OFFICIAL - Top Sandwiches as determined by CCS

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What about a torta ya racist?

I love Tacos and burritos, but can't classify them as a sandwich. When deciding on what to eat, you never say 'Hey lets go get some sandwiches at that Taco joint down the street'

Also, slaw does not belong on a taco!

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Tacos and burritos, but can't classify them as a sandwich. When deciding on what to eat, you never say 'Hey lets go get some sandwiches at that Taco joint down the street'

Also, slaw does not belong on a taco!

You're a fucking monster

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I'm being honest and only go by conventional thoughts on what a sandwich is:

Steak Torta
Italian Sub
Grilled Cheese w/ bacon & jalapenos
Fried Egg Sandwich w/ bacon and cheese
Italian Beef (dry) w/ hot peppers

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If I'm being honest and only go by conventional thoughts on what a sandwich is:

Steak Torta
Italian Sub
Grilled Cheese w/ bacon & jalapenos
Fried Egg Sandwich w/ bacon and cheese
Italian Beef (dry) w/ hot peppers

1. Milanese or like carne asada?
2. Subway?
3. nice!
4. brekkie sammies are great but in your top 5 GOAT sammies?
5. Now i know why you like Portillos beefs

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Milanese or like carne asada?
2. Subway?
3. nice!
4. brekkie sammies are great but in your top 5 GOAT sammies?
5. Now i know why you like Portillos beefs

I like chicken milanese but not steak. Carne Asada always... made traditional way.

I haven't been to Subway in 54.5 months. Homemade or local deli.

Thanks.

Yes, my family has a GOAT recipe that's been passed down for nearly halve a century.

I actually don't really like Portillos beefs very much.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Going with Gus and omitting beefs from my top 5.

1. Italian Sub homemade or from Bari
2. Pastrami Reuben (russian dressing not thousand island)
3. Steak Milanese Torta
4. Pork belly Banh Mi
5. Fried Oyster Po'boy

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If you mention Subway, it's an automatic ban in this thread.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
5. Shrimp po boy(dressed)
4. Roast Beef po boy(dressed)
3. Philly Cheese steak with real cheez whiz on a nice italian bread
2. Grilled chicken po boy(dressed) chicken marinated and simmered in a light gravy
1. Club Sandwich on homemade bread with garlic aoli, butter lettuce, dill pickles, swiss cheese, and apple wood smoked bacon

Honorable mention: Gyro with double meat

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that it is OFFICIAL...I really had to think.

As this is Chicitysports.com, my Top 5 are all Chicago based.

5. "Sultan's Market" (Wicker Park) - Despite never doing the Vegan thing...I got hopelessly addicted to falafel. This joint wins out for not only doing a great falafel sandwich, but absolutely nailing the lentil soup as the perfect side.

4. "Rocky's Tacos" (Rogers Park) - This place is not only ridiculously close to my house, but has the most ridiculously large Torta menu I have ever seen. Seriously, Google it. I will give the award to "La Maradonna". Slow cooked seasoned pork, ham, cheese and pineapple. Big flavor for the big bread they hand you. Open way late to ensure I will never go tortaless in this life.

3. "Romanian Kosher Sausage Company" (Rogers Park) - Just a couple of blocks from my torta fix is this other gem of the hood. A very old Kosher deli. I am usually getting my meats to go, but you can get simple sandwiches as well. The Romanian Pastrami sandwich is just pastrami on a Polish Rye with a bit of lettuce and mustard. I make it at home so often...I might be 15% Jewish by now.

2. "Miller's Pub" (South Loop) - I wanted to include the Italian Beef sandwich, but that was kinda "too Chicago". The French Dip sandwich is found more widely and Miller's takes it to the next level by using their incredibly good Prime Rib over a classic roast beef. I would eat it three times a day for the next six months my heart would survive if I really wanted to off myself right.

1.) "J.P. Graziano's" (West Loop) - The kind of place you almost don't want to say anything about because it feels like you are in on a secret going there by the warehouse like exterior (see below). The Italian Sub is everything I want in a sandwich...the "house special" here is the GOAT Italian sub. All the best ingredients that they use more to win over wholesale buyers than compete with lame chain sub joints.

Easy Tally Ballot:

1. Italian Sub
2. French Dip
3. Pastrami on Rye
4. Ham & Cheese Torta
5. Falafel Sandwich

f701c5b4512cd0d3b6be394bed3eb3f3.jpg

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Now that it is OFFICIAL...I really had to think.

As this is Chicitysports.com, my Top 5 are all Chicago based.

5. "Sultan's Market" (Wicker Park) - Despite never doing the Vegan thing...I got hopelessly addicted to falafel. This joint wins out for not only doing a great falafel sandwich, but absolutely nailing the lentil soup as the perfect side.

4. "Rocky's Tacos" (Rogers Park) - This place is not only ridiculously close to my house, but has the most ridiculously large Torta menu I have ever seen. Seriously, Google it. I will give the award to "La Maradonna". Slow cooked seasoned pork, ham, cheese and pineapple. Big flavor for the big bread they hand you. Open way late to ensure I will never go tortaless in this life.

3. "Romanian Kosher Sausage Company" (Rogers Park) - Just a couple of blocks from my torta fix is this other gem of the hood. A very old Kosher deli. I am usually getting my meats to go, but you can get simple sandwiches as well. The Romanian Pastrami sandwich is just pastrami on a Polish Rye with a bit of lettuce and mustard. I make it at home so often...I might be 15% Jewish by now.

2. "Miller's Pub" (South Loop) - I wanted to include the Italian Beef sandwich, but that was kinda "too Chicago". The French Dip sandwich is found more widely and Miller's takes it to the next level by using their incredibly good Prime Rib over a classic roast beef. I would eat it three times a day for the next six months my heart would survive if I really wanted to off myself right.

1.) "J.P. Graziano's" (West Loop) - The kind of place you almost don't want to say anything about because it feels like you are in on a secret going there by the warehouse like exterior (see below). The Italian Sub is everything I want in a sandwich...the "house special" here is the GOAT Italian sub. All the best ingredients that they use more to win over wholesale buyers than compete with lame chain sub joints.

Easy Tally Ballot:

1. Italian Sub
2. French Dip
3. Pastrami on Rye
4. Ham & Cheese Torta
5. Falafel Sandwich

f701c5b4512cd0d3b6be394bed3eb3f3.jpg

I miss sultans market!

U had Bari's sub?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Been to a few of those Jamais...

Anyone ever been to Alpine Food Shop in Elmwood Park?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I miss sultans market!

U had Bari's sub?
I have!

Also great subs and a really nice market. JP's mostly wins for me by being only a few blocks from the office.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Been to a few of those Jamais...

Anyone ever been to Alpine Food Shop in Elmwood Park?

Yeah, they just opened one in Westchester too. Not quite on Bari level imo but very good.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, they just opened one in Westchester too. Not quite on Bari level imo but very good.

Best thing about Bari is grabbing a sub and walking over to D'amato's for a cookie or canoli and maybe a slice for later on.