OFFICIAL - Top Sandwiches as determined by CCS

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you think that when I moved to North Dakota a little over a year ago, that I forgot everything that I’ve ever learned in my life, prior to living here? That I had to re-learn to walk, and talk? That living for 4 years in Phoenix, and finally learning what Authentic Mexican Food actually was, and developing a love for it, was all lost, once I crossed the state line?

You’re funny. Weird, but funny.

What else is funny, is that you actually believe that the Tex-Mex joint you love in your little suburb, is one of the 1% of Truly Authentic Mexican restaurants in the US.

Tell me, do Mexican Immigrants come from all over Chicagoland, just to eat there?

Because if it were actually a truly Authentic Mexican joint, you would.

There is a place in Mesa AZ, where the founder was from Mexico (like your Tex Mex Joint, minus the Tex Mex) called Backyard Taco. It was called that, because the founder used to cook out of various back yards when he first started out. His meat was sourced from a Carniceria (traditional Mexican butchering is very different from American). His Carne Asada was not from flank or skirt steak, at least not in how you expect to see those cuts. How Mexicans butcher against the grain, makes for a different consistency than how Americans butcher.

And you will not find a single Tex Mex item on the Menu.

Anyway, the point being, is that both, when he was in the back yard, or after he opened his restaurant, Mexicans, from across the entire valley would drive HOURS, just to eat there (Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the US, and covers over 14,000 square miles, and they’d come from every inch of it), and wait in long assed lines, until he ran out of food. And the reason was, it was one of the 1% of Mexican joints that were actually Authentic.

And in case you were wondering, there is no shortage of “Mexican” restaurants in Phoenix. Though nearly all of them, are in fact, Tex-Mex.

I doubt that a Tex Mex Joint in Hanover Park strikes up such fervor
Good to know that the qualifications for an Authentic Mexican joint is that thousands of people from all over the world must flock to it.

Please stop ruining our Sandwich thread and if you wish to discuss authentic Mexican, please start your own thread. Thanks,

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The guy is a dope, this whole thing started with him claiming the only Mexican places in the suburbs are Taco Bell.

What kind of a moron argues about a restaurant they have never been to?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ursa likes to sit back and feel like the superior libertarian sage, and laugh at all the libtard plebs on CCS. Then about every 2 months or so he picks a pointless point to go at on and off for a couple of weeks, patting his libertarian back the whole time.

Problem is, and he knows this, if he posted more often, got more involved here, and lost his tone deafness, he would probably not enjoy himself very much. Very similar to mongo's m.o. Pretends he is superior, but doesn't spend enough time here to learn that he really isn't, and that he has many pegged incorrectly.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
blah blah blah

There is a place in Mesa AZ, where the founder was from Mexico (like your Tex Mex Joint, minus the Tex Mex) called Backyard Taco. It was called that, because the founder used to cook out of various back yards when he first started out. His meat was sourced from a Carniceria (traditional Mexican butchering is very different from American). His Carne Asada was not from flank or skirt steak, at least not in how you expect to see those cuts. How Mexicans butcher against the grain, makes for a different consistency than how Americans butcher.

You know that burritos aren't a REAL Mexican dish, right?

https://backyardtaco.com/menu/

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Great mexican food talk in here. I feel like being from Maryland, I am a little closer to Mexico than @ursamajor is so I can elaborate on Mexican food a little better.
The #129 @ this joint by me is phenomenal. It includes one beef enchilada, one chicken enchilada, one bean enchilada as well as a final cheese enchilada.
The camareros there are all native Mexicans.
And finally, I WILL BE GOD DAMNED if @ursamajor thinks it's not legit.

That's right! A 1/8th black guy from Maryland does indeed know about good Mexican Soul Food.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I made some grilled cheese sandwiches tonight. Those things are criminally underrated. I had an assortment of cheeses on hand so went with pepperjack and chedder then topped it with an avocado. Very good. I recommend a grilled cheese to everyone here. Not quite top 5 though.

I’m lactose intolerant, stop trying to wrekt my plumbing.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Do you think that when I moved to North Dakota a little over a year ago, that I forgot everything that I’ve ever learned in my life, prior to living here? That I had to re-learn to walk, and talk? That living for 4 years in Phoenix, and finally learning what Authentic Mexican Food actually was, and developing a love for it, was all lost, once I crossed the state line?

You’re funny. Weird, but funny.

What else is funny, is that you actually believe that the Tex-Mex joint you love in your little suburb, is one of the 1% of Truly Authentic Mexican restaurants in the US.

Tell me, do Mexican Immigrants come from all over Chicagoland, just to eat there?

Because if it were actually a truly Authentic Mexican joint, you would.

Anyway, the point being, is that both, when he was in the back yard, or after he opened his restaurant, Mexicans, from across the entire valley would drive HOURS, just to eat there (Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the US, and covers over 14,000 square miles, and they’d come from every inch of it), and wait in long assed lines, until he ran out of food. And the reason was, it was one of the 1% of Mexican joints that were actually Authentic.

And in case you were wondering, there is no shortage of “Mexican” restaurants in Phoenix. Though nearly all of them, are in fact, Tex-Mex.

I doubt that a Tex Mex Joint in Hanover Park strikes up such fervor

Arizona is home to 2 of my all-time favorite Mexican meals:

1. Thanksgiving dinner at La Hacienda in the Scottsdale Fairmont Princess: turkey breast mole.
2. Chilaquiles at Elote Cafe in Sedona.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Arizona is home to 2 of my all-time favorite Mexican meals:

1. Thanksgiving dinner at La Hacienda in the Scottsdale Fairmont Princess: turkey breast mole.
2. Chilaquiles at Elote Cafe in Sedona.

What do you even know about Chilaquiles?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wait, you aren't going to start a "Mexican food restaurant" argument with me are you?

I didn't start the first one, pay attention.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
What do you even know about Chilaquiles?

Not that much, only that the best I've ever had are:

1. Elote Cafe (Sedona)
2. Cocina del Mar (Cabo)
3. Los Agaves (Santa Barbara)

Got any recommendations in NM?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. Elote Cafe (Sedona)
2. Cocina del Mar (Cabo)

Around Sante Fe, The Shed and Gabriel's. Not sure about menu items but very, very solid places.

Edit: The restaurant in La Fonda hotel is pretty solid, too, but more of a lunch place, I think.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

1. Elote Cafe (Sedona)
2. Cocina del Mar (Cabo)

I'm just messing with you per the previous chilaquiles non conversation @number51 mentioned.

The best ones I've had recently were at "the shop" in Albuquerque. They have a legit breakfast there.

17917184_1305522739540268_2826524349836516528_o.jpg

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I'm just messing with you per the previous chilaquiles non conversation @number51 mentioned.

The best ones I've had recently were at "the shop" in Albuquerque. They have a legit breakfast there.

17917184_1305522739540268_2826524349836516528_o.jpg

I would upper cut an infant off a bridge Mortal Kombat style for some chilaquiles right now. Fucking weight cuts, man.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good to know that the qualifications for an Authentic Mexican joint is that thousands of people from all over the world must flock to it.

Please stop ruining our Sandwich thread and if you wish to discuss authentic Mexican, please start your own thread. Thanks,
My name was brought up in this thread, on this subject.

So, direct your sanctimonious bullshit “Please stop ruining our Sandwich thread and if you wish to discuss authentic Mexican, please start your own thread.” of a comment, to the proper party.

Thanks!

Last edited: