Trubisky last year. The Bears don't need him to be some generational talent like Mahomes, just slightly better than he was at the end of the Eagles game. People just need to relax and let this shit play itself out.

Again, if everyone was balling out and Mitch was an isolated issue single-handedly tanking the offense it'd be a different story. But that's not the case. Literally every person on offense regressed right along with him with the lone exception being ARob. To me, that many regressions speaks to a wider coaching issue. Clearly nobody is fooled by Nagy's gimmicks anymore. If Chris Simms is calling out his formations and calls as predictable imagine what actual DC's are saying.

Ok so to progress the dialogue here, the main culprit to you should be Nagy right? He lazed off preseason and has not hit the offensive groove like he found last year (even though that still was not very much of a groove last year and offense was clearly our Achilles heel going into the playoffs).

So if Nagy gets them all playing back to mediocre football, and Mitch gets back on track for his whopping 25 TDs (ish) and 15 INT (ish) totals that he posted last year, is that a win? Wouldn't it still be a legit observation that CHI would be dominant with a great QB instead of a middling QB?

Is it crying over spilled milk to say that Pace fucked up and I - for one - cringe at the apparent love and adoration ownership gives him with his shit track record at QBs?

Unless Mitch finds another level of play, this isn't going away and will only heighten if it becomes obvious that Mitch doesn't have the ability to reach the next level. Your gifs of the O-line play are bad and fair to point out it's not all him. You could easily construct gifs where the O-line holds up and Mitch sucks ass. THAT is the line that separates Mitch from his peers in KC and HOU and the line where Pace not only made a mistake but may NEED TO CORRECT ...

and that simply is not "crying over spilled milk" to say that sucks if it holds as true and Pace should NOT be trusted and given a blank check to "buy the paper towels" to wipe up the milk when he is still clumsy and swilling the open milk jug all around here with no real plan on how to find good QBs. (that analogy got a lot of mileage haha)

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok so to progress the dialogue here, the main culprit to you should be Nagy right?

You're misunderstanding me. It's not about singling-out Nagy. It's about remaining objective in evaluating the multitude of issues at play here. The crux of my argument is that people are letting their emotions and envy of Mahomes and Watson's early success taint their perspective and evaluations of this team and Mitch.

So if Nagy gets them all playing back to mediocre football, and Mitch gets back on track for his whopping 25 TDs (ish) and 15 INT (ish) totals that he posted last year, is that a win?

Unless that translates into a deeper playoff run than last season, no, I wouldn't consider that scenario a "win".

Wouldn't it still be a legit observation that CHI would be dominant with a great QB instead of a middling QB?

Perhaps, but who's to say that hypothetical QB would still end up great in a completely different situation. I think it's naive to assume you can just swap players into vastly different situations and expect identical results.

I just have zero interesting in these types of hypothetical arguments.

How dominant would the Bears have been if they didn't pass on Rodgers back in 2005?

Answer: who fucking cares.

Let's discuss what's actually going on here in reality with the players we actually have, not obsess over hypotheticals.

Is it crying over spilled milk to say that Pace fucked up and I - for one - cringe at the apparent love and adoration ownership gives him with his shit track record at QBs?

Depends, do you plan on creating endless threads crying about it? Pretty sure everyone here is in agreement that Pace fucked up so I'm not sure what you're cringing about exactly. I don't see him getting much love and adoration from anyone.
As for ownership, I'm not sure why anyone would care what PR bullshit comes out of Halas Hall. They're going to tow the company line and support their staff/players right up until the moment they don't and said person is let go. Not sure what your expecting here.

You could easily construct gifs where the O-line holds up and Mitch sucks ass. THAT is the line that separates Mitch from his peers in KC and HOU and the line where Pace not only made a mistake but may NEED TO CORRECT ...

This dumb narrative that Mahomes/Watson somehow transcend the need of support from their teammates is obnoxious as fuck. Again, if Mahomes is such an ugodly talented he doesn't require support, how did he possibly lose to a vastly inferior team riddled with injuries starting a bunch of nobodies in the secondary? According to the narrative being peddled here Mahomes and Watson should never lose a game right?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This dumb narrative that Mahomes/Watson somehow transcend the need of support from their teammates is obnoxious as fuck. Again, if Mahomes is such an ugodly talented he doesn't require support, how did he possibly lose to a vastly inferior team riddled with injuries starting a bunch of nobodies in the secondary? According to the narrative being peddled here Mahomes and Watson should never lose a game right?
Literally no one has said this, ever.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
This dumb narrative that Mahomes/Watson somehow transcend the need of support from their teammates is obnoxious as fuck.

Mahomes is like a spaceman from the future who has comeback to show us a new way to play QB. I wouldn't be surprised if he could throw a TD pass to himself.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I haven't seen anyone claim that Trubisky is the only problem, as I never saw anyone claim in all these years that Cutler was the only problem. Obviously the line, particularly 72 and 75, and been shit this year. But Trubisky is also shit.

The problem with you, Broc, is you seem to think the other issues are the only reason WHY the QB is shit, until you eventually realize that QB is also shit. This time will be no different.
Do you think Trubisky would be any better if 72 and 75 were magically made good?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah no shit. I just find the constant axe grinding over Watson and Mahomes obnoxious.

Meh, it's not only Bears fans. It's mentioned constantly by the media as well, and will be forever. Much like Jordan and Sam Bowie. Or Manning and Leaf. The Bengals should be happy about that though, it's completely glossed over they took John Ross instead of Watson/Mahomes.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you think Trubisky would be any better if 72 and 75 were magically made good?

I think the running game would be better which in turn would help the passing game. But I don't think Long or Leno are the reason that Trubisky is such an inaccurate passer or why he doesn't see the field.

I think OL problems can be overcome by good QBs but make mediocre/bad QBs even worse. Someone at Trubisky's level can't afford any issues with the OL. But no, I don't think Trubisky would be "good" if those two improved.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think the running game would be better which in turn would help the passing game. But I don't think Long or Leno are the reason that Trubisky is such an inaccurate passer or why he doesn't see the field.

I think OL problems can be overcome by good QBs but make mediocre/bad QBs even worse. Someone at Trubisky's level can't afford any issues with the OL. But no, I don't think Trubisky would be "good" if those two improved.
But you would agree Trubisky played better last year than he has this year (even though he's only played 3 games this year), right?

If so, why do you think he was playing better last year?

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But you would agree Trubisky played better last year than he has this year (even though he's only played 3 games this year), right?

QBs go thru regressions and progressions seemingly at random. Sometimes it's personnel, sometimes it's coaching/gameplanning, sometimes it's opposing defenses "figuring you out" or vice versa... Usually it's a combination of all these things.

The median line for Trubisky is below average. Everything considered, his performances have been well below what you'd like to see.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He had better stats last year. I don't think he was as good as his average stat line looked like. He feasted on a couple of blowouts against bums and an easy schedule. If you look at his mean games (taking out the best and worst one or two), it's subpar.

But away from stats, actually watching him play, it was obvious that he isn't good. He doesn't look like an NFL QB most of the time. His awareness, accuracy, vision are all shockingly bad to the eye test.

I don't think he'll ever be a franchise QB of the kind of QB who can win big games for you by taking them over. That doesn't mean he can't be around when some big wins happen, like other bad Bears QBs in the past have been.

Honestly if you can't see that he's bad, I can't tell you anything else. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I have nothing new to debate about this that hasn't been said already.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I still can't believe @bearmick made yet ANOTHER thread about two QBs that don't even play for the bears. I mean, come on, what is his obsession with great QBs like Mahommes and Watson??????

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Why the fuck are people pissed that everyone in football is talking a lot about 2 very young QB's who are top 5 in their position in the NFL? Potentially the most important position in all of sports. Top 5, from the same draft, essentially replacing all the media attention guys like Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers were getting.

This is confusing to you? You're sick of it? Stop watching football or any coverage because that's the fucking job of the sport - to promote their stars. And yea they get talked about by every sports team's fans, even if they don't play for them. Do any of you watch sports? It's like asking all basketball boards to not ever mention fucking Lebron and shit like that. These guys are mega-stars and the Bears could've had either one.

You will never stop hearing about that. Even if the Bears won a fucking superbowl on the back of this defense, you will still hear about it. You won't stop hearing it until the Bears get a competent QB.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Literally no one has said this, ever.

Ummmmm.....

Both of those guys would cover up many deficiencies on this team.

You could easily construct gifs where the O-line holds up and Mitch sucks ass. THAT is the line that separates Mitch from his peers in KC and HOU

Meh, good QBs find ways to succeed despite OL issues. Watson has put up 60 tds already with a worse OL than the Bears' one.

Clearly the implication here is that Mahomes/Watson are so supremely talented that surrounding deficiencies are irrelevant since their immense individual talent allows them to cover up those deficiencies and they find ways to succeed regardless.

I simply disagree with that narrative.

If they can succeed despite OL issues how do you explain Mahomes losing to an inferior Indy team fielding a backup QB and ravaged secondary?

According to Mick, "good QB's find ways to succeed despite OL issues" so according to his logic Mahomes should of easily been able to overcome his OL's struggles and shred that scrub secondary for an easy win right? Weird how that didn't happen.

It's almost as if the game of football is more nuanced than simply who has the more talented QB...:unsure:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ummmmm.....

Clearly the implication here is that Mahomes/Watson are so supremely talented that surrounding deficiencies are irrelevant since their immense individual talent allows them to cover up those deficiencies and they find ways to succeed regardless.

I simply disagree with that narrative.

If they can succeed despite OL issues how do you explain Mahomes losing to an inferior Indy team fielding a backup QB and ravaged secondary?

According to Mick, "good QB's find ways to succeed despite OL issues" so according to his logic Mahomes should of easily been able to overcome his OL's struggles and shred that scrub secondary for an easy win right? Weird how that didn't happen.

It's almost as if the game of football is more nuanced than simply who has the more talented QB...:unsure:

You are the king of wild exaggeration and absolutes.

When I say good QBs can overcome line problems, I mean they can still produce at a high level despite the problems elsewhere, not that they're invincible and can win every game.

It's absurd that I need to say this.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
You are the king of wild exaggeration and absolutes.

When I say good QBs can overcome line problems, I mean they can still produce at a high level despite the problems elsewhere, not that they're invincible and can win every game.

It's absurd that I need to say this.
Is he seriously trying to say if either QB loses a single game, then it disproves what we're saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.