D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ursa likes to sit back and feel like the superior libertarian sage, and laugh at all the libtard plebs on CCS. Then about every 2 months or so he picks a pointless point to go at on and off for a couple of weeks, patting his libertarian back the whole time.

Problem is, and he knows this, if he posted more often, got more involved here, and lost his tone deafness, he would probably not enjoy himself very much. Very similar to mongo's m.o. Pretends he is superior, but doesn't spend enough time here to learn that he really isn't, and that he has many pegged incorrectly.
Or, some of us are busy, and don’t have the time to rage post for hours on end, every day of the week.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Or, some of us are busy, and don’t have the time to rage post for hours on end, every day of the week.
He was just trying to understand how your thought process delivers such horrible culinary hot takes.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, the circle jerk gang is finally here.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fried steak torta all day crew here. Or chicken.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Srs??

It doesn't give u torta clout just to know tongue in Spanish. U like it srs? More than milanesa anything?
You asked, and I answered. Done right, the flavor, texture, and chewiness is fantastic, IMHO.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
what a chit show this has turned into. Imagine thinking that a tongue sandwich is a top five sandwich...... Taco maybe, but sandwich, no thanks.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It isnt supposed to be chewy lolwtf

Beef tongue is one of the most tender meats you can put on a taco. If it's chewy, throw it away, something has gone horribly wrong.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It isnt supposed to be chewy lolwtf
I should have been more clear. The texture of the lengua, contrasted with proper bolillo (nice and chewy ). My mistake, I thought we were talking about a torta. I figured you would have known I was talking about the sandwich as a whole.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I should have been more clear. The texture of the lengua, contrasted with proper bolillo (nice and chewy ). My mistake, I thought we were talking about a torta. I figured you would have known I was talking about the sandwich as a whole.
Yeah the roll isnt supposed to be chewy either

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah the roll isnt supposed to be chewy either

It is. Proper Bolillo should be crispy outside, and chewy/doughy inside. I’m sorry you’ve missed out.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It is. Proper Bolillo should be crispy outside, and chewy/doughy inside. I’m sorry you’ve missed out.
Doughy? Lmfao no. The interior of a bolillo is airy and tender not doughy. But it isnt as fluffy as a telera roll which is what a torta is made with anyways.

I only use bolillo for a Sonoran hot dog, never a torta.

Have a nice day.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think that when I moved to North Dakota a little over a year ago, that I forgot everything that I’ve ever learned in my life, prior to living here? That I had to re-learn to walk, and talk? That living for 4 years in Phoenix, and finally learning what Authentic Mexican Food actually was, and developing a love for it, was all lost, once I crossed the state line?

You’re funny. Weird, but funny.

What else is funny, is that you actually believe that the Tex-Mex joint you love in your little suburb, is one of the 1% of Truly Authentic Mexican restaurants in the US.

Tell me, do Mexican Immigrants come from all over Chicagoland, just to eat there?

Because if it were actually a truly Authentic Mexican joint, you would.

There is a place in Mesa AZ, where the founder was from Mexico (like your Tex Mex Joint, minus the Tex Mex) called Backyard Taco. It was called that, because the founder used to cook out of various back yards when he first started out. His meat was sourced from a Carniceria (traditional Mexican butchering is very different from American). His Carne Asada was not from flank or skirt steak, at least not in how you expect to see those cuts. How Mexicans butcher against the grain, makes for a different consistency than how Americans butcher.

And you will not find a single Tex Mex item on the Menu.

Anyway, the point being, is that both, when he was in the back yard, or after he opened his restaurant, Mexicans, from across the entire valley would drive HOURS, just to eat there (Phoenix is the 6th largest city in the US, and covers over 14,000 square miles, and they’d come from every inch of it), and wait in long assed lines, until he ran out of food. And the reason was, it was one of the 1% of Mexican joints that were actually Authentic.

And in case you were wondering, there is no shortage of “Mexican” restaurants in Phoenix. Though nearly all of them, are in fact, Tex-Mex.

I doubt that a Tex Mex Joint in Hanover Park strikes up such fervor

Good post despite what the haters in here are saying. I too will drive for hours for good carne asada.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doughy? Lmfao no. The interior of a bolillo is airy and tender not doughy. But it isnt as fluffy as a telera roll which is what a torta is made with anyways.

I only use bolillo for a Sonoran hot dog, never a torta.

Have a nice day.
A torta can be made with either. I prefer bolillo.

and it is on the doughy side. If it isn’t, is probably baked in a bakery that makes a lot of French bread, and is baked wrong.

I’ll even use it to make Beefs. Wet ones. And it holds up every bit as well as an Italian roll.

You asked me what my favorite Torta is, and I told you Lengua on Bolillo. I’ll admit that I should’ve been more clear initially, but since then, I pretty much cleared it up. I’m not sure what you’re hung up on.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A torta can be made with either. I prefer bolillo.

and it is on the doughy side. If it isn’t, is probably baked in a bakery that makes a lot of French bread, and is baked wrong.

I’ll even use it to make Beefs. Wet ones. And it holds up every bit as well as an Italian roll.

You asked me what my favorite Torta is, and I told you Lengua on Bolillo. I’ll admit that I should’ve been more clear initially, but since then, I pretty much cleared it up. I’m not sure what you’re hung up on.

Have a nice day.