***OFFICIAL*** SEAHAWKS @ PACKERS IGT

Status
Not open for further replies.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Watching that game makes me want the Bears to invest heavily in the offensive line this off-season even more.

Get massive beef blocks just so we can have mitch throw the ball 50 times again. LOL

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The play of the game for me was that 4th and 1 BAL didn’t convert. Analytics be damned I just can’t justify going for it there.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Watching that game makes me want the Bears to invest heavily in the offensive line this off-season even more.

Should be priority #1 since Pace won't bench Trubisky(or let Nagy bench him)

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
your IQ is closer to a dog than it is to me.

I don't really think your mom would appreciate you discussing her on this board

Edit: also, tell us how Pace was supposed to get Tannehill. Still waiting

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
No I don't. I think he's pretty awful.

What you don't get is if this chicago bears team had a run game this team would be in the playoffs right now.

The last few weeks of playoff football kind of proved that.
Yes we all know that. That does not mean Mitch isn't a bottom tier starting QB.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
People don’t understand a QB can affect the run game do they?

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
Should be priority #1 since Pace won't bench Trubisky(or let Nagy bench him)

So you want a symbolic benching like the Cutler one?

If someone better than Mitch was on the team, it'd be super easy to bench him. That person doesn't exist yet.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:

People probably don't understand that some teams, like the Titans, can pick up a 3rd and 1 most of the time even if the other team knows they're running, and other teams, like us, maybe pick that up 25% of the time if we run it straight up the gut.

That has nothing to do with the quarterback.

msadows

Liked Posts:
People probably don't understand that some teams, like the Titans, can pick up a 3rd and 1 most of the time even if the other team knows they're running, and other teams, like us, maybe pick that up 25% of the time if we run it straight up the gut.

25%? lol. Thats generous.

We have zero push. Thats on the QB.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you want a symbolic benching like the Cutler one?

If someone better than Mitch was on the team, it'd be super easy to bench him. That person doesn't exist yet.

True. But Pace won't allow that.... yet. Trubisky will still be the starter until probably week 4ish. Hopefully its Alex Smith time. Or anyone for that matter. Maybe Pace can trade for a guy that isn't available, like prior discussed.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

This has nothing to do with my post but okay.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
anyway.....with Ingram injured it definitely altered the game plan. BUT the Ravens should've still stuck with the run and been more prepared to play without Ingram. The D didn't help the Ravens. I question Harbaugh's game plan

msadows

Liked Posts:

Ok since you're a genius on the topic of football please tell me how the QB can affect the run game.

That would be true if teams stacked the box against the bears, or blitzed against us. They didn't do either much. Jordan howard had a stacked box nearly 50% of the time in 2017 with mitch.

Mitch played worse that year too. Guess what was different? Our rushing scheme and how well our runningback/oline played.

msadows

Liked Posts:
True. But Pace won't allow that.... yet. Trubisky will still be the starter until probably week 4ish. Hopefully its Alex Smith time. Or anyone for that matter. Maybe Pace can trade for a guy that isn't available, like prior discussed.

Alex Smith costs way too much and there is no guarantee he is healthy.

I'm good on spending nearly all of our cap to sign a guy who could break behind this oline. I don't think Matt wants to expose Alex to torture.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ok since you're a genius on the topic of football please tell me how the QB can affect the run game.

That would be true if teams stacked the box against the bears, or blitzed against us. They didn't do either much. Jordan howard had a stacked box nearly 50% of the time in 2017 with mitch.

Mitch played worse that year too. Guess what was different? Our rushing scheme and how well our runningback/oline played.
Run game and OL was shit last year but don’t let objective data like stats tell you that. Also, when a QB is so bad that teams have 0 respect for your arm it hurts the run game. Difference is teams knew OL couldn’t move people against a nickel D so they stayed in nickel and just sat back while Mitch checked it down.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:

Alex Smith's Redskins numbers: 6.6 yards per attempt, 10 TD, 5 INT, 85.7 QB Rating
Trubisky's numbers this year: 6.1 yards per attempt, 17 TD, 10 INT, 83.0 QB Rating

Since Alex Smith won't be bringing Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce and Kareem Hunt and a competent offensive line with him from free agency, he's not the upgrade you think he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.