***OFFICIAL*** What are you watching right now?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else watch Reprisal on Hulu?
About to start it this wknd. Are you enjoying it so far? I'm a fan of the main actress and Rodrigo Santoro

Witcher was kind of slow at the beginning, but I guess for a first season, they need to introduce characters.

Mrs. Maisel was good, but I felt like the season ended early. Just when things were really getting interesting with the gambling and homosexuality...that's when it ended.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The problem is that once you figure out there are different timelines, they once again go and throw you more timelines without any explanation. It's not creative or thought provoking, just confusing. I enjoyed the story but it's some of the worst storytelling I've ever seen.

Well the timelines eventually converge but yeah certainly not for everyone. I didnt mind it but to each his own.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If you like fantasy then yes. Takes a few episodes to hit its stride like around Episode 5. I think the later seasons will be better too as the novels are better than the short stories this first season is based on. There are some twists in store already set up this season that you will not find out about until much later.

I wouldnt recommend because some of the characters introduced that seem insignificant now play major roles once the novels get going.

I bought the book set. Probably be awhile before I get them because of the holidays but I can’t wait until I dive into the Witcher world and not Netflix or ps4 version lol

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The problem is that once you figure out there are different timelines, they once again go and throw you more timelines without any explanation. It's not creative or thought provoking, just confusing. I enjoyed the story but it's some of the worst storytelling I've ever seen.

I think especially with the first season it needed 4 more episodes and for something significant to happen. That might all change once I read the books but as far as watching the show I feel like it needed more

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
About to start it this wknd. Are you enjoying it so far? I'm a fan of the main actress and Rodrigo Santoro

Witcher was kind of slow at the beginning, but I guess for a first season, they need to introduce characters.

Mrs. Maisel was good, but I felt like the season ended early. Just when things were really getting interesting with the gambling and homosexuality...that's when it ended.
I watched the whole thing, and I definitely enjoyed it. Hard to describe - sort of a Sons of Anarchy vibe with a retro twist, and some stylistic stuff similar to Pulp Fiction...but the main character being a femme fatale.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I really liked the Witcher. The timelines didn't bother me because I thought it was obvious early on, and it kept the show from falling into a "Geralt accepts new contract, rinse/repeat" cycle. It must've been hard for them to stitch together a bunch of short stories into a long plot for Season 1, but I think they did it as well as they could have. I actually really liked how it came together when you realize
Geralt's been in Cintra the entire time.
It had a lot of genuinely funny moments, too.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really liked the Witcher. The timelines didn't bother me because I thought it was obvious early on, and it kept the show from falling into a "Geralt accepts new contract, rinse/repeat" cycle. It must've been hard for them to stitch together a bunch of short stories into a long plot for Season 1, but I think they did it as well as they could have. I actually really liked how it came together when you realize
Geralt's been in Cintra the entire time.
It had a lot of genuinely funny moments, too.
yea...I was confused in episode 4 when I saw him there and I was like..."wait ain't that homegirl grandma?"...then episode 8 came about and I was like "whoa". I'm not a book reader, so this was all new to me.

Monster

Liked Posts:
A Christmas Carol... George C. Scott... 1984

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
New season of You is out on Netflix. My wife got me to watch the first season 2 years ago when it was on Lifetime. It's based on some book she was reading. It was interesting, so I've been waiting for the second season. Netflix bought the series, so now it's on Netflix.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Great ending to season 1 of the mandalorian. A few minor details I didn’t get / like but overall it was a great season finale and I look forward to season 2.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Ham Man on Live PD. Dude is a legend.

Fucking Florida, lol.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Just finished the Witcher. Know nothing about the games or books, but it was new on Netlfix and had Chinese subtitles so wife could watch, and she thought it looked like GoT. Overall was pleasantly surprised. Nice action, decent world building for someone with no backstory to easily pickup on/follow, and it hits that sweet spot of nudity where it's enough to keep me invested but not too much that it turns the wife off of the show.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just finished the Witcher. Know nothing about the games or books, but it was new on Netlfix and had Chinese subtitles so wife could watch, and she thought it looked like GoT. Overall was pleasantly surprised. Nice action, decent world building for someone with no backstory to easily pickup on/follow, and it hits that sweet spot of nudity where it's enough to keep me invested but not too much that it turns the wife off of the show.
Were you confused with the timeline as well?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Were you confused with the timeline as well?

Not really confused because I didn't know enough of the backstory to realize stuff was out of place. I just had no idea until the one characters timeline caught up to the starting point of the others, and then it clicked "Oh, they've been doing a chasing timeline thing".

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really confused because I didn't know enough of the backstory to realize stuff was out of place. I just had no idea until the one characters timeline caught up to the starting point of the others, and then it clicked "Oh, they've been doing a chasing timeline thing".
Yeah I didn't know about the timelines until episode 4. I thought they were just in different parts of the world. Although, after rewatching the first couple of episodes, there were plenty of clues to let you know the timelines.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Witcher beats out Mandalorian as most streamed show.

Pretty crazy. More people are playing the Witcher 3 than Red Dead Redemption 2, despite the fact that it came out nearly five years ago.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/30/21043014/netflix-the-witcher-3-henry-cavill-game-steam-twitch

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
When I ordered the books after binging the show in a day the set was $20 cheaper than it is now and the sets are mostly out of stock. I’m sure the show created a resurgence

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: