Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sliced thin sourdogh bread, buttered, toasted on a griddle, flipped over (dry side down). Make three eggs in frying pan, top with Sharp cheddar cheese slices (2). Add 3-6 slices of cooked bacon, just starting to crisp. Flip bread to dry side up, build sandwich. (Mine is nearly dead on to Corner Bakery's sandwich)

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/index.php?threads/brett05-explains.72494/#post-3138071

I'm reading a lot of good ideas for sandwiches, but it troubles me that nothing is getting fanned out.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sliced thin sourdogh bread, buttered, toasted on a griddle, flipped over (dry side down). Make three eggs in frying pan, top with Sharp cheddar cheese slices (2). Add 3-6 slices of cooked bacon, just starting to crisp. Flip bread to dry side up, build sandwich. (Mine is nearly dead on to Corner Bakery's sandwich)

Bro do you lift?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
3 eggs for one sammich with 6 strips of bacon?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He certainly does a lot of cardio in B&I.

I only ask because that one sandwich is over 800 calories and less than ideal macros so unless he is dirty bulking this brekkie sammie is gluttonous at best, a death sentence at worst. One might even say it is sinful.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes it is. Corner used to make a great chicken-pesto sandwich. Do they still?

Salami and Swiss, if not already mentioned, is a good sandwich. Good bread, prefer rye, good mustard, a bit of mayonnaise. Onions & lettuce if you like.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm derailing the hell out of this perfectly nice sammy thread, with breaking news for HHM that he probably already knows.

"Sous Vide is Perfect for Cooking Vegetables"

My friend made corn on the cob sous vide and it was the best corn I've ever had. My method of choice for the last 40 years was great, pull back the husk remove the silk, replace and get water on the husk, on the grill for 5 or 10 minutes, carefully remove the super hot husks and put the cobs on the grill for color, that makes great cotc.

My buddy read an article (linked below), bought a bunch of corn from the farmers market, shucked them added salt pepper and butter sealed them up and applied the food dildo set to 180 degrees. Completely blows my version out of the water, pun intended. I'm betting you already knew about this, but here is the article with the science behind the different temperatures for different veggies.

https://www.cooksillustrated.com/ar...y-sous-vide-is-perfect-for-cooking-vegetables

Salami and Swiss, if not already mentioned, is a good sandwich. Good bread, prefer rye, good mustard, a bit of mayonnaise. Onions & lettuce if you like.

Salami and swiss on rye with spicy brown mustard is a wonderful choice, I don't mind a little onion or pickle, but hell no to lettuce or mayo on a salami sandwich. Exception to that rule: yes to lettuce on a well constructed Italian sub, but never mayo IMO.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm derailing the hell out of this perfectly nice sammy thread, with breaking news for HHM that he probably already knows.

"Sous Vide is Perfect for Cooking Vegetables"

My friend made corn on the cob sous vide and it was the best corn I've ever had. My method of choice for the last 40 years was great, pull back the husk remove the silk, replace and get water on the husk, on the grill for 5 or 10 minutes, carefully remove the super hot husks and put the cobs on the grill for color, that makes great cotc.

My buddy read an article (linked below), bought a bunch of corn from the farmers market, shucked them added salt pepper and butter sealed them up and applied the food dildo set to 180 degrees. Completely blows my version out of the water, pun intended. I'm betting you already knew about this, but here is the article with the science behind the different temperatures for different veggies.

https://www.cooksillustrated.com/ar...y-sous-vide-is-perfect-for-cooking-vegetables

Salami and swiss on rye with spicy brown mustard is a wonderful choice, I don't mind a little onion or pickle, but hell no to lettuce or mayo on a salami sandwich. Exception to that rule: yes to lettuce on a well constructed Italian sub, but never mayo IMO.
THanks i did NOT know about this, I hadn't even really thought about doing veg with it, will definitely check it out.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
anyone ever try sous vide grilled cheese?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cuban

Monte Cristo

Grilled Cheese

Italian Beef

BLT