OFFICIAL - Top Sandwiches as determined by CCS

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ummmmm.....never run out of bacon.......I don’t always recommend this but I keep a box of the precooked in the house so I always have a supply ready for when I need a bacon fix .....hopelessly addict to the stuff.

What kind? Is that stuff any good?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What kind? Is that stuff any good?
It is not as good as the uncooked but it is good enough in a pinch. Oscar Mayer is what I usually buy.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I had some good deli lunch meat and just tossed that in with the eggs. Not bacon, but it worked out
Krakus ham shaved is a good one.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Grilled cheese with ham, egg and bacon......

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@Grimson was telling me the other day that we are only a year or two away from bacon becoming fully automated, just buy the porkbelly and put it through the baconator on a monthly basis and you'll have a constant supply of bacon.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@Grimson was telling me the other day that we are only a year or two away from bacon becoming fully automated, just buy the porkbelly and put it through the baconator on a monthly basis and you'll have a constant supply of bacon.
I’m in.......I’ll take 3

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If you gotta pick one of the shitty supersubmarts who you got?
Subway?
Jimmy Johns?
Jersey Mikes?
Quiznos(are they still a thing?)
WaWa?

They are all the same but Mikes is the most expensive. Johns is the most bland. Subway is just the same old boring shit.
I would go WaWa or Quiznos.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m a huge fan of Jersey Mike’s. I used my points to get 3 free subs on 1 trip..... Prices here in Indiana are comparable. They have the best bread. Subways bread sucks, jimmy johns has a decent BLT.....Quiz”NO”s. We don’t have a WaWa.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I’m a huge fan of Jersey Mike’s. I used my points to get 3 free subs on 1 trip..... Prices here in Indiana are comparable. They have the best bread. Subways bread sucks, jimmy johns has a decent BLT.....Quiz”NO”s. We don’t have a WaWa.
well if they are free, Jersey Mikes might make a decent sub.
We actually have this local italian joint down the road and they make 18" subs that are amazing. They also know what a true Italian Beef is. So my wife and I peaced out on the big supersubmarts long ago. WaWa is basically a gas station that make really good subs. Almost like Sheets if you have ever heard of that one. Or Royal Farms. same thing there. Gas and great fried chicken for a freaking gas station!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Subway?
Jimmy Johns?
Jersey Mikes?
WaWa?

They are all the same but Mikes is the most expensive. Johns is the most bland. Subway is just the same old boring shit.

I actually really liked Quiznos. They all shut down around here tho.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I actually really liked Quiznos. They all shut down around here tho.
Yeah, me too. Decent ingredients. They were probably my favorite until they went belly up

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Subway?
Jimmy Johns?
Jersey Mikes?
WaWa?

At least at Jersey Mike's they cut the meat fresh for each samich. Some of the other's use pre-sliced (Subway).
Quiznos is my second favorite of those listed.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I guess if you live in the sticks and don't have an actual deli near you, you go to whatever chain is closest. Also the chains are cheaper, so if it's for financial reasons no judgement. I have no idea why anyone in the Chicago area with money would go to any of those places, there are great Italian deli's everywhere. My go to place is Augustino's great subs and everything else, none of those corporate chains are even remotely close.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I guess if you live in the sticks and don't have an actual deli near you, you go to whatever chain is closest. Also the chains are cheaper, so if it's for financial reasons no judgement. I have no idea why anyone in the Chicago area with money would go to any of those places, there are great Italian deli's everywhere. My go to place is Augustino's great subs and everything else, none of those corporate chains are even remotely close.
While in Chicago one does not visit chain sub stores.......unless it’s an emergency ( not sure what would consist of said emergency) Augustine’s is a bit away from the City limits though.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
While in Chicago one does not visit chain sub stores.......unless it’s an emergency ( not sure what would consist of said emergency) Augustine’s is a bit away from the City limits though.

Yeah, Augies is in my neighborhood, but every neighborhood in and around Chicago has a deli that's a better sub option than the mentioned chains.

We've had other discussions about pizza and burger chains, if you live in a small town you may not have an option, maybe the only pizza place is Dominoes, the only Mexican is Taco Bell, the only burger is McDonald's. On another message board a guy said he liked the Arbys gyros, if that was the only gyros for 500 miles, what are you going to do? If you live in Chicagoland and you eating Dominoes pizza, Arbys gyros, or Taco Bell you should stop eating and just die. Exception to the rule Taco Bell at 2AM.

Nobody grubs on Mr. SUB?????

Scottie loves them.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Augies is in my neighborhood, but every neighborhood in and around Chicago has a deli that's a better sub option than the mentioned chains.

We've had other discussions about pizza and burger chains, if you live in a small town you may not have an option, maybe the only pizza place is Dominoes, the only Mexican is Taco Bell, the only burger is McDonald's. On another message board a guy said he liked the Arbys gyros, if that was the only gyros for 500 miles, what are you going to do? If you live in Chicagoland and you eating Dominoes pizza, Arbys gyros, or Taco Bell you should stop eating and just die. Exception to the rule Taco Bell at 2AM.

Scottie loves them.

*Arbies

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Scottie loves them.

Did you say Mexican and Taco Bell in the same sentence? Bwahahahahaha